Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ironic Cheer when Sanchez caught the ball

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Not amazing no.

But in football you're defined in huge part by your performances against bitter rivals. It's just the nature of the game

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agreed, classless. And the fact it happened twice. But not surprising from a fan base that has booed its own players who go to take a penalty

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Really poor from our fans……

Thought we were better than that, unless I’ve missed something obvious…..
This was the same part of North Stand that when the new Di Zerbi flag got half way across the stand a load of fans refused to pull it over their heads so it stalled and was put away even before the team went out. Great effort.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It was odd and out of place seeing as both the North Stand and our fans at Palace gave him their full support. I was wondering at the time if the cheer was aimed at Harry Wilson for some reason as the sarcasm just seemed very strange.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I cheered him as in supporting him but did seem a bit ironic from the north. Saying that, they also clearly supported him from the off - difficult to tell what the cheers etc meant.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Thought it was funny the first time (didnt notice the 2nd one) and thought it was just a bit of ironic banter and fun.

It felt like the fans that were digging him out had gotten over it by having a joke.
Funny if it had been a friendly match maybe.

I guess our football supporting culture has changed to being people who want a laugh rather than doing everything possible to get behind the players and win.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Funny if it had been a friendly match maybe.

I guess our football supporting culture has changed to being people who want a laugh rather than doing everything possible to get behind the players and win.

It's really not that serious, football should be fun and relief from such serious matters. Bobby got plenty of claps and applause.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It's really not that serious, football should be fun and relief from such serious matters. Bobby got plenty of claps and applause.
There you go. I know what makes me happy. Following a football team isn’t something you do for a laugh (maybe your name indicates you have only seen us moving in one direction). Bobby?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I'm someone who always gets behind the players, and find booing and other similar things very counter productive. However, I got the impression it was more of mickey take the kind you do with your friends rather than anything malicious. Maybe it would have been best to not do it though.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
There you go. I know what makes me happy. Following a football team isn’t something you do for a laugh (maybe your name indicates you have only seen us moving in one direction). Bobby?

Ive been following Albion since a baby through Goldstone, Withdean and Gillingham. You don't go to football for fun? I do.

And when you see things like Eriksen and Atsu and real life matters, it should put things into perspective.

Big Bob, Bobby, Sanchez whatever you would like him to be addressed as, it was just a bit of light hearted fun, fans being happy. If fans still held a grudge it would had been a sea boos or groans.

We all want Brighton to do well, I left the game pi**ed off like most people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here