Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the amex too small?

Jan 30, 2008
If you want advice on potential and possible attendances then don't ask many on here as at least 90% thought we'd average around 14/15k when we moved to the Amex and 12k when the dust had settled....Thankfully a few like me said it would sell out and said we'd get 25k no probs when doing well in this league.

We wouldn't struggle to get 40k for home games that I'm very sure of....massive potential and a massive catchment area :)

Only if we're in the premiership:rolleyes:
regards
DR

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If we get to the premier league, knock it down and build a stadium to rival old Trafford.

Nah! Just increase the prices . . . .

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Long term,a very big IF,if Albion were to find themselves in a Southampton/Coventry scenario of "sustained" top flight status,then perhaps 40,000 seats could be enough....

I have no doubt we could average over 30,000 unlike 1979 football and the market is safer and that can attract fans from many walks..

There would be many empty seats when we yo yo though..

I am assuming we go up in the first place of course.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
North Stand is too small .

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If you want advice on potential and possible attendances then don't ask many on here as at least 90% thought we'd average around 14/15k when we moved to the Amex and 12k when the dust had settled....Thankfully a few like me said it would sell out and said we'd get 25k no probs when doing well in this league.

We wouldn't struggle to get 40k for home games that I'm very sure of....massive potential and a massive catchment area :)

To be fair, when they put the first shovel in the ground we were at the arse end of league 1 and the 14k figure was, if memory serves me correctly, the one quoted by the club as break even.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Really, so we doubled it and have losses on £10m

I hope they don't have the same accountant!

Presumably they had to show a plan to demonstrate sustainability. What do you think the planning process would have drawn from a statement that even on gates of 28K (oh by the way once you've let us build it we're going to extend it) we will still make a loss!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here