Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Kuszczak the greatest goalkeeper BHAFC have ever had ?

Is Kuszczak BHAFS's greatest ever goalkeeper ?

• Yes

Votes: 128 77.6%
  • Fence

Votes: 20 12.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • No - an alternative suggestion

Votes: 6 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Yes by a mile especially with the standard of football now being played in this diversion.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Best shot stopper - yes (and I go back a long way)

Best at commanding his box - no (Grummitt Steele and Beeney, maybe even Powney and Sidebottom, were better. But the game ( and the ball they use which moves more in the air) has changed so more than any position on the pitch it is difficult if not impossible to compare.

Most pleasingly nobody has suggested the former Dutch marine! How far have we moved on!?

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Graham Moseley played consistently for the Albion in the top flight for the best part of 4 seasons, sometimes ousted by Perry Digweed. TK has not played for us at this level ... yet! Very hard to compare but Moseley must be a contender. Also he played 189 games for us while TK has played only 32.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I suppose Eric Gill, (50's and 60's) was one of the best as he had 247 consecutive appearences! But I agree that Big Tommo has to technically the best I've seen in nearly 60 years of watching.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Grummit was good although I'm recalling just from memory. Eric Steele is goalkeeper coach at Man Utd, a job you don't get if you're rubbish. Memories of Eric doing his Groucho Marx impression when walking to the goal. But Kuszczak has pulled off some great saves so yes, among the best.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Hard to compare to Peter Grummitt of the mid 1970's.
He'd been a top keeper, and at the time (as a lad watching) seemed perfect playing for us. Virtually no footage.

Kuzschak is near perfect. His kicking distribution to the wings - they keep disappearing out of the play to the left & he holds his head in his hands.

If I remember rightly, Grummitt always used to slice his drop kicks out towards the left touchline by the halfway line!

Although if you think about it this is probably close to the best ever team - even 78-83 other than ward, lawrenson and case.

No Horton!

Can only speak for era I remember but born in 1983 and would say in those 30 years YES

You remember Brighton Goalies from when you were a baby?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think Peter Grummitt just edges it, but it's extremely close.

Agree Grummit was brilliant but the PIG is maybe moving ahead now. I want to come back for the definitive answer at the end of his 2nd season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd try to be witty and think of an opposition keeper who did us a favour by dropping an absolute clanger against us, but I can't think of any. Can anyone else remember an absolute BLOOPER from an opposition keeper?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Grummit was good although I'm recalling just from memory. Eric Steele is goalkeeper coach at Man Utd, a job you don't get if you're rubbish. Memories of Eric doing his Groucho Marx impression when walking to the goal. But Kuszczak has pulled off some great saves so yes, among the best.

I rated Eric Steele above Moseley. Wonderful keeper. Shame he fell out with Mullery.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The best Brighton team ever has surely got to be the one that finished 13th in the old division one, has it not??? And there were 22 teams in it, not 20. But then todays team has to be better, because that team was based on a solid defence, being hard to beat and winning the majority of games 1-0. This was the main reason Mike Bailey was sacked, as the football was dull and boring. Funny old game, as someone once said.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'd try to be witty and think of an opposition keeper who did us a favour by dropping an absolute clanger against us, but I can't think of any. Can anyone else remember an absolute BLOOPER from an opposition keeper?

Peter Fox in goal for Stoke back in..... Seem to remember he palmed a cross into the goal rather than over the bar, south end at the Goldstone!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I think Graham Mosely was better. I know memory can play tricks, but I remember him as being very consistant and not prone to making howlers.

PIG is obviously a fantastic Keeper, and his current form is outstanding, but he had a really dodgy period a few weeks ago.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Geoff Sidebottom was probably the best I can remember in 50 years. Let's judge Kuszczak when he's played a season or two. On the form shown in the last couple of games, he's in with a shout.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Hard to compare to Peter Grummitt of the mid 1970's.
He'd been a top keeper, and at the time (as a lad watching) seemed perfect playing for us. Virtually no footage.

Kuzschak is near perfect. His kicking distribution to the wings - they keep disappearing out of the play to the left & he holds his head in his hands.

I just just remember Grummitt playing for us,cool keeper no ranting or raving just did his job and did it well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here