Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Mo Farah a Drug Cheat?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Great Britain's Mo Farah missed two drugs tests before he went on to become a double gold medallist at the 2012 Olympics, a newspaper has claimed.

According to the Daily Mail,*Farah's first missed test appears to have been in early 2010, months before he joined Alberto Salazar's Nike Oregon Project.

The Mail says the second one came at Farah's home in February 2011, when he claimed not to have heard the doorbell.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just really hope he isn't.
As much as I'd love to be wrong, if I were you I wouldn't be going 'all in' on clean.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The Guardian has contacted the UK anti doping agency and Mo's agent about the email exchange between them that The Daily Mail has read. both denied to comment. This is not a Right wing Nazi attack. the Mail just happened to get the email.

I would be interested to know when Mo Farah was tested and given the all clear. After missing two tests we must assume UKAD were on his case......or were they?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I missed the doorbell the other week. Does that make me a drug cheat?

Cyclist facing a ban for just being late for a drug test, with extenuating circumstances. http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/racing/giro-ditalia/iam-cycling-rider-fearful-over-missed-doping-test-at-giro-ditalia-173177

Mo, misses two tests entirely, nothing happens. I love following a sport with a drug problem.

It is Mo's responsibility to be available for drugs tests. Not hearing the door bell is an excuse a teenager would use. UK anti doping rightly rejected his complaint.

Yoda

English & European
I would be interested to know when Mo Farah was tested and given the all clear. After missing two tests we must assume UKAD were on his case......or were they?

They would be. He would've been tested within a couple of days (minimum) of him missing the others. Complete non story for those of us involved in athletics and know how the system works.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Cyclist facing a ban for just being late for a drug test, with extenuating circumstances. http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/racing/giro-ditalia/iam-cycling-rider-fearful-over-missed-doping-test-at-giro-ditalia-173177

Mo, misses two tests entirely, nothing happens. I love following a sport with a drug problem.

It is Mo's responsibility to be available for drugs tests. Not hearing the door bell is an excuse a teenager would use. UK anti doping rightly rejected his complaint.

They would be. He would've been tested within a couple of days (minimum) of him missing the others. Complete non story for those of us involved in athletics and know how the system works.

You'd have thought so, wouldn't you.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Didn't Rio Ferdinand miss a drugs test and he was banned for about 8 months? I remember him missing a major international competition because of it too?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
You'd have thought so, wouldn't you.

A couple of days afterwards. Enough time for masking agents to be used. Enough time to bring your haemotocrit level down. Enough time for some illegal substances to be out of your system. Sure, that is fine. I am not saying he is a cheat but as Stat Brother says, this looks an awful lot like something we have seen before.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
finish-him-header.gif

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Didn't Rio Ferdinand miss a drugs test and he was banned for about 8 months? I remember him missing a major international competition because of it too?

Yes, though he should have been banned for minimum two years. Probably four. Most other sports (well not Tennis, any American Sport, Golf or Football) would ban for that long for the same offense. He did not miss the test, he deliberately left the training ground when the testers were there. A much more serious allegation, imo.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I really hope that Mo hasn't used drugs to enhance his performance because I really like the way he comes across in the media and on TV. He really does come across as an all round nice guy

If he has taken them though, it makes a mockery of the companies which jumped on the bandwagon and signed evey London Olympics Gold Medal Winner. They are making millions endorsing everything from dog food to Fast Cars, so it would send the message that its OK to do it and make a fast buck

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Bet the bloke who had to paint Mo's local post box gold isn't happy.

:rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here