Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Dunk worth more than £2M?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
It would be very easy to turn down £3m. He's under a long contract and is an English goal-scoring centre back. I'm sure I've read somewhere he has a £5m release clause though

I think the main reason he has been such an effective goal scoring center back is because our recent front line have been so bad! I'm not sure he would get the same opportunities in a strong attacking team.

He is having a cracking season though!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think the main reason he has been such an effective goal scoring center back is because our recent front line have been so bad! I'm not sure he would get the same opportunities in a strong attacking team.

He is having a cracking season though!

Certainly puts the likes of CMS and COG to shame.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Trebling his salary and probably regular first team action under one of the best defensive organisers in the Premier League - yeh, terrible move for the lad.

And possibly going back to the championship either the end of this season or next. When he could possibly join an established Premier side with the same benefits.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Really hoping we don't sell for any price this season. Dunk was immense yesterday again. He's come through the ranks and the club stood by him in potentially difficult times. If we hit a release clause I'd still like it to be on the condition that we loan him back for the rest of the season. Destroying a spine that is just starting to form again would be baffling.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Suggestions that WBA are to offer £2M for Lewis Dunk, according to the Times apparently.

Gt into this debate a few days ago. The consensus if there is such as thing was £5m but i think that was more desire than market price. For me though £2m is toooooo low.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Scott Dann cost us £3million and Dunk is not as good. So to answer the OP, no he is not.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Scott Dann cost us £3million and Dunk is not as good. So to answer the OP, no he is not.
Dann is 27, Dunk is 23.

Dunk has a lot of potential and is already a fine player. I'd suggest that he'll be fetching a bigger transfer fee than Dann when he reaches his age.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

This Dunk's first season as a first choice centre back and he is massively improved so you are wrong, he is definitely worth more than 2 million, hopefully we won't be finding out how much more anytime soon.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
This Dunk's first season as a first choice centre back and he is massively improved so you are wrong, he is definitely worth more than 2 million, hopefully we won't be finding out how much more anytime soon.

I thought the reason we did not buy Virgil van Dyke was that we though Dunk would be good enough at a future date . That being if quotes are correct for VVD at around 8mill 5-6 mill is a fair price for Dunk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought the reason we did not buy Virgil van Dyke was that we though Dunk would be good enough at a future date . That being if quotes are correct for VVD at around 8mill 5-6 mill is a fair price for Dunk
I'm not sure that is true, we didn't meet the asking price did we? It would be usual practice for the Albion to buy him at a knock down rate, play him for a season and then try and sell him for a big profit, that we would not reinvest in the team, surely :wink: I am quite concerned that this is exactly what we will be doing with Dunk shortly.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
To my mind Dunk has not been good enough for long enough for a really large fee. However the game v Arsenal will be pretty important to him. A good performance there would enhance his value, but anything less and the interest will cool. No juggling on the goal line now Lewis !!!

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Dann is 27, Dunk is 23.

Dunk has a lot of potential and is already a fine player. I'd suggest that he'll be fetching a bigger transfer fee than Dann when he reaches his age.

I don't think so. Dann has taken to the Premier League like a duck to water and I doubt we'd sell him for anything under £8/9m at this point. He's one of the best English cb's around which is why Hodgson has been watching him so closely. He's proven himself to be top Premier League quality, while Dunk could go either way.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I think you could get £2/3 m for him as he would be a good back up in the premier league initially . What I don't understand is your constant clamour to value players then sell them .

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think you could get £2/3 m for him as he would be a good back up in the premier league initially . What I don't understand is your constant clamour to value players then sell them .

I don't think it's a desire to sell, more like heads being turned when a Premiership club comes calling. The player is being offered a more lucrative contract and a chance to play at the highest level in English football.

We are unable/unwilling to match contract offers from much wealthier clubs and therefore we attempt to get a decent 'fee' before the inevitable happens.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Two or 3 seasons ago, we were reading that Wenger was gagging to buy him as a teenager. Maybe when he shuts up shop one end and scores the winner at the other... against the Arse... Arsene will come running again with his chequebook!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here