Is Mo Farah a Drug Cheat?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
We are not finishing Mo. He is finishing himself at the moment. Salazar is the man under suspicion. Mo can get himself a new untainted trainer that does not have drugs links. Problem solved.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
They would be. He would've been tested within a couple of days (minimum) of him missing the others. Complete non story for those of us involved in athletics and know how the system works.

Yes but I am not involved in athletics and do not know how the system works like someone in Mo's position.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Cyclist facing a ban for just being late for a drug test, with extenuating circumstances. http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/racing/giro-ditalia/iam-cycling-rider-fearful-over-missed-doping-test-at-giro-ditalia-173177

Mo, misses two tests entirely, nothing happens. I love following a sport with a drug problem.

It is Mo's responsibility to be available for drugs tests. Not hearing the door bell is an excuse a teenager would use. UK anti doping rightly rejected his complaint.

I would be genuinely interested to know just how their arrival at an address occurs. I presume they don't turn up in a massive white van with "UK DRUG TESTING" emblazoned on the side. So either they give some advance notice of the test (in which case couldn't the same masking procedures occur that you mentioned in your other post) or he noticed that the person at the door was a tester - somehow - and deliberately ignored it (which would be damning). Or he didn't hear his door bell as he said. Anyway, the way to restore his reputation is in the post below.

We are not finishing Mo. He is finishing himself at the moment. Salazar is the man under suspicion. Mo can get himself a new untainted trainer that does not have drugs links. Problem solved.

Absolutely, Change coach and training partners. Now.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I would be genuinely interested to know just how their arrival at an address occurs. I presume they don't turn up in a massive white van with "UK DRUG TESTING" emblazoned on the side. So either they give some advance notice of the test (in which case couldn't the same masking procedures occur that you mentioned in your other post) or he noticed that the person at the door was a tester - somehow - and deliberately ignored it (which would be damning). Or he didn't hear his door bell as he said.

My understanding is that all athletes have to supply their whereabouts to the relevant authorities at all times and they can be tested without notice whenever the testers want. This is what Christine Ohuruogu fell foul of if I remember correctly, she did not keep her whereabouts up to date, so missed three(?) tests. So covering your tracks prior to the test is more difficult. UKAD did not accept the doorbell excuse, so I do not think we should either.

Guinness Boy said:

As you say. He should have done this straight away, but like Lance Armstrong, Justin Gatlin, Marion Jones, etc etc he has not done so yet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mo has left himself wide open to this criticism, he can then complain when it arrives.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I would be genuinely interested to know just how their arrival at an address occurs. I presume they don't turn up in a massive white van with "UK DRUG TESTING" emblazoned on the side. So either they give some advance notice of the test (in which case couldn't the same masking procedures occur that you mentioned in your other post) or he noticed that the person at the door was a tester - somehow - and deliberately ignored it (which would be damning). Or he didn't hear his door bell as he said. Anyway, the way to restore his reputation is in the post below.

They come tearing round the corner in a transit like rik mayall's SAS in whoops apocalypse and all jump out in lab coats grabbing anyone and plunging needles in to them, bystanders, cats and dogs, the works

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
They would be. He would've been tested within a couple of days (minimum) of him missing the others. Complete non story for those of us involved in athletics and know how the system works.

Are UKAD independent of UKA? It looks to me that UKA are embroiled in the Salazar accusations as much as Mo. Salazar was/is one of their consultants. It seems they are covering up something to me. They must have known about his training methods and recommended use of cytomel for non existent thyroid problems for his athletes, for example.

AgerBomb22

Jun 2, 2011
Chi Town/Burgess Hill
Missing a drugs test is not doping. anyway he would have been drug tested so many times since his Olympic wins and if something had showed up it would have been news.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Missing a drugs test is not doping. anyway he would have been drug tested so many times since his Olympic wins and if something had showed up it would have been news.
Whooooossshhhhhhh.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Whooooossshhhhhhh.

:lolol:

I'm sure I have read a defence along those lines somewhere before. Actually, these days, in many sports missing a drugs test is doping, as far as the governing bodies are concerned.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lolol:

I'm sure I have read a defence along those lines somewhere before. Actually, these days, in many sports missing a drugs test is doping, as far as the governing bodies are concerned.

I'm assuming it's 'he's British so he doesn't cheat'.
I could also understand some reactions if this was all new.

But it's not, this has all played out within the last 5 years, on a global scale.
For all I know those that are blindly defending Mo threw rocks at Lance and ALL cyclists.

Of course Mo is currently innocent of all charges, and I really hope he stays that way.
But there's so much fact available identical to Lance it should be impossible to have blind faith.

The level of naivety being shown makes me want to open a magic bean emporium.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009

But it's not, this has all played out within the last 5 years, on a global scale.
For all I know those that are blindly defending Mo threw rocks at Lance and ALL cyclists.

Of course Mo is currently innocent of all charges, and I really hope he stays that way.
But there's so much fact available identical to Lance it should be impossible to have blind faith.

What I don't get about that aphorism is that the magic beans actually worked in Jack and the beanstalk. Always find myself somewhat bemused with that.

The same tired old defence being trotted out which has becomes tiresome. Lance, Balco Labs etc all went down this route yet still got caught out in the end. Hope this is all a big misunderstanding but experience tells me that once the coaches reputation is shattered it's only a matter of time before it all unravels.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Yeah but people that go for a run don't think they're Mo, every one of you cyclists actually think you're Lance!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What I don't get about that aphorism is that the magic beans actually worked in Jack and the beanstalk. Always find myself somewhat bemused with that.

The same tired old defence being trotted out which has becomes tiresome. Lance, Balco Labs etc all went down this route yet still got caught out in the end. Hope this is all a big misunderstanding but experience tells me that once the coaches reputation is shattered it's only a matter of time before it all unravels.
Spot on.

Can't argue with any of that.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yeah but people that go for a run don't think they're Mo, every one of you cyclists actually think you're Lance!

I think I am Mo and on a good day feel I finish a race like Mo. In fact my friends have said it. Only difference is I admit to a drug taking past. Unfortunately, it was more of Power Debilitating Drug rather than PED. Since giving up the weed my running has blossomed, man!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I think I am Mo and on a good day feel I finish a race like Mo. In fact my friends have said it. Only difference is I admit to a drug taking past. Unfortunately, it was more of Power Debilitating Drug rather than PED. Since giving up the weed my running has blossomed, man!

I feel you blood!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports