Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Mo Farah a Drug Cheat?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Its a very fine line between what is considered legal and what is illegal, supplement or drug use? I think sports fans and journalists are pretty niaive if they feel that most top athletes are not close to the line on what they take. Again, I find it rather churlish to hear from athletes who have finished their careers casting aspertions on those who won races three, four and five years ago, I didn't hear their voices then, when they also would have been up for testing.
Drug use is world wide, in most walks of life I am sure, from athletes, to politicians, MPs, to truck drivers. I'll not be surprised at any revelations, but lets make them contemporary!!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Raheem Sterling is left out of an England squad because he is said to be too tired to play by Hodgson.

Mo Farrah pulls out on the morning of a sold out event because he says is too emontional after a tough week to do a four laps of the track.

One is a national hero. One is a pathetic money grabbing git.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Just let them all take whatever they like.

It's their bodies/lives they are wrecking.

No, it isn't. It's the lives of the kids who deserve the place in the team that dopers take. It's the lives of the clean athlete what just misses out on qualification for the final, or doesn't get the sponsorship deal because someone else was 'better' than them. It's the 4th place athlete who doesn't get the medal.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
They should have a steroid Olympics where the athletes can take what they want and push the boundaries of what the human body can do with assistance. I think it would be great to see the 100m in under 5 seconds.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
They should have a steroid Olympics where the athletes can take what they want and push the boundaries of what the human body can do with assistance. I think it would be great to see the 100m in under 5 seconds.

Isn't that what thw Worls's Strongest Man is? Add those events to the Olympics.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
When Mo joined up with Salazar I raised an eyebrow because of Salazars involvement with the banned athlete Mary Decker/Slaney.In Mos defence he did raise his training considerably and could account for his improvement.Hope he is innocent but sadly it does raise doubts.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
When Mo joined up with Salazar I raised an eyebrow because of Salazars involvement with the banned athlete Mary Decker/Slaney.In Mos defence he did raise his training considerably and could account for his improvement.Hope he is innocent but sadly it does raise doubts.

I remember when he went to Kenya to train and thought that he would train like they did. He thought he would get on the track before them and got down there for 7. The Kenyans were just leaving after having completed their first training session of the day. That day changed him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As I said earlier in the thread, Mo has done nothing to distance himself from the rumours.
If anything he has actively put himself in a position to be questioned.

For him to now say 'why are you questioning me'? is frankly ridiculous.

If he didn't want to be be doubted he should have signed onto a squeaky clean, no nonsense coach.
Distanced himself, in every sense of the word, from PED haven Kenya.
Called for proper testing.
Called out those that are cheating.

Mo & Usain have basically followed, verbatim, the 'How To Win' textbook written by Mr L Armstrong.
You can't do that and not expect people to say 'hang on a minute. We've seen all this before'.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Probably already the case. With the exception of Donovan Bailey and Bolt, every Olympic 100m champion since 1980 has tested positive for a banned substance during their career. And even Allan Wells' win in 1980 seems to be under suspicion.

Unfortunately, it seems more likely that Bailey and Bolt just haven't been caught than that they're clean.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Why do athletes get a such a short ban after being caught? Justin Gattlin has been caught twice but is still running exceptional times and earning big bucks. The penalties should be more stringent.....and they should be.....
1) Five year ban for first offence. Lifetime ban for second offence.
2) All times expunged from records.
3) Stripped of all medals.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Probably already the case. With the exception of Donovan Bailey and Bolt, every Olympic 100m champion since 1980 has tested positive for a banned substance during their career. And even Allan Wells' win in 1980 seems to be under suspicion.

Unfortunately, it seems more likely that Bailey and Bolt just haven't been caught than that they're clean.

I guess in most cases it's hard to ban specific drugs until after they have been used and a system has been designed to detect them. There will always be the next wonder drug followed by the ability to then detect it. Science v science.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here