Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it now all about Spurs ?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
How has it come to pass that we have a quarter of our season still to play, basically in one month?

* I know the answer of course. But it's just staggering.
This topic should have a thread all of its own.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Surely at some point Villa will run out of steam? I know people will say the same about us, but our whole team seem on fire whereas they are relying on a couple of key players (notably Watkins), and if he suddenly loses form or gets an injury they'll start to struggle again.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
With the form that Villa are in and Liverpool now picking up points, should our focus now be on finishing above Spurs first and foremost to secure a Europa Conference place, and anything better is a bonus ? I know we have games in hand of everyone but let’s be real, those games are against Man U, Newcastle and Citeh. Is a realistic haul from those 3 games 3 points ?

Spurs have got 6 games left which includes playing Man U, Liverpool, Villa & Brentford and away at Leeds last game won’t be straightforward if Leeds need a result to stay up
I always find it odd when we consider that the games in hand are the ones that were postponed and so on - as if every other 'planned' week is a level playing field! It's surely the sum of the games left that are important. For instance - Villa have Man U / Wolves - we have Wolves / Man U (different home and away) - so roughly the same. They have Liverpool A - comparable to, say, Newcastle A? They have Spurs H, comparable to, say Forest A (the way things are going for Spurs!). Which could mean in effect that our games in hand are Southampton H, Everton H, Arsenal A, Man City H. If all the other games end with similar results for us & Villa, we have a very good chance of picking up 6 points more than them.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’ve had shits bounce higher than Ryan Mason’s new manager impact so far! :lolol:
Before Potter’s beardy glow up he genuinely looked like a PE teacher who was here on a ground tour.

Ryan Mason makes early Potter look like Mourinho. I’ve seen schoolboys with more gravitas

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The shitter they are, the worse the burglary we faced becomes

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I hope to finish above spuds. Just because they're shithouse scumbbags
I expect to finish below Liverpool . . . But it would be harsh. Give we've owned them this season.

Villa . . . . Anti football grease stain where you least want one. Shooting way above their weight thanks to a win at any cost manager.

I will be mightily peeved if we finish below a bunch of cheats, but not in the slightest bit surprised.

Oilyragtoon can't implode can they? Would be funny though.

It'll end up a shiity-arse-manure-tune, with a scouse soundtrack . . . Hopefully seagulls squawking in the background. The rest hanging about under the pier.

I digress, Spurs? Fighting for 8th with the other greasy cheats, Villa.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
With the form that Villa are in and Liverpool now picking up points, should our focus now be on finishing above Spurs first and foremost to secure a Europa Conference place, and anything better is a bonus ? I know we have games in hand of everyone but let’s be real, those games are against Man U, Newcastle and Citeh. Is a realistic haul from those 3 games 3 points ?

Spurs have got 6 games left which includes playing Man U, Liverpool, Villa & Brentford and away at Leeds last game won’t be straightforward if Leeds need a result to stay up
Simples. Yes.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
So a win on Thursday would rightfully take us above Spurs and Villa, leaving us hoping Palace do us a favour and Wolves have a positive reaction next weekend !

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So a win on Thursday would rightfully take us above Spurs and Villa, leaving us hoping Palace do us a favour and Wolves have a positive reaction next weekend !
Definitely don’t want palace to win any game - I do want Spurs to lose Saturday though 😉

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I see Ten Hag whinging about their run in to the end of the season.
Really boils my piss when you see the squad of players he has and what we have compared to them .
Yep, moaning when they only have congestion because of the League Cup, which they won, the FA Cup, now in the final of, and Europe. I mean come on man. Still played a game more than us too ffs

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In fact if City have one eye on the FA Cup & CL Finals when they play us then we've got a very good chance of beating them
Unfortunately their game against us is 10 days before the FA cup, and longer before the CL final.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Unfortunately their game against us is 10 days before the FA cup, and longer before the CL final.
City had the league wrapped up by the time we beat them. Can see it happening again. Arsenal are collapsing and Chelsea will get something against them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No way - at this point I couldn't care less about palace - will definitely be hoping they beat spurs on Saturday as it'd massively help our cause.
Again, I hope Spurs lose. I don’t hope Palace win. 😉

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here