Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Dunk worth more than £2M?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He isn't going to be sold, unless a substantial offer arrives and we can find more than competent cover. I'm happy to trust the club on this one.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Albion players seem to be doing a much better job of getting into the Premier League by jumping ship rather than sticking with the club. Our list of ex defenders in the Premier League next season could be Dunk, Upson, Ward, Cook & Elphick.

And as well as the defenders, you can add Murray, Buckley, Ulloa and Bridcutt to the list of (recentish) ex-Albion now in Premier League

Maybe by Premier League Ready, we meant our players, not the team :down:

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Suggestions that WBA are to offer £2M for Lewis Dunk, according to the Times apparently.

Please someone send them the own goal against liverpool, to stop there interest. Because we know the funds won't go far towards a replacement.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And as well as the defenders, you can add Murray, Buckley, Ulloa and Bridcutt to the list of (recentish) ex-Albion now in Premier League

Maybe by Premier League Ready, we meant our players, not the team :down:
All the time the list of 'ex Albion now prem stars' contains the best part of £15m PROFIT, long may it continue.

At least it shows the club is doing something right, and a fair few of the players are going in up in the world instead of down.

Hopefully our time will come, and when it does it's not hard to believe we'll be well equipped to deal with it.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
£2 million well they can fu*k right off , i would be more worried if Arsenal lose today it will force Wengers hand into buying a defender who can defend , they look awful at the back from set plays and i would imagine a decent CB is high on the list for them .

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Albion players seem to be doing a much better job of getting into the Premier League by jumping ship rather than sticking with the club. Our list of ex defenders in the Premier League next season could be Dunk, Upson, Ward, Cook & Elphick.

Also look at the forwards ..Ulloa Buckley Barnes Murray..has there ever been a time before when so many ex Albion players are playing in the top ight at the same time

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Newspaper talk fed by an agent. Perhaps the idea is to try and unsettle the player, affect his performance and then come in with what is a reasonable offer so the club has no real alternative but to accept. We should know there is a bit of history of this.

SheffieldSeagulls

Dec 6, 2014
What's the point of us selling Dunky (leading scorer)? We would only have to go out an by another similar. Not convinced that Hughes can still do the job week in week out, and Halford is OK but that leaves us with only Greer as Mr Steady. In my view we should do what ever it takes to Keep Dunk and buy some additional cover.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Also look at the forwards ..Ulloa Buckley Barnes Murray..has there ever been a time before when so many ex Albion players are playing in the top ight at the same time

Would suggest that player identification and development isn't exactly the train wreck it's widely been supposed to be...

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
We are still in a serious relegation battle.We need our best players (and top goalscorers ).In the summer 5ml and good luck to Dunk !

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That would be a bad move for him WBA dont set the Premier alight and wont even with Pulis in charge for a while. We could make more by hanging on for other offers and he could do better by doing the same.

Trebling his salary and probably regular first team action under one of the best defensive organisers in the Premier League - yeh, terrible move for the lad.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Not 2m no way 5m then maybe. One thing I will say id while we are a selling club we dont undersell amymore.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Not 2m no way 5m then maybe. One thing I will say id while we are a selling club we dont undersell amymore.

On current form I would say he's worth around 3 mil in todays market. Would be hard to turn that down if the offer came in.

Last edited:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
£2m is likely to test the water, the chances are they're probing for the likeliest price point then determining whether he's worth it.

I'd take £4.5 with addons, including £1m if they stay up. Central defenders aren't exactly expensive to find in this league, though one with Dunk's abilities is rare, we should capitalise on him. We have Halford and Hughes, not to mention Rea to develop. I think we should be seriously considering these bids, Dunk deserves the premier league.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He's worth as much as Ulloa. Central defenders are worth their weight in gold. Look how difficult Arsenal have found it to get defenders in. Chelsea still rely on an ageing (but obviously talented) John Terry. He's one player who should be given the build up that Zaha got from our chums prior to selling.

If the ****ers want him, let them pay through the nose.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lewis Dunk is worth a damn sight more than £2M to us. Would take a helluva lot more to replace like-for-like. Please don't say we're still selling players off on the cheap. Should really be better than that by now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here