• Poll closed .

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I think the term 'sport' is far too generic to label many things as a definite yes or no and whilst Darts like many other games isn't a sport in many senses it should be considered a sub-category of Sport under the heading 'Competitive games of skill with no particular requirement for any level of fitness or athletic prowess'! Not sure what that could be shortened to though!!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think the term 'sport' is far too generic to label many things as a definite yes or no and whilst Darts like many other games isn't a sport in many senses it should be considered a sub-category of Sport under the heading 'Competitive games of skill with no particular requirement for any level of fitness or athletic prowess'! Not sure what that could be shortened to though!!

Game of Skill that isnt a sport ....

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'm firmly in the "I couldn't give a shit what people call it" camp.

BUT, it has to be in the same category as golf, either they're both sports or they're both not. If you want to talk about the lack of physical prowess of a Phil Taylor or Adrian Lewis, I'll show you John Daly and Darren Clarke

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I'm firmly in the "I couldn't give a shit what people call it" camp.

BUT, it has to be in the same category as golf, either they're both sports or they're both not. If you want to talk about the lack of physical prowess of a Phil Taylor or Adrian Lewis, I'll show you John Daly and Darren Clarke

I am a fan of darts, but as golf it is a skill and not a sport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here