Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Dunk worth more than £2M?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't think so. Dann has taken to the Premier League like a duck to water and I doubt we'd sell him for anything under £8/9m at this point. He's one of the best English cb's around which is why Hodgson has been watching him so closely. He's proven himself to be top Premier League quality, while Dunk could go either way.

But Dann "could have gone either way" which is why he went for £3m to Crystal Palace and not big money to a big club.

No one is speaking to Dunk until they put £5m on the table, so it's unlikely to be an imminent issue for us, even with 7-10 Premier League clubs sniffing around currently.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think so. Dann has taken to the Premier League like a duck to water and I doubt we'd sell him for anything under £8/9m at this point. He's one of the best English cb's around which is why Hodgson has been watching him so closely. He's proven himself to be top Premier League quality, while Dunk could go either way.

Oh yeah, I bet Hodgson has been GLUED to his progress. Just like Joel Ward's :lolol:

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Oh yeah, I bet Hodgson has been GLUED to his progress. Just like Joel Ward's :lolol:

It would explain his Ballon D'or vote: he was distracted because he was concentrating SO hard on a Crystal Palace defender.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Dann will be playing regularly for England in the Euros. Ward probably won't, but only becaue of Palace academy graduate Clyne.

If so, it will be great for Walsall to have one of their youth products progress to the England ranks.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
5 million will frighten thm off, If someone gets close to that we might have a decision to make...

Its a lot of money for a centre half

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Dann will be playing regularly for England in the Euros. Ward probably won't, but only becaue of Palace academy graduate Clyne.

Well done. That means about as much to you as the fact that Gareth Barry has been playing International and Champions League football for over a decade does to us.

When do the Palace academy play the Albion's academy this year?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Brilliant :lol: Dann will not be in the Euros team. Ward certainly won't either, as by the accounts I've read from many of your own supporters, he's had a poor season by his standards.

Clyne: I'll give you. He might have a shot if the other full backs are injured or out.

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
5 million will frighten thm off, If someone gets close to that we might have a decision to make...

Its a lot of money for a centre half

I think you'll be ok keeping hold of Dunk.

Only Leicester would be stupid enough to bid that much for a player who's had half a good season.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Anyone else think Dunk could do with a rest? Yesterdays goal seemingly down to him and at least 2 of the Brum goals against us were due to him.

Yes, he has 'potential', but at the moment that is the potential to make at least one goal conceding error per game.

Would be interesting to see a Hughes/Halford CB pairing although GG is seemingly the sole motivating voice in the team at the moment. Don't see (m)any other players geeing up other players.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Dunk always has one or two howlers during a game. Out of the regular back four he is the only one with a prospect of playing at a higher level.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Basically, Dunk's problem is that he's massively overrated by some, and a lot of people don't like Greer so overpraise Dunk which is a bit pathetic.

Dunk is a good defender, tall and quick, but he's not some sort of world beater and he's prone to making mistakes, just like most of our squad. If he was that good we wouldn't have struggled so much this year.

He's definitely got loads of potential though, and could well go on to play in the prem

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here