Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Kuszczak the greatest goalkeeper BHAFC have ever had ?

Is Kuszczak BHAFS's greatest ever goalkeeper ?

• Yes

Votes: 128 77.6%
  • Fence

Votes: 20 12.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • No - an alternative suggestion

Votes: 6 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is Kuszczak the greatest goalkeeper BHAFC have ever had ?

For me after supporting BHAFC for 40 years is it a resounding YES. I cannot think of anyone ever better.

What is the verdict ?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Over the past 25 years I've been lucky to see John keeley, mark beeney, Michael kuipers and Ben Roberts. Kusczak is right up there with the best and may just shade it.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I've not been watching them for the last 112 years to know. But in my life time of supporting the Albion, he is the best.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have seen Powney, Grummitt, Moseley, Steele, Digweed, Beeney, Rust and others and Kuszczak is at a whole different level for me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hard to compare to Peter Grummitt of the mid 1970's.
He'd been a top keeper, and at the time (as a lad watching) seemed perfect playing for us. Virtually no footage.

Kuzschak is near perfect. His kicking distribution to the wings - they keep disappearing out of the play to the left & he holds his head in his hands.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I've not been watching them for the last 12 years to know. But in my life time of supporting the Albion, he is the best.

I've not been watching them for the last 12 years to know. But in my life time of supporting the Albion, he is the best

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Got to be up there. Last two games he has been outstanding. Few dodgy moments in a few games. But pound for pound right up there. I been going since the late 70's and my top four would be Corrigan, Beeney, Roberts and Kuszczak(thought Beasant was quality as well). Wouldn't put Kuszczak on top of that list just yet on the back of two fantastic performances but he could well be top of the list soon.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Possibly, BUT this year we've had is Kuszczac best goalie ever, is Bridcutt best holding midfielder ever and is Vicente the best player ever ? I may have missed some other best player ever threads. Calm down people.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Slight error on the spelling, sorry.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The save today was World Class, again.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
This is the strongest Brighton team I have ever seen and quite possibly we have four players who could make our all time X1 in kusczak, bridge, bridcutt and Vicente. If Ulloa and CMS can hit form between now and the end of the season I'm certain we will go up as the rest of the side is performing brilliantly.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hard to compare to Peter Grummitt of the mid 1970's.
He'd been a top keeper, and at the time (as a lad watching) seemed perfect playing for us. Virtually no footage.

Kuzschak is near perfect. His kicking distribution to the wings - they keep disappearing out of the play to the left & he holds his head in his hands.

In those days goalkeepers used to mature and get better with age. I remember football fans around the country being amazed how good Mervyn Day was as he was half the age of his peers. Powney and Grummitt were both oldies.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
I would say so, yes - with the possible exception of Corrigan who was well past his best by the time he arrived. In my 30 years supporting the Albion, I would rank the main ones as follows (in order of class rather than popularity):

Kuszczak
Roberts
Keeley
Beeney
Kuipers
Moseley
Digweed
Henderson
Ormerod
Rust
Walton

Not a lot to choose between some of these.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here