Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it now all about Spurs ?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Unfortunately their game against us is 10 days before the FA cup, and longer before the CL final.
If they’ve got the League won by then they’ll have at least one eye on the CL final (should they be in it), that is the trophy Pep and City really want. It could be like 2021 again, only this time though we are a lot better side and it wouldn’t be anywhere near the fluke it was back then.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
We are in the top seven sides in form over 2023. Unfortunately, we need to play all of the other six.

This puts into added perspective just how good Saturday's thrashing of Wolves was.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We are in the top seven sides in form over 2023. Unfortunately, we need to play all of the other six.

Bring it on... arsenal have lost confidence; united's away form is poor; villa have dropped points recently and had a very kind run of games up to Brentford; ok Newcastle and City will obviously be very tough the way they're playing but you never know and we don't need to win all our games anyway. Looks like the Everton and Saints games are very important in terms of picking up wins though!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Need 9 points for 7th, and probably 10 for 6th unless wolves get up for their derby v villa and can avoid defeat then we would need 59 points, draw v Man U, win against Everton and soton.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bring it on... arsenal have lost confidence; united's away form is poor; villa have dropped points recently and had a very kind run of games up to Brentford; ok Newcastle and City will obviously be very tough the way they're playing but you never know and we don't need to win all our games anyway. Looks like the Everton and Saints games are very important in terms of picking up wins though!
Man u's away record is almost identical to ours sadly !!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If they’ve got the League won by then they’ll have at least one eye on the CL final (should they be in it), that is the trophy Pep and City really want.

But the final is over 2 weeks after our game so I can't see it distracting them. Players will need to perform if they want to get selected for the final. But I hope you're right.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
But the final is over 2 weeks after our game so I can't see it distracting them. Players will need to perform if they want to get selected for the final. But I hope you're right.
But as we saw in 2021 they took their eye off the ball against us as the title was sewn up and they had the CL final in a couple of weeks.

This time they’ve potentially got two finals after they’ve played us, and as I keep saying the CL is the one they really want. If they get distracted again then there is no worse side for them to play than RDZs Brighton.

I’m not saying it’s going to happen, but we’ve never been better placed to go into a game with City and have a genuine chance of getting something out of it. They’ll need to be on it and any slight distraction for them is only going to play further into our hands.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But as we saw in 2021 they took their eye off the ball against us as the title was sewn up and they had the CL final in a couple of weeks.

Isn't that the game when they went 2-0 up, where we only got back into it after they had a man sent off?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Isn't that the game when they went 2-0 up, where we only got back into it after they had a man sent off?
Their player was sent off after 10 mins with the score at 0-1. They went 2 up and thought the job was done, they weren’t up for the fight, as shown by their moaning that we didn’t show them any respect because we were aggressive in the second half. We weren’t overly aggressive in that game at all. They took their eye off the ball and thought they could cruise through at 0-2 even with 10 men and expected little old Brighton to doff our caps and thank them for a footballing lesson.

They can’t afford to do that against this Brighton team.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Any one see Paul Merson (I think it was him) Soccer Saturday talking about the Man City run in. "They can lose one game and still win the title and they have to go to Brighton". He spoke of no other team other than Brighton for the City defeat and kept repeating it.
My thoughts are we will lose three games but finish on 61 points and 6th on GD when Villa Spurs draw on the 13th May.
Run in from Monday 1st May.
Villa. Wolves (A) Spurs (H) Liverpool (A) Brighton (H). 9 points if they beat us beat us & Spurs. 63 total
Spurs. Palace (H) Villa (A) Brentford (H) Leeds (A). 9 points (lose to Villa) 63 total
Brighton. Man Utd (H) win. Everton (H) win. Arsenal (A) Newcastle (A) both lose. Saints (H) win. Man City (H) lose. Villa (A) lose. 61 total and 2 short.
In reality we need one more win from the three games against teams above us. OR if Spurs Villa DRAW against each other we can all be on 61 points and our GD is much better.
Incidently, Liverpool have a very easy run-in and should pick up 15 points from 5 games. 71 total.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Today - it is indeed all about Spurs.

Come on Brentford.

I have this horrible fear that Spurs will win today, we'll win tomorrow - then next week we'll draw with Villa, and they beat Leeds. A point behind them - when we should be unreachable already if it hadn't been for 'that game'. But I hope not.

Come on Brentford.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
The good thing for us is Brentford still have a mathematical chance of Europe themselves so expect them to go all out for 3pts today

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here