Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Hemed any good?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Love this thread. It weeds out the clueless in their droves.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Love this thread. It weeds out the clueless in their droves.
I was expecting to see a couple, but there are bloody loads of them :eek:

No doubt they will argue that he was crap when they posted, so they were right at the time, but Hughton obviously didn't agree, or Hemed wouldn't have stayed with us and played so much.

So is Hemed actually crap, and we've been mislead by a couple of goals?
Or (and this is almost unthinkable) were the internet experts wrong?

Dec 29, 2011
I was expecting to see a couple, but there are bloody loads of them :eek:

No doubt they will argue that he was crap when they posted, so they were right at the time, but Hughton obviously didn't agree, or Hemed wouldn't have stayed with us and played so much.

So is Hemed actually crap, and we've been mislead by a couple of goals?
Or (and this is almost unthinkable) were the internet experts wrong?

To be fair to some of these posters my original question was if he was any good. They answered what they thought at the time based on the games they'd seen him in. Yes he's improved since then from what I can tell (I've only really got highlights to go on) but he was hardly setting the world on fire in December was he in terms of goals.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To be fair to some of these posters my original question was if he was any good. They answered what they thought at the time based on the games they'd seen him in.
Indeed, and I'm not going all out hindsight smartarse on this one.

Yes he's improved since then from what I can tell (I've only really got highlights to go on) but he was hardly setting the world on fire in December was he in terms of goals.
He started well and then had a quiet patch, which is not that unusual, particularly in his first season in England. I don't study each player enough each game (and I don't see many away games anyway) to be that sure of a player who's not doing great. Hughton always seemed to back him though, which surely means he was doing something right even in his quieter spell?

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield

He started well and then had a quiet patch, which is not that unusual, particularly in his first season in England. I don't study each player enough each game (and I don't see many away games anyway) to be that sure of a player who's not doing great. Hughton always seemed to back him though, which surely means he was doing something right even in his quieter spell?

He looked quite lost for a few months but has improved dramatically since then

Dec 29, 2011

Actually the point you made is why is asked this question. He hadn't scored in ages, he hadn't done much in the few games id seen him and yet Hughton who I consider one of the leagues best managers consistently picked him. Therefore I wondered if he was any good and did more each match than JUST score goals.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I love a hard worker and Hemed certainly is that! He's got quite an underrated first touch. A good player that seems to be getting better. He's staying on his feet a bit more too.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
When we signed him I thought we'd found our 20 goal a season guy, the first 10 games filled me with expectation that he would go on to be that man.

By November I was believing he was just a squad player and he had been worked out by championship defences, and I was delighted when we signed Wilson as he would take us to the promised land.

Now I just don't know, I like both players a lot but do believe they are both replaceable within our squad unlike Kayal.

Hemed is the sort of striker I'd much rather have on our team than play against each week

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Actually the point you made is why is asked this question. He hadn't scored in ages, he hadn't done much in the few games id seen him and yet Hughton who I consider one of the leagues best managers consistently picked him. Therefore I wondered if he was any good and did more each match than JUST score goals.

He's got 6 assists as well as his 13 goals.
When you consider our winning margin, in most games, has been by a single goal, would make a huge difference in points.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When we signed him I thought we'd found our 20 goal a season guy, the first 10 games filled me with expectation that he would go on to be that man.

By November I was believing he was just a squad player and he had been worked out by championship defences, and I was delighted when we signed Wilson as he would take us to the promised land.

Now I just don't know, I like both players a lot but do believe they are both replaceable within our squad unlike Kayal.

Hemed is the sort of striker I'd much rather have on our team than play against each week

So basically:-

- When Tomer was playing with the leagues best wingers you thought he was the doggies dangles.
- When Tomer was playing with bang average wingers you thought he wasn't up to it.
- Now Tomer is playing with the leagues best wingers again I'm guessing you think he's the man.

If only there was a way of connecting those facts.

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

- When Tomer was playing with the leagues best wingers you thought he was the doggies dangles.
- When Tomer was playing with bang average wingers you thought he wasn't up to it.
- Now Tomer is playing with the leagues best wingers again I'm guessing you think he's the man.

Was Bobby Z scoring with those bang average wingers ?

All of our front men are decent without being exceptional

Whatever divsion we are in next year, we will need at least 2 new front men better than what we have in my opinion.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

No when we signed him I was very hopeful

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here