Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it acceptable to SPIT at other albion fans?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
It's not acceptable to spit at ANYONE. It's so f***ing cowardly - I mean we're not Italian, are we?

The c'unt who did it should have been shot at birth.

(If it happened etc)

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Has anyone else confirmed that the lad was deliberately spitting at the two? I remember sitting in front of someone once who was shouting very aggressively and unintentionally covered me and others in spit. Just before we all leap to WW defence based on some of his comments on this board how do we actually know there are not two sides to this.

That is pretty unlikely. I think that most people would be able to work out if they were being spat at or just the victim of some loose saliva.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I was sitting a couple of rows up and slightly to the right of TCB and WW.

I didn't hear any abuse. I think I know the "spitter" and he doen't use NSC very much. (checks it once a month.) Doesn't strike me as the kind of person who would spit on anybody OR the kind of person who would reconise WW or the TCB.

:shrug:

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Has anyone else confirmed that the lad was deliberately spitting at the two? I remember sitting in front of someone once who was shouting very aggressively and unintentionally covered me and others in spit. Just before we all leap to WW defence based on some of his comments on this board how do we actually know there are not two sides to this.

haha what a ridiculous thing to say.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
But given the bullshit posted by these two it would be helpful if someone could confirm the spitting incident took place and wasn't just made up to defend a grown man grabbing a youth by the throat which so far appears to be the only thing seen by an independent witness.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
That's not exactly sitting on the fence. Sorry but I am, in the words of Mr M'Choakumchild, after the facts:

'NOW, what I want is, Facts. Teach these boys and girls nothing but Facts. Facts alone are wanted in life. Plant nothing else, and root out everything else. You can only form the minds of reasoning animals upon Facts: nothing else will ever be of any service to them. This is the principle on which I bring up my own children, and this is the principle on which I bring up these children. Stick to Facts, sir!'

Do carry on.

I probably should have been clearer, i'm sitting on the fences about TCB, WW and friends reaction, rather than if the spitting is wrong.

If I was on the fence about if spitting was wrong, then yes, that isn't on the fence :lolol:

I think everyone here is able to aknowledge that spitting is wrong.

By the way, is this smilie out of order to post: :drool:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
But given the bullshit posted by these two it would be helpful if someone could confirm the spitting incident took place and wasn't just made up to defend a grown man grabbing a youth by the throat which so far appears to be the only thing seen by an independent witness.

What bullshit do they post other than reactionary comments from a game they have just seen or over the top abuse of a player they do not rate?

(Wide of the mark?) Opinions do not equate bullshit.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I should say I am basing my comments on what I know of them which is based on their posts on here. Neither, certainly WW come across as sensible individuals. So I'm not exactly convinced by this whole victim thing. But to say it one more time, spitting is always wrong.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just a thought, assuming the spitting actually happened, which is atm unproven, perhaps the said individual read ww's post of Friday evening and thought it would be a good idea to try and fill up his half empty glass? You're lucky he didn't try pissing, that may have been a more efficient method.

Bad wording round II

My fence sitting is assuming the following are true:

- There was spitting and abuse for 70 minutes of the match
- WW and TCB's mate then grabed the spitter and held him by the throat

Better?

Not really. If you assume the first point is true then you deny the validity of the other party. The second of your assumptions therefore becomes a tautology as it requires the first to be true for you to give it your acceptance (And therefore is not fence-sitting in any shape or form).

Hope that helps

Re-reading it, I'm not sure I've made myself clear but I'm tired and desperately trying to stay awake long enough for the other party to get online and join in. I might try and re-phrase my response tomorrow. Maybe not though. I think I'm boring myself here.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Not really. If you assume the first point is true then you deny the validity of the other party. The second of your assumptions therefore becomes a tautology as it requires the first to be true for you to give it your acceptance (And therefore is not fence-sitting in any shape or form).

Hope that helps

Piss off :thumbsup:

:hilton:

:drool:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I didn't see the specific incident so won't comment but spitting is fairly much the lowest of the low.

Didn't anyone think of complaining to a steward?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Me & my girlfriend were standing next to the whole incident, She saw more than me so i'll get her whole point of view tomorrow.
But at the end of the day if you're going to post negatively of the team we're all supposed to support expect to get a bit of heat for it.
And scoffing and mocking our fellow fans for chanting champions, You have to accept people are going to take exception.

Whoever spat if it were intentional it was a scuzzy thing to do. But grabbing a kid around the throat is equally as bad.
In my opinion you should've been kicked out for doing that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here