Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Dunk still underestimated ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Whenever this thread was posted, yes. A thousand times yes. Both in our fanbase and even more so in the wider world.

He is a top, top, top centre back.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I think Dunk is rated just about right. He is a B/B+ grade player in world terms, and to be honest I'm cool with that. Selfishly I'm glad he doesn't really have pace because if he did, he'd have gone a long, long bloody time ago - probably before we even got promoted.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think Dunk is rated just about right. He is a B/B+ grade player in world terms, and to be honest I'm cool with that. Selfishly I'm glad he doesn't really have pace because if he did, he'd have gone a long, long bloody time ago - probably before we even got promoted.
Think he's better than that personally. International class centre back, without being world class. Is amazingly consistent and rarely (until this season) gets injured. That's higher than B/B+ in my book.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Apart from anything else, Dunk must be the greatest chester of a ball in the modern game. Mind-bogglingly difficult skill to master, particularly when you're attempting to pass back to your keeper under pressure. He makes it look easy :ohmy:

Dec 29, 2011
Think he's better than that personally. International class centre back, without being world class. Is amazingly consistent and rarely (until this season) gets injured. That's higher than B/B+ in my book.
Probably proving the point even our own fan base underrate him 😂

I would also agree with you, I think he would have held his own in a top 4 club had he moved at 25-27. The time has now past, he's definitely on the decline a little. 2020-2022 he was probably one of the most consistent defenders in the world (at least, the PL). Now he's a bit more error prone, but still a class defender.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here