Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there a more depressing sight in football...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
esusytuq.jpg

First full row back, the two muppets on the left and then five and six along the guy with his son.

Sad acts.

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
What annoyed me was the stewards trying to kick our fans out/warning them but not doing anything about their fans (until much later on), this just got our fans more annoyed.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
What annoyed me was the stewards trying to kick our fans out/warning them but not doing anything about their fans (until much later on), this just got our fans more annoyed.

This. One warning and a threat to eject for filming but completely failed to react to abuse from a few Ipswich that was clearly winding people up until it was too late. Two of their stewards conceded they had mishandled the whole thing. Having said all that, pretty sure our lot were only so excitable because we were so poor.

The criticism is aimed at the stewards who made matters worse by doing nothing at the beginning.

Oh please! Bunch of about 8 pissed up 40+yo Brighton fans in row C, seats 30-40 who spent the entire game baiting/provoking the Ipswich stewards, not doing as they were asked, starting arguments and trying (a few successfully) to get themselves ejected. The abuse from the Ipswich fans was a sideshow and used by these knobs as an attempt to somehow justify their behaviour. Haven't witnessed anything like this at a game since the 70's, appalling behaviour from a group of grown men who can hopefully be identified from the CCTV.

Feb 14, 2010
Oh please! Bunch of about 8 pissed up 40+yo Brighton fans in row C, seats 30-40 who spent the entire game baiting/provoking the Ipswich stewards, not doing as they were asked, starting arguments and trying (a few successfully) to get themselves ejected. The abuse from the Ipswich fans was a sideshow and used by these knobs as an attempt to somehow justify their behaviour. Haven't witnessed anything like this at a game since the 70's, appalling behaviour from a group of grown men who can hopefully be identified from the CCTV.

No idea what happened today, but all very dramatic, " not seen anything like it until the 70s".. ! Are you sure, how Ipswich with the pitch invasion in Elvis costumes in the 1990's or Palace away in the 80's 90's and 2000s (especially the 5-0 game), or Aldershot, or Orient or Pompey or Chesterfield, or Brentford with over 60 arrested, or Bournemouth with a pitch invasion on TV or Southend under Micky Adams when Brighton broke out the end or Hereford or Wolves last year or a Leeds pub away this year.. do I need to go on as the list does go on and on and on with Brighton. Its only a few people on NSC who don't seem to have seen these things. Brighton have a certain type of support, its not as well covered by the press as clubs like Millwall, Cardiff and Pompey but clubs like Brighton, West Ham and Spurs in the South East are just as bad.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
This whole homophobic thing is beyond a joke now, been going on for years :nono: about time stewards made a stand to stamp this shit out once and for all, how much longer do we have to put up with it

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
This whole homophobic thing is beyond a joke now, been going on for years :nono: about time stewards made a stand to stamp this shit out once and for all, how much longer do we have to put up with it

Why don't some fans grow some thicker skin. I loved giving back as much as we got it was all part of the away day experience. If people don't like it then it is quite simple don't go and take up watching ballet. Which is more suited to some of the fans out there.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Why don't some fans grow some thicker skin. I loved giving back as much as we got it was all part of the away day experience. If people don't like it then it is quite simple don't go and take up watching ballet. Which is more suited to some of the fans out there.

Just out of interest, would you say the same if the subject was racist chanting rather than homophobic?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

I hadn't realised I had to choose between going to away games and going to the ballet; thanks for the advice. If it's all the same to you, I think I'll continue doing both.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

This , except for the nonsense about the 70's, they were absolutely cringeworthy.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I did make a formal complaint about one Ipswich fan, who was subsequently ejected by the stewards. I had to attend an identity parade at the police station after the match, but unfortunately could not pick out the culprit as all the men in the ID parade looked identical.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not long I think, the new football experience is nearly here.............

http://www.totalfootballmag.com/oth...tball-league-launch-family-football-festival/

This may not be universally popular but face painting and fancy dress are exactly the things I go to football to avoid. I have two children and think I'm fairly hands on. Yesterday, instead of going to Ipswich I took my daughter to two parties (dressed as a fairy with painted cheeks) and played Wii with my son. Going to football is my escape from all this. If they turn the Amex in to a happy clappy kindergarten I might as well stay in the pub. Although half of those are glorified soft play areas these days.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I didn't realise what kicked it off, I thought our fans overreacted to whatever the Ipswich fans were doing, there was no need to rush to the front of the stand and offer them out, that was just asking for trouble. The ejected Ipswich fan was a complete tool and sadly his very young son had been taught the abusive gestures well, utterly pathetic.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
...than seeing a grown man being ejected from a football ground (and I'm making an assumption that it was for the level of abuse directed at the Albion fans) to then see his small, young son follow him.

Great example Dad - well done.

I can think of a few others, how about...........

image.jpeg

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Just out of interest, would you say the same if the subject was racist chanting rather than homophobic?

Give it back, some fans need to stop whinging and give it back. You wouldn't put up with crap on the street or in the workplace (maybe some would), just stand up and be counted and grow a pair.

My first game in 3 years will be against Millwall away and I cant wait to give it back, cause I know they will be chanting about my supposed sexual orientation it's going to be fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here