Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Darts a sport - the definitive poll

Is darts a sport?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The title says it all. Is darts a sport? This poll decides.

Similar threads for golf, snooker and F1 could follow if there is sufficient demand:hilton:

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
It's a competitive game with prize money played by professionals which is run by a professional body .

It ticks all the boxes of the definition of the word Professional Sport

Of course it's a sport .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think its a game more than a sport, a bloody brilliant game mind.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
If the IOC recognise chess as a sport, then I'd say I'm not sure.

There's a mate of mine who is a two-time European Masters Toad-in-the-hole Champion and the captain of the team that holds the current World Championship.

I shall use the outcome of this poll to decide whether he is a true sporting great.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
It's a sport in my opinion. It takes great skill. Although, if we are going to talk about what is not a sport, gymnastics, Dressage, Diving and synchronised swimming are not sports. The winner is picked down to someone's opinion.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sport [spawrt, spohrt]
noun
an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature

It's a no from me. It's an 'activity'.

so you would discount golf, archery, horse racing, sailing, curling to name a few, as sports as they arent "athletic"? even things like cricket are dubious on this criteria.

its a selective definition anyway, firt one google finds is:
An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others. (Dictionary.com)

Darts clearly fits the bill.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
It's a no from me.

My idea of a sport, is an activity that makes you sweat. The only reason dart players sweat, is because most of them are an overweight mess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here