Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Hemed any good?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
But we already have 44 points at the half way point.

You are not understanding me and I haven't got the energy to explain

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
You are not understanding me and I haven't got the energy to explain

Sexy Beast on Film 4 in an hour, and if you don't fancy that one of the Bourne films is starting on one of the other channels at the same time. Get a glass of something and get on that sofa Uncs! What more could you want for Christmas beyond East 17's classic Stay Another Day playing on a loop...

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
In answer to the thread question, he's not a bad player but neither is he the striker to fire us to the Premier League. We still haven't found the answer up front and it's so frustrating that we seem to have the same conversations about our misfiring strikers every season. Last year did set a new benchmark in crapness regarding our striking options and this season despite us still not having a free scoring forward like quite a few other teams up in the top 6 we have found ourselves in a great position going into the new year. Our past record of trying to 'find value' and 'cheaper options' up front surely have to be shelved as we enter the Jan transfer window, and TB has to concede that to find a decent striker he is going to have to shell out some serious cash.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's clear that some of the Albion's supporters have really struggled with the first half of this season.

For some, losing to Ipswich will be like slipping into a warm bath with a copy of Razzle.

Who knows we might even be instructed to protest against god knows what.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I guess the question for me isn't whether he is any good - he's a professional footballer who has scored a few goals throughout his career so he's clearly got some pedigree. The questions that should be asked instead are A) is he better than what we had last season? And B) is he worthy of a place in the team ahead of the other strikers at the club at the moment?

The answers to both questions are totally subjective, but for me personally the answer is firm "no" to both. For me (Jeff), at least at the moment, I don't see what he brings to the side. At least with O'Grady and CMS their strengths were obvious, even if their weaknesses were even more glaring. With Hemed I can't work out what his strengths or weaknesses are (and I don't buy into the idea that he tries harder than CMS or O'Grady - he certainly hasn't in the games I've seen).

I guess I'd also ask a third question - C) is he suffering from a lack of confidence or service at the moment? The answer is probably "yes" to both and that's something Hughton has to look at.

Admittedly these opinions are only based on the games at the AMEX over the last two years and the games where we've been on TV as I rarely ever go to away games (like today's game).

martinrlow

May 20, 2014
I think Hemed, like a number of our squad, is a good 'championship player' and therein lies the problem, good championship players are not the stuff that promotion challenges are made of.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I can't believe what I'm reading here, it's shocking what nonsense some fans spout out. Hamed is a decent player good enough to get into most championship sides. Put simply: He has scored 6 goals, assisted 3, wins an excellent amount of aerials PG, has 3.1 shots a game and has a pass accuracy of 75%. What were you expecting for £2M? Ronaldo?

I've just read that someone thinks he's no better than O'Grady. Last season, CMS, COG, Best and Colunga scored fewer than Hamed COMBINED, (this season is only half way through). If you think Hamed is no better than O'Grady, you understand nothing about football. I'm not saying Hamed is the best in the devision, he's far from it. But, quite clearly, he's a decent player who has contributed to Brighton's successful season.

Agree with this, but the boo boys got to have a target........

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agree with this, but the boo boys got to have a target........
It's incredible that there's a section of 'fans' who have to get on the back of at least one player a season.

The first I can remember, and I'm damn sure there were plenty before him, is Kevin Bremner 87-90.

Approaching 30 years of annual self fulfilled prophecy.
It's absolutely fookin ridiculous:-

'I know I'll boo this player into being great' - morons, the lot of them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's incredible that there's a section of 'fans' who have to get on the back of at least one player a season.

The first I can remember, and I'm damn sure there were plenty before him, is Kevin Bremner 87-90.

It's not that black and white though, is it?

I would never boo Hemed. Nor any other Albion player come to that, but that doesn't mean I won't pass constructive comment on a football message board between matches.

I like him. He works hard and seems to have really bought into the whole Albion thing. However he doesn't seem to be a natural finisher at all, and would be on at least double his current tally if he was.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's not that black and white though, is it?

I would never boo Hemed. Nor any other Albion player come to that, but that doesn't mean I won't pass constructive comment on a football message board between matches.

I like him. He works hard and seems to have really bought into the whole Albion thing. However he doesn't seem to be a natural finisher at all, and would be on at least double his current tally if he was.
Totally agree as per post #11.

But we both know Hemed's on borrowed time and the noise, when he doesn't score with every shot, will become increasingly more audible, which is my point.
A point that we have both heard far too many times for it to be a one off.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I scored an absolute CORKER with him on PES2016 last night, so he's definitely got it in him (they don't just "make" those players good you know). He'll come good.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

Don't ever remember Bremner getting any stick, solid striker who was the perfect foil for Nelson and also got a fair few goals.
Hemmed needs a spell out the team, not convinced at all by him and out of the goals he has scored except the penalty I can't think of a clean strike which has gone straight in.He does sometimes show great skill though when turning defenders.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He takes one too many touches when he does get a chance to shoot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here