Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Mr Potter, Chris Hughton II...

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Unfortunately it seems Potter is the ‘Emperors New Clothes’. Is there really that much improvement to Hughton? Yes the football is a little bit prettier but this season will finish in our normal position of 17 -15 in the EPL.
There is no excitement in our games and you predict that we will start off ok, make a mistake, let a goal in and then huff and puff but never look like threatening a goal. Potters home record is an embarrassment and when you look at points, league position, Potters 3 seasons will see no progress!

Last edited:

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
... but with a nicer winter coat?

Obviously on many many levels that's a compliment, but sadly managing the Albion in the Premier League isn't one of them.

The similarities are there for all to see.
Easily found out, Intransigent when done so, unable to win at home, unable to create goals from around the squad, incredibly 'nice' to all comers.

When he is replaced I'm guessing Hughton III will be waiting in the wings.

Which in turn suggests this probably isn't his fault and much like me with blue eyed brunettes - the Albion has a 'type'. :lol:

Obviously this is only a thread for those of us who are as familiar with Mr Hughton's work as they are with Mr Potter's.

You really are a sad bore. You are the first poster ever I’m about to put on ignore.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
CH never had a £16m full back.
(Probably now former) Belgium international.
Spanish international tall keeper, (see above)
Argentinian international attacking midfielder (see above the above)
Champions League finalist defender.
A mobile striker.

Sure they both have Solly - bless him.

are you forgetting defending 0-1, and then 0-2 v cardiff?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Disappointed but not surprised at how entitled some Albion fans have become.

Comparing the absolute shit fest under latter day Hughton to how we play now as being similar? FFS

It may have escaped many on here but even though we are are in a shit run at the moment we look like we belong at this level, we looked Sunday League by the time CH got sacked.

**** thread but no surprise given the constant negative shit from the thread starter about just about everything in his life.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
No, Potter is completely different to Hughton in that he plays to win, whilst CH all too often played to not lose (in the PL). Our fluid / attacking style of football has given us 33 points and has meant at no point this season have we thought we were going down. Yes we’ve had a poor recent run of results but only against Burnley did we play badly. Even today against world class opposition, we gave a good account of ourselves. We are progressing but in an increasingly competitive league we need to be patient and keep the faith.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No, Potter is completely different to Hughton in that he plays to win, whilst CH all too often played to not lose (in the PL). Our fluid / attacking style of football has given us 33 points and has meant at no point this season have we thought we were going down. Yes we’ve had a poor recent run of results but only against Burnley did we play badly. Even today against world class opposition, we gave a good account of ourselves. We are progressing but in an increasingly competitive league we need to be patient and keep the faith.

I fear you may be wasting your time but I agree with you

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Springal called it correctly in my book. Available budget plays a MASSIVE part in what happens. We are one of the poorer clubs financially and finishing mid-table would be a great achievement - I know that now looks less likely but that is our level at best. I know it’s not romantic and the football at the moment is not fun but where we are is entirely realistic.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Understand that you are a Potter fan boy, but the truth Is his 3 seasons will see no improvement in league position than CH and he has a much improved squad to CH. GP flatters to deceive with possession stats!

Points ? Goals scored? Goals conceded ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Disappointed but not surprised at how entitled some Albion fans have become.

Comparing the absolute shit fest under latter day Hughton to how we play now as being similar? FFS

It may have escaped many on here but even though we are are in a shit run at the moment we look like we belong at this level, we looked Sunday League by the time CH got sacked.

**** thread but no surprise given the constant negative shit from the thread starter about just about everything in his life.

Sorry, but we've now played 14 at home this season and scored 10 times. We've lost 5 on the trot for the first time in our Premier League history. Our sideways passing sends people to sleep and allows teams like Liverpool to press us and teams like Burnley to hit us on the break. We played some VERY nice stuff in lockdown, to little effect, but I'll grant you it was good to watch. This season? Not so much.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Understand that you are a Potter fan boy, but the truth Is his 3 seasons will see no improvement in league position than CH and he has a much improved squad to CH. GP flatters to deceive with possession stats!

i know we've all done it a million times before, but i couldn't see how ch could improve the team. it seems everybody can see that gp reqiures an ivan toney type, and we may well finish 10th

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Springal called it correctly in my book. Available budget plays a MASSIVE part in what happens. We are one of the poorer clubs financially and finishing mid-table would be a great achievement - I know that now looks less likely but that is our level at best. I know it’s not romantic and the football at the moment is not fun but where we are is entirely realistic.

Hence the question posed in #1.

Is this it?

Irrespective of who comes in are they always going to be a variation of the original Premier League manager, because thems the cards theys dealt.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry, but we've now played 14 at home this season and scored 10 times. We've lost 5 on the trot for the first time in our Premier League history. Our sideways passing sends people to sleep and allows teams like Liverpool to press us and teams like Burnley to hit us on the break. We played some VERY nice stuff in lockdown, to little effect, but I'll grant you it was good to watch. This season? Not so much.

Fair enough but it is nowhere near as SHIT as latter day CH, so it’s a wanky comparison

I know you are anti Potter but **** me get a grip this not even close to being as shit

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Points ? Goals scored? Goals conceded ?

Goals scored is actually very similar between Potter and Hughton. Hughton has a higher goals conceded ratio but not helped by his second season nightmare.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
i know we've all done it a million times before, but i couldn't see how ch could improve the team. it seems everybody can see that gp reqiures an ivan toney type, and we may well finish 10th

Pretty sure we were saying much the same about CH.

GPott gets sicknotes
CH got djs and psychos.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

Wouldn't disagree but to only have 2 teams who have scored less this season than us (Norwich and Burnley - currently in the bottom three), and be where we are is a bit of a miracle in itself.

How we can score so few goals yet be 13th is actually quite an achievement in my book. Surely this summer we have to finally spend big on the Elephant in the room?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here