Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Mr Potter, Chris Hughton II...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
One thing we do know - is Tony Bloom is ruthless in his sacking of managers with no sentiment. So will be interesting to see what happens in the summer. Hopefully we photocopied Dan Ashworth shortlist before he went to tend to his garden

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
GPott gets sicknotes

I've pretty much only just stopped facepalming at Adam "5 Minutes" Lallana.

The idea that we can magically rehabilitate injury prone players is cute, but simply doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Once you're liable to being crocked, particularly with muscle injuries, that's the way your body reacts to sport.

Anyone can have an unfortunate crack of heads, get cut in two with a poor challenge or get an impact injury from hitting a post or advert board but if your body struggles with high intensity sport then it will always struggle with high intensity sport.

Lallana is a class player but can anyone really say that he's improved us as a club? Add his and Welbeck's wages together and you get a young striker with a decent finishing ratio, surely?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
i don't think we were, i think we were saying that a 6-3-1 can only end in teears

We can differ on the former but not the latter.

CH cut his cloth accordingly and eventually paid the price.

As grueling as then was, sat in a near silent stadium watching 1 or 2 shots on target before the fire drill on 75 minutes doesn't feel markedly better.

Every cry of Cardiff is easily retorted with Bumley.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Best squad we've ever had.
Best season we've ever had (apparently)
And we're still a bit shit.
GPot is rubbish at some things and brilliant at others.

That's absolutely fine, but the way the fanbase has been played by the club propaganda where you're not allowed to complain is a disgrace.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

The question will never be is Potter as bad as Hughton but whether Potter is taking the club forward. We are in real danger of squandering the progress we appeared to be making this season. We haven’t yet but the pressure is now on these next games

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Best squad we've ever had.
Best season we've ever had (apparently)
And we're still a bit shit.
GPot is rubbish at some things and brilliant at others.

That's absolutely fine, but the way the fanbase has been played by the club propaganda where you're not allowed to complain is a disgrace.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've pretty much only just stopped facepalming at Adam "5 Minutes" Lallana.

The idea that we can magically rehabilitate injury prone players is cute, but simply doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Once you're liable to being crocked, particularly with muscle injuries, that's the way your body reacts to sport.

Anyone can have an unfortunate crack of heads, get cut in two with a poor challenge or get an impact injury from hitting a post or advert board but if your body struggles with high intensity sport then it will always struggle with high intensity sport.

Lallana is a class player but can anyone really say that he's improved us as a club? Add his and Welbeck's wages together and you get a young striker with a decent finishing ratio, surely?

Yes. Waste of a massive transfer fee.

Oh. :shrug:

But still......

Potter OUT! Barber OUT.. . . . . . or is it.... stop dreaming. We are Brighton. We need to remember our place. And our place is being laughed at by Palace.

:facepalm:

Back the owner and the manager and the team, I say. I am PROUD OF MY CLUB.

Only by the grace of god are we not Chelsea. All that glory, now classed as worthless, bought on the back of the owner being Putin's gimp. The shame of it.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Hence the question posed in #1.

Is this it?

Irrespective of who comes in are they always going to be a variation of the original Premier League manager, because thems the cards theys dealt.

Probably yeah, this is it or relegation battles. Money talks.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wouldn't disagree but to only have 2 teams who have scored less this season than us (Norwich and Burnley - currently in the bottom three), and be where we are is a bit of a miracle in itself.

How we can score so few goals yet be 13th is actually quite an achievement in my book. Surely this summer we have to finally spend big on the Elephant in the room?

We had a good defence up to and including Watford away.

Wolves have achieved exactly the same thing, but are better quality.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
We can differ on the former but not the latter.

CH cut his cloth accordingly and eventually paid the price.

As grueling as then was, sat in a near silent stadium watching 1 or 2 shots on target before the fire drill on 75 minutes doesn't feel markedly better.

Every cry of Cardiff is easily retorted with Bumley.

does, "CH cut his cloth accordingly",mean he should have played attacking midfielders as auxilliary full backs?

having seen both managers systems, who would would you say has more potential upside, moving forward?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Yes. Waste of a massive transfer fee.

Oh. :shrug:

Which would have been a really valid retort had my point not been the wages he was taking up :facepalm:

Potter OUT! Barber OUT.. . . . . . or is it.... stop dreaming. We are Brighton. We need to remember our place. And our place is being laughed at by Palace.

Our place appears to be "isn't it incredible we're playing actual Liverpool in an actual league game. Just a quarter of a century ago we were nearly dead". Which is as unambitious as f**k.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
No, Potter is completely different to Hughton in that he plays to win, whilst CH all too often played to not lose (in the PL). Our fluid / attacking style of football has given us 33 points and has meant at no point this season have we thought we were going down. Yes we’ve had a poor recent run of results but only against Burnley did we play badly. Even today against world class opposition, we gave a good account of ourselves. We are progressing but in an increasingly competitive league we need to be patient and keep the faith.
We have the same amount of points we did at this stage during hughtons last season.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
does, "CH cut his cloth accordingly",mean he should have played attacking midfielders as auxilliary full backs?

having seen both managers systems, who would would you say has more potential upside, moving forward?

Again I do agree, although GPott isn't adverse to random fullbacks.

Were you to say the difference is that of night and dawn, then I'd wholeheartedly agree.

But if feels like you wouldn't, and if not you others definitely wouldn't, much preferring the correct 'night and day' analogy.

Which is the point at which I strongly disagree, esp after some of the appalling performances, this season alone.

Now how has that come about?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
My view of Potter varies. I was often in the potter out camp early on but appreciate the way we (can) play. Some outstanding performances this season but also some very poor, I have seen Norwich pull off outstanding performances on their day so consistency and quality is key. Is Potter is the one to take us further? Difficult question.. players do need to take responsibility at times but something I often ask myself is 'would ..... get more out of this team' and I would be interested to know how Gus would have faired with this squad.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Again I do agree, although GPott isn't adverse to random fullbacks.

Were you to say the difference is that of night and dawn, then I'd wholeheartedly agree.

But if feels like you wouldn't, and if not you others definitely wouldn't, much preferring the correct 'night and day' analogy.

Which is the point at which I strongly disagree, esp after some of the appalling performances, this season alone.

Now how has that come about?

intent is very important i feel, who do you think the players prefer playing for?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
intent is very important i feel, who do you think the players prefer playing for?

The obvious answer is fast becoming neither.

It's hard to imagine they are playing 'for' GPott after Bumley, Villa x 2, Newcastle, The Leeds, Southampton.

I have no idea where the 'Chelsea' side has gone - but those games are rapidly becoming the exception not the rule, much like Utd was for Hughton.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
The obvious answer is fast becoming neither.

It's hard to imagine they are playing 'for' GPott after Bumley, Villa x 2, Newcastle, The Leeds, Southampton.

I have no idea where the 'Chelsea' side has gone - but those games are rapidly becoming the exception not the rule, much like Utd was for Hughton.

so who would you like to see replace potter?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here