Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Dunk still underestimated ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As some are probably aware, I have always been a huge fan and have been saying that I thought Lewis is our greatest ever player for the last couple of seasons and that he should have been starting for England for the last few years. But the Scotland match where he transformed the way England played and last night, where we missed him so badly, makes me wonder if I have been underestimating him :wink:

jeremy fisher

Sep 20, 2014
So you think he's an amazing player, but you wonder if you've been underestimating him? Are you saying then that perhaps he's truly one of the best ever?

Pele, Maradona, Messi, Ronaldo, Dunk?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So you think he's an amazing player, but you wonder if you've been underestimating him? Are you saying then that perhaps he's truly one of the best ever?

Why would anybody compare attacking players with defenders when trying to decide who was best!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Other than searing pace, he has it all.
1. A leader and organiser.
2. Brilliant defender.
3. He’s been coached into a Beckenbauer-esque CB running our passing and creative game, setting our tempo. His decision making is exemplary.

And the fine wine analogy, he’s getting better and better. A dream for Colwill et seq to play with.

If the last person had doubts, they won’t after last night.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
As some are probably aware, I have always been a huge fan and have been saying that I thought Lewis is our greatest ever player for the last couple of seasons and that he should have been starting for England for the last few years. But the Scotland match where he transformed the way England played and last night, where we missed him so badly, makes me wonder if I have been underestimating him :wink:
How can you underestimate somebody you are a huge fan of and our greatest player ? Crap post,

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
If someone doesn't post "you can not underestimate the importance of Dunk to this team" I am going to be extremely dissapointed

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
How can you underestimate somebody you are a huge fan of and our greatest player ? Crap post,

Because even though I'm a huge fan and believe he's our greatest player, I think I may have underestimated him :shrug:

The second sentence is correct though, I don't know why you bothered :wink:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

I’d choose Dunk to defend a 1v1 over any of them

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Dunk gives a min 8/10 performance every week and he is so consistent you completely take the levels of his performance for granted. Also plays an astonishing amount of games so the squad and fans are just not used to him not being available.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Definitely underestimated - especially by fans of other clubs. I still see this ridiculous view amongst some online that he is a bit of a donkey/just a Duffy-esque up and at 'em head it and boot it type.

He's an absolute Rolls Royce with one of the best all-round games of any Prem CB I've seen. He can do the dirty and the silky stuff.

Fans of other clubs are also often surprised when I refer to him as our best player, or one of. He is.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Definitely underestimated - especially by fans of other clubs. There's still this ridiculous view amongst some online that he is a bit of a donkey. He's an absolute Rolls Royce.

Fans of other clubs are also often surprised when I refer to him as our best player, or one of. He is.
Absolutely astonishing that slow cart horses like Conor Coady, Jamaal Lascelles, Tyrone Mings, Harry Maguire (who was decent 5 years ago tbf) and worst of all - Michael Keane have all been reasons that f**kwitt Gareth Southgate has consistently overlooked him.

As you say, Dunk is absolutely outstanding. The only English centre-back who holds a candle to him in the last 18 months is John Stones.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Absolutely astonishing that slow cart horses like Conor Coady, Jamaal Lascelles, Tyrone Mings, Harry Maguire (who was decent 5 years ago tbf) and worst of all - Michael Keane have all been reasons that f**kwitt Gareth Southgate has consistently overlooked him.

As you say, Dunk is absolutely outstanding. The only English centre-back who holds a candle to him in the last 18 months is John Stones.

May I add Dier.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He seemed to be annoyed with us fans after Muff scored. Was a fair bit of moaning in the stands.
Reminds me of Steve Foster under Bailey when we were winning a game and passing the ball around in our own half hanging onto it. Crowd got very vociferous in a “get it forward” sort of way, Foster remonstrated with the North Stand that day too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here