Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is poyet mainly gonna be a SUIT WEARER then?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
will club gus be anything like matt le tiss' club? if so, does it need a bar round the corner run by a lesser sort to soak up the riff raff. in le tiss's case, francis benali's establishment round the corner (these were actual places by the way). 'oatway's' perhaps.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
TLO - I think Icy Gull has a point....Souness has a reputation for disorderly and provocative behaviour.

You are completely correct in wanting to consider sartorial presentation - however as Chairman I urge you not to allow us to have a policy akin to clubs in West Street - where they would turn away Al Gore if he had trainers on, but let fred West in if he had a smart pair of shoes on.

Clothing is of course a huge ingredient as to a gentlemans character - but one can also be misled with the clever positoning of brogues and slacks.

However as always must be the case it is the decision of the committee through majority.

If Mr Souness is voted out by the committee, his membership will of course be declined.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
For the sake of clarification could I ask the committee to consider the Souness application?

Icy gull - is there a position you feel you could fill within the committee?

I like the idea of an Oatways Bar round the corner....certainly for the likes Das Reich etc who I can assure you will not be stepping foot in Club Gus

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What GOD FORSAKEN place is this, of which you speak, where ALAN gets to adjudicate on people's sartorial standards?

ALAN?

'SAKE.

:facepalm:

C_71_article_1124452_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

This guy always looks rather DAPPER, and if he grew that fabulous tache back I'd say his membership would be a mere formality. Has openly expressed his disdain at todays superstar footballers, and comes across as a thoughful and intelligent pundit. I would happily share my tin of snuff with such a man.

But if the committee deems to turn him down, I'M not telling him.

He has ALWAYS been a COMPLETE MEMBER

ever since he had to run off the Goldstone pitch a bit sharpish in 1981

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I hear he has this little number lined up for Wycombe :ohmy: :ohmy:

Gus_Poyet.jpg

Stick with the tracksuit Gus :lolol: :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That is evidence of fey prissiness.

This is supposed to be a club for connoisseurs, of sophistication.

Dressing like a nancy is not a mark of that. He's not even wearing a jacket.

As I said before your criteria for who become a member seems a bit clothes obsessed. Will you be keeping ties to hand out for those that turn up without them?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What GOD FORSAKEN place is this, of which you speak, where ALAN gets to adjudicate on people's sartorial standards?

ALAN?

'SAKE.

:facepalm:
He was allowed onto the committee in order to prevent him behaving like Peggy, *desperately* aspiring to become a yellow coat. I thought this was made clear? In the eventuality, we will of course wheel him out when accusations of elitism come our way - in the same way as the BNP wheel out one of their three Jewish members when accused of racism.

And my vote for Souness? It's a NO. Not welcome.

QUOTE=The Large One;3220380]That is evidence of fey prissiness.

This is supposed to be a club for connoisseurs, of sophistication.

Dressing like a nancy is not a mark of that. He's not even wearing a jacket.[/QUOTE]

Presumbly wearing this will allow one to saunter past the doorman , giving him a cursory nod, and take one's place at the top table in Club Gus with the pick of Gullys Girls........................
123_1_SCNSCAll.jpg

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
As I said before your criteria for who become a member seems a bit clothes obsessed. Will you be keeping ties to hand out for those that turn up without them?

I don't think you've got the hang of this for one second. To ensure membership, wit, sophistication and personality must be combined with sartorial elegance.

BOTH are required.

One of the pre-determining features of this club is that members are dressed elegantly, smart jackets, crisp shirts, and NO ties. It was a rule laid down by Diggers earlier on. Please go back and read again.

Mr Souness' inclusion appears to be an abberation, I would like to apologise to the committee for any embarrassment caused due to this oversight, and his membership will be immediately withdrawn.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here