Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Kuszczak the greatest goalkeeper BHAFC have ever had ?

Is Kuszczak BHAFS's greatest ever goalkeeper ?

• Yes

Votes: 128 77.6%
  • Fence

Votes: 20 12.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • No - an alternative suggestion

Votes: 6 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Sorry as I previously posted on this subject on another thread.

Despite what has been said by some on NSC concerning his long distribution, he is undoubtedly the finest keeper ever to have turned out for the Albion.

Given the choice I would settle for the shot stopper, cross catcher, over the 'what is it' some others might prefer.

Well done Tamas, keep up the good work !

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Possibly, BUT this year we've had is Kuszczac best goalie ever, is Bridcutt best holding midfielder ever and is Vicente the best player ever ? I may have missed some other best player ever threads. Calm down people.

It would be interesting to hear you dismiss those three arguments given:

- the posts in this thread about kuszcak from those that have seen so many of his peers (I go back as far as Mosley and digweed and it's a yes from me too)

- the consensus on Vicente. If you assume we're talking greatest talent and achievements in the game there is probably only Lawro, Brady, Gotsmanov and Worthington to rival him.

- the ability and potentual of Bridcutt in one of our best ever teams. He has more rivals in Case, Horton, Wilson etc than the other two but he is easily the best in the last twenty years, a footballing lifetime for many.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
It's not often a keeper gets a standing ovation after a save virtually the whole of the west upper was on it's feet as if we'd scored a goal a magical Amex moment

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Possibly, BUT this year we've had is Kuszczac best goalie ever, is Bridcutt best holding midfielder ever and is Vicente the best player ever ? I may have missed some other best player ever threads. Calm down people.

It would be interesting to hear you dismiss those three arguments given:

- the posts in this thread about kuszcak from those that have seen so many of his peers (I go back as far as Mosley and digweed and it's a yes from me too)

- the consensus on Vicente. If you assume we're talking greatest talent and achievements in the game there is probably only Lawro, Brady, Gotsmanov and Worthington to rival him.

- the ability and potentual of Bridcutt in one of our best ever teams. He has more rivals in Case, Horton, Wilson etc than the other two but he is easily the best in the last twenty years, a footballing lifetime for many.

Oh, and just to piss you off even more I'd also add that Bridge is rapidly becoming the best left back I have ever seen at the club.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I think Peter Grummitt just edges it, but it's extremely close.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Yes definitely but is hard to compare, players are more professional compared to the old days ,fitter better coaching etc but I honestly believe we've got the best squad in the championship when all fully fit, but back to keepers I always remember Peter Grummits save against Ipswich in the league cup at the goldstone unbelievable

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Although if you think about it this is probably close to the best ever team - even 78-83 other than ward, lawrenson and case.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Oh, and just to piss you off even more I'd also add that Bridge is rapidly becoming the best left back I have ever seen at the club.

I agree with that. Said just the same to my brother in the car on the way home. Absolutely love watching Bridge. And he's extremely consistent.

Jimmy Grimble

Since the turn of the millennium (when I've been able to watch the Albion and make valid judgements), yes.

Love him!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Fence for me till at least a couple of seasons are under his belt.

Agreed. Very hard to say if he's better than Moseley, Roberts and Steele. Far better than Corrigan (during his time at BHA). Showing his best form and almost single handed lay turning what would have been drawn games earlier this season in to wins.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Best Keeper.... Kuszczak
Peviously...... Grummitt
Popularity wise.... Eric Steele

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here