Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Gus not Interested in the club anymore?

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Well It seems I try and create a serious thread and everyone plays kick the Midget. Fair enough.

Personally I think Gus is still committed to proving himself here but has higher ambition.Fair enough,no way will we ever be able to win the Premiership or Champions League,we wont have the resources to go to that level whilst we are tied to a 30,000 stadium.
But I don't believe there is any point Gus going to a club lower than Spurs,West ham or Newcastle,he can only loose his reputation with dead end clubs like Reading QPR or Stoke.
So I believe Gus is dedicated to Brighton and the chance to build his reputation here.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Personally I think Gus is still committed to proving himself here but has higher ambition.Fair enough,no way will we ever be able to win the Premiership or Champions League,we wont have the resources to go to that level whilst we are tied to a 30,000 stadium.
But I don't believe there is any point Gus going to a club lower than Spurs,West ham or Newcastle,he can only loose his reputation with dead end clubs like Reading QPR or Stoke.
So I believe Gus is dedicated to Brighton and the chance to build his reputation here.

Gus believes in his project.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Serious question really. I mean me and a friend got talking today and we was discussing BHAFC and he brought up the point Gus just don't seem to have the passion anymore. Take when he first joined he would be up out of his seat questioning every little thing. These days he just sits In his seat and looks disinterested. His general involvement with the club too has taken a nosedive. It's like he don't care anymore and don't look happy. Seems that way to me. Unless there Is alot more behind the scenes we aren't aware of.

I'm not bushing the guy. Tho I could but I not here to cause an argument. I think it's a pretty valid thread I am making.

Where did you go to school? Spelling and grammar leave a lot to be desired. I have made a few corrections in capitals below. Please study them.

Serious question really. I mean a friend AND I got talking today and we WERE discussing BHAFC and he brought up the point Gus just DOESN'T seem to have the passion anymore. Take when he first joined he would be up out of his seat questioning every little thing. These days he just sits In his seat and looks disinterested. His general involvement with the club too has taken a nosedive. It's like he DOESN'T care anymore and DOESN'T look happy. Seems that way to me. Unless there Is A LOT more behind the scenes we aren't aware of.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

I agree with this. And he has never said anything different, whilst sticking with us.

We're very lucky.

As is he.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Serious question really. I mean me and a friend got talking today and we was discussing BHAFC and he brought up the point Gus just don't seem to have the passion anymore. Take when he first joined he would be up out of his seat questioning every little thing. These days he just sits In his seat and looks disinterested. His general involvement with the club too has taken a nosedive. It's like he don't care anymore and don't look happy. Seems that way to me. Unless there Is alot more behind the scenes we aren't aware of.

I'm not bushing the guy. Tho I could but I not here to cause an argument. I think it's a pretty valid thread I am making.

If you'd seen him on sky a few days ago talking about his team, the team that he built playing the way he wants them to you wouldn't question his commitment to the Albion.

I think he's stopped questioning everything to stop being punished my the FA tbh

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

No interest whatsoever... good thread.

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
Where did you go to school? Spelling and grammar leave a lot to be desired. I have made a few corrections in capitals below. Please study them.

Serious question really. I mean a friend AND I got talking today and we WERE discussing BHAFC and he brought up the point Gus just DOESN'T seem to have the passion anymore. Take when he first joined he would be up out of his seat questioning every little thing. These days he just sits In his seat and looks disinterested. His general involvement with the club too has taken a nosedive. It's like he DOESN'T care anymore and DOESN'T look happy. Seems that way to me. Unless there Is A LOT more behind the scenes we aren't aware of.

If you must know I went to Downs Park.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

Rubbish, we could go back to Withdean for 2 seasons whilst The Amex is knocked down and 70,000 seater is built. :jester:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I personally think we'll see him move on during the summer, I honestly think he's frustrated by the whole transfer budget/wages thing.

The only way he'll not have to worry about the playing budget is to move to the PL. If he stays in the Championship then we are better placed than every other club in the division with our season Ticket holders/attendances.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham

Should be "just sits in his seat". No capital I in "in". Never use capitals half way through a sentence unless it's for a name.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

With the new TV money coming in to the PL there is almost no need for paying customers. Almost. 30,000 for home games plus TV money makes the PL an interesting proposition for us-we just have to get there though before we start talking about the crazy money in that league.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii

I really want to hear more. Anymore pearls of wisdom you'd like to share with NSC?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here