Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Gus not Interested in the club anymore?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Well It seems I try and create a serious thread and everyone plays kick the Midget. Fair enough.

Its a worthwhile thread, doesn't mean you;re right but its worthy of discussion. I've casually wondered the same as you of late, although I think there's nothing in it. I think he's a bit tired, its a long season and it must be stressful to be in such a knife-edge position in the league.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I think he's matured over the years and his ranting & raving about every decision is a thing of the past and that's a good thing in many ways.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I personally think we'll see him move on during the summer, I honestly think he's frustrated by the whole transfer budget/wages thing.

Gus is ambitious and mercurial, I someitmes don't understand what he is saying and other times I don't understand What he is saying. Wenger has financial constraints on him, is a mature manager, has been told that his best players are being sold, but, he is still enthusiastic and animated about his team and performances. Gus is still learning, but now finds his team in a fantastic position, perhaps he needs to take five to catch his breathe and look at where he is. Well done Gus, but you need to mature and quick, you can't always have what you want!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Its a worthwhile thread, doesn't mean you;re right but its worthy of discussion. I've casually wondered the same as you of late, although I think there's nothing in it. I think he's a bit tired, its a long season and it must be stressful to be in such a knife-edge position in the league.

I read more into Gus is pissed off with the FA hence his lack of interviews etc after his fine.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Gus had one of the best jobs in British football and he knows it...

I reckon there are a diminishing number of jobs that he would take on in this country. Possibly the following:
Man U
Man City
Arsenal
Spurs
Chelsea
Villa
Everton
Liverpool
Newcastle
Leeds

BHA now are as good a club as any others around in terms of potential... Chairman, senior management, medical staff, coaching and youth set up, recruitment, stadium, training facilities, infrastructure, etc. So I don't think he will leave soon. He's invested too much on planning the project...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Where did you go to school? Spelling and grammar leave a lot to be desired. I have made a few corrections in capitals below. Please study them.

Serious question really. I mean a friend AND I got talking today and we WERE discussing BHAFC and he brought up the point Gus just DOESN'T seem to have the passion anymore. Take when he first joined he would be up out of his seat questioning every little thing. These days he just sits In his seat and looks disinterested. His general involvement with the club too has taken a nosedive. It's like he DOESN'T care anymore and DOESN'T look happy. Seems that way to me. Unless there Is A LOT more behind the scenes we aren't aware of.

Bit harsh! At least the OP has used apostrophes appropriately in aren't, don't (even if that was the wrong word) and it's - and that's more than many posters can manage! Next week's project - the comma........

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
After the palace 3-0 win...

"The day we went up from League One was special. But this is the best day by far.

"I become a fan of the club I am working at or playing for, it's how I am.

"And at this football club you know one thing - you need to beat Palace.

"This was a day to stop time and stay here forever. I would like it to be the last game of the season, or a last at a club, or the last of your career."

Play-Off Final v Palace?
Could be any of those!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I personally think we'll see him move on during the summer, I honestly think he's frustrated by the whole transfer budget/wages thing.

Interesting post,if he was to so where to ? QPR maybe they could have the money? Can anyone see Harry staying ? However never mind that Get behind Gus and lets go up.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Serious question really. I mean me and a friend got talking today and we was discussing BHAFC and he brought up the point Gus just don't seem to have the passion anymore. Take when he first joined he would be up out of his seat questioning every little thing. These days he just sits In his seat and looks disinterested. His general involvement with the club too has taken a nosedive. It's like he don't care anymore and don't look happy. Seems that way to me. Unless there Is alot more behind the scenes we aren't aware of.

I'm not bushing the guy. Tho I could but I not here to cause an argument. I think it's a pretty valid thread I am making.

Just you thinking that, I imagine :shrug:

"The day we went up from League One was special. But this is the best day by far.

"This was a day to stop time and stay here forever. I would like it to be the last game of the season, or a last at a club, or the last of your career."

I interpreted that as along the lines of "If you could decide how the last game of your career goes, you'd want it to go something like this."

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

Sounds like he's bored shitless and wants to play his xBox instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here