Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Hemed any good?

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
I haven't seen every game live, so if someone who has could correct me, please do. But, whilst he isn't scoring freely like Leo used to, he's involved in most goals. I think we should be grateful that we have (or should I say had) a variety of goalscorers, who are now injured...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Surely Manu was played to get some minutes as when Wilson goes back, if Baldock isn't ready to return he's one of our only options, with BZ not really capable of a full 90?
Manu is clearly not match ready, but the only way he will get up to speed is by playing, it may not be pretty but he needs the minutes and just like Kaz will come good :)
Have faith people! :albion:

Fair point. And we'll probably need him well before that with VLP unable to face Wolves. I assume they were keen to give Manu a chance today to help him get up to speed as well as saving Zamora's legs in a very busy spell. Makes more sense to have Zamora fresh for the home games.

I haven't seen every game live, so if someone who has could correct me, please do. But, whilst he isn't scoring freely like Leo used to, he's involved in most goals. I think we should be grateful that we have (or should I say had) a variety of goalscorers, who are now injured...

At the Amex we haven't been blessed with great strikers given that the club have failed to pay decent money for one. In my opinion I would rank the three best as:

Leo
Ashley B
Hemed

If Zamorra was fit he would be in my top 3, but sadly isn't!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think that's far to strong, and definitely one for those with short term memory loss.

I'm disappointed by his lack of goals (obviously nowhere near as disappointed as he is) but I can't fault his work rate.
Hopefully he'll still get into double figures this season.
He's clearly not THE goal scorer, but I'd hope he can become the assist man to a proper finisher.

Behave. We've seen more than enough of Hemed to form a valid judgement. And your post smacks of much the same too much slack we gave the losers up front last season. Always one dunce who is last to wake up and see what it is they're watching.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Hemed is crap. Baldock is crap. Manu might one day not be crap, but at the moment he most definitely is. Sorry, but that is the truth.

Hemed is crap. Baldock is crap. Manu might one day not be crap, but at the moment he most definitely is. Sorry, but that is the truth.

Rubbish. We have paid broadly £1m for each. You get what you pay for. These players are decent at our level, but if we want to be top two or higher, then the club need to spend. For whatever the reason in 5 seasons at The Amex we have only had one very good striker. The failing, if it is a failing lies with the club &/or the scouts, or FFP.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Very generous to Hemed. I often hear that he 'doesn't get service' but funny how when Zamora comes on he's usually right in the mix. That's because Hemed isn't good enough to get in the right positions. He runs around a fair bit but not in a way that helps much.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Rubbish. We have paid broadly £1m for each. You get what you pay for. These players are decent at our level, but if we want to be top two or higher, then the club need to spend. For whatever the reason in 5 seasons at The Amex we have only had one very good striker. The failing, if it is a failing lies with the club &/or the scouts, or FFP.

Just answering the question on the thread....as for whether he's value for money, thats a different question. But on that question I think Hemed cost 2 mill and we can expect a bit more. Personally I would rather have COG in the side.

Dec 29, 2011

Leo was our second most expensive player ever and he got us to the playoffs twice, and we made a £7m profit in less than two seasons. Perhaps we should gamble more with strikers... £5m over 5 seasons for a quality striker is only £1m a season.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I can't believe what I'm reading here, it's shocking what nonsense some fans spout out. Hamed is a decent player good enough to get into most championship sides. Put simply: He has scored 6 goals, assisted 3, wins an excellent amount of aerials PG, has 3.1 shots a game and has a pass accuracy of 75%. What were you expecting for £2M? Ronaldo?

I've just read that someone thinks he's no better than O'Grady. Last season, CMS, COG, Best and Colunga scored fewer than Hamed COMBINED, (this season is only half way through). If you think Hamed is no better than O'Grady, you understand nothing about football. I'm not saying Hamed is the best in the devision, he's far from it. But, quite clearly, he's a decent player who has contributed to Brighton's successful season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Behave. We've seen more than enough of Hemed to form a valid judgement. And your post smacks of much the same too much slack we gave the losers up front last season. Always one dunce who is last to wake up and see what it is they're watching.
Once bitten twice shy on this :fishing: trip.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Divides fans like Olivier Giroud did for Arsenal before becoming a top goalscorer. Can't fault his work rate which I always think means a lot. Last season he was scoring regularly at club and international level. He'll hit a purple patch soon.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He has hit the post as much as he has hit the net, he is the width of a goal post away from being one of the leading scorers in the division. He has had some poor games, but has had many more good ones.

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
Very generous to Hemed. I often hear that he 'doesn't get service' but funny how when Zamora comes on he's usually right in the mix. That's because Hemed isn't good enough to get in the right positions. He runs around a fair bit but not in a way that helps much.

Completely agree, Zamora is an excellent poacher, but I'm not sure what "type" of striker Hemed is yet.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The worry is although we have lost only once we have won 5 in 16 and got 25 points which would struggle to achieve plays off. Also only added plus 4 in those 16 to goal difference and that is the equivalent to a point dropped. We need a striker. Hemed is not good enough

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The worry is although we have lost only once we have won 5 in 16 and got 25 points which would struggle to achieve plays off. Also only added plus 4 in those 16 to goal difference and that is the equivalent to a point dropped. We need a striker. Hemed is not good enough

25 points in 16 games extrapolated over the next 23 games gives us a total of 80 points. That's about 8-9 points more than what will probably be needed for the play offs.

I don't think we'll finish top 2, but some astute transfers and players returning to fitness should give us a fighting chance in the play offs.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
25 points in 16 games extrapolated over the next 23 games gives us a total of 80 points. That's about 8-9 points more than what will probably be needed for the play offs.

I don't think we'll finish top 2, but some astute transfers and players returning to fitness should give us a fighting chance in the play offs.

The last 16 games points would equate to 72 over a season so last 16 games we have not been that special. We have slipped to 4 th and lost a point with goal difference

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The last 16 games points would equate to 72 over a season so last 16 games we have not been that special. We have slipped to 4 th and lost a point with goal difference
But we already have 44 points at the half way point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here