• Start date

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is Keir credible?

Two political writers talking on PM yesterday, one from The Spectator (!) agreed that after his conference performance yesterday, he is!

Who'd have thunk it, eh?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree with you.

My reading of her remark was 'Why would a black person go to somewhere like Eton, a place for for the establishment elite, which you wouldn't expect a black person to do ?' rather than suggesting he is any way inferior and incapable. Thus it ceases to become a racist remark and more one about a derision of the elite public school system and somehow suggesting he is eroding the principles a black person should have concerning them.

David Lammy's muted response seems to endorse that. Although it is still too much of a cultural generalisation that doesn't fit.

Yes. Crass. She has made a grovelling personal apology to Kwarteng, which is nice.

I would imagine that plenty will argue with your assessment that it wasn't racist however. Why is it not the case that if you make derogatory comments about people based on their race, which is what she did, it isn't racist, regardless of whether the object of the comment is the same race as yourself? I am equivocal about this, but I am certainly not sufficiently motivated to argue with anyone who suggests she was being racist. She will just have to suck it up.

Anyway, she was suspended so fast the blood would have rushed out of her face due to the G force, and her political ambitions will have to be put on ice for a suitable period, which is appropriate.

All in all, nothing to tarnish the current shine on Sir Kier.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
People will believe it. People will still believe they were not tricked by his ilk 6 years ago and on we will go.

Of course. There even remains on NSC someone who will doubtless be along in a minute to applaud it, I'm sure. Probably by giving me an 'ironic' thumbs up.

:mad::drool:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Please don't :eek:

Where to even start with that?

I couldn't make it past the headline, to be honest. Which goes against pretty much everything a headline is meant to do!

funny thing is its classic clickbait title, the article barely mentions Labour. maybe worth a pass over to know some of the thinking, whether agree or not.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes. Crass. She has made a grovelling personal apology to Kwarteng, which is nice.

I would imagine that plenty will argue with your assessment that it wasn't racist however. Why is it not the case that if you make derogatory comments about people based on their race, which is what she did, it isn't racist, regardless of whether the object of the comment is the same race as yourself? I am equivocal about this, but I am certainly not sufficiently motivated to argue with anyone who suggests she was being racist. She will just have to suck it up.

Anyway, she was suspended so fast the blood would have rushed out of her face due to the G force, and her political ambitions will have to be put on ice for a suitable period, which is appropriate.

All in all, nothing to tarnish the current shine on Sir Kier.

Yeah, it was racist. Any defence on here is just mealy mouthed.
The only relevance is the unequivocal removal of her from her position. Another good decision by Starmer.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Yes, it's enforcing a constrictive cultural stereo-type. It's a shame when folk do that. It's like the phrase 'choc-ice' but in reverse.

It's not racist, as some are stirring it up to be, but it is pigeon-holing what is expected of character.

What she has done is open up the possibility of quality discourse on the whole subject matter. But I suspect that folk will just prefer point scoring and mud-slinging. It's much easier.

It certainly was racist, Starmer said so this morning - he was right.

Really pleased that he acted so fast.

Get the likes of her, Zarah Sultana, Lloyd Russell-Moyle out of the Party, get more in like Peter Kyle and Labour will win a huge majority in 2024

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Unfortunately there appears to be a big issue in Labour under Keir - a hierarchy of racism with black and brown people at the very bottom.

And no large paper or outlets have picked it up - Shameful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-cHBQf5z_M

Please don't post this crap again. You started a thread on it the other day. It's just a load old bollocks planted on Al Jazeera to undermine the labour party.

It was mentioned on the radio yesterday by one of the militant fringe, and is part of a conspiracy (so far largely ignored) to bring back Corbyn.

You won't win.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Please don't post this crap again. You started a thread on it the other day. It's just a load old bollocks planted on Al Jazeera to undermine the labour party.

It was mentioned on the radio yesterday by one of the militant fringe, and is part of a conspiracy (so far largely ignored) to bring back Corbyn.

You won't win.

In the documentary it has direct evidence of black and brown Labour members who were monitored, abused and sidelined. If thats ok with you then you should perhaps reflect on your values.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
funny thing is its classic clickbait title, the article barely mentions Labour. maybe worth a pass over to know some of the thinking, whether agree or not.

True, but normally when you've clicked you read more than the headline!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In the documentary it has direct evidence of black and brown Labour members who were monitored, abused and sidelined. If thats ok with you then you should perhaps reflect on your values.

I'm putting you on ignore. You're either SWP or a right wing troll. Or a gullible idiot..

There is no evidence of anything bad about the labour party in that poorly cobbled together load of rubbish. Most of it is ranting about 'evil' Israel, weirdly coupled with the seven clips they found of Corbyn condemning antisemitism (ignoring the hundreds of his mealy-mouthed clips where he refused to do so - part of the reason Starmer suspended him).

Ta ra.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Have NEVER voted Tory in my life, never will.

Used to hear that all the time from Baker Lite and then his twitter timeline would be full of him discussing the Tory leadership and favouring (initially) Mourdant.

Might be different for you but the online character "Is it PotG?" comes over as an arch Tory to be honest. If it's just Labour hating that would be approximately the same as someone joining NSC just to post anti-Palace stuff on threads about them up the road. Popular with a small crowd, but, ultimately, completely pointless.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
I'm putting you on ignore. You're either SWP or a right wing troll. Or a gullible idiot..

There is no evidence of anything bad about the labour party in that poorly cobbled together load of rubbish. Most of it is ranting about 'evil' Israel, weirdly coupled with the seven clips they found of Corbyn condemning antisemitism (ignoring the hundreds of his mealy-mouthed clips where he refused to do so - part of the reason Starmer suspended him).

Ta ra.

This third episode is nothing to do with Israel. There are some dense posts on this forum but you really do stand out for lack of a considered response.

Just say you dont care about brown/black people and be done with it. You dont have to obfuscate just because you cant refute the evidence provided.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here