Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich fans still moaning about Tomasz and FFP

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Our income is miles ahead of ipswich,doubt they have many fans that pay £1000 for a ST,our corporate side brings in shite loads aswell.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
No, it's not. How is a tool fair, or a Jehovah's Witness conference related to Brighton & Hove Albion in any way, shape or form? I'd suggest you read the regulations before asking if I've made things up.

I've read the majority of the FFP proposals and I don't see anything that precludes stadium generated income being used as income to balance the books. On the contrary, it seems to suggest commercial and 'other income' is acceptable. Please could you link to the section that says you cannot use money generated by your assets (stadium). Thanks.

Feb 14, 2010
It is odd that fans of Ipswich, a club who get significantly smaller crowds than Brighton, complain that players decide to join Brighton over them. Just makes no sense at all.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
How is a tool fair, or a Jehovah's Witness conference related to Brighton & Hove Albion in any way, shape or form?
I hate to state the obvious, but whoever uses the Amex actually does have to pay you know, and who do you think they pay that money too?.... Falmer Parish Council???, Moulscoomb Residents Association??? ... do a little thinking first before you post the first thing that pops into your bonce sir..... sheeesh!!!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I've read the majority of the FFP proposals and I don't see anything that precludes stadium generated income being used as income to balance the books. On the contrary, it seems to suggest commercial and 'other income' is acceptable. Please could you link to the section that says you cannot use money generated by your assets (stadium). Thanks.

Exactly, doesn't take Steven Hawkins to work that one out.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
No, it's not. How is a tool fair, or a Jehovah's Witness conference related to Brighton & Hove Albion in any way, shape or form? I'd suggest you read the regulations before asking if I've made things up.

WTF? The wedding fairs and tool fair even had the Albion crest on their advertising posters!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
To take it to an extreme, I dont think there's anything to stop the Albion starting up a grocery business, or an air line and becoming a rival to Tesco or BA and using that income to fund the squad. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Tony has a few schemes in mind.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
When can I get my Seagulls credit card? Probably a shitearse MBNA one with a nice crest stuck on it and a wee fraction of my impending debt mountain heading into tony's coffers.

Or how about BHA loans? Extortionate interest available to anyone with kneecaps, arranged on a handshake with the jocular Charlie Oatway, but if you miss payments Bob Booker comes round and threatens you in a soft, low voice, before getting a mute El-Abd to break your kneecaps, while Noone keeps his peepers open for the rozzers.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To take it to an extreme, I dont think there's anything to stop the Albion starting up a grocery business, or an air line and becoming a rival to Tesco or BA and using that income to fund the squad. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Tony has a few schemes in mind.

Indeed, in a few years time everyone will spend £7 out of £10 on Bloom

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Football League Website said:
The Football League.co.uk

What counts towards the Fair Play Result?

The Fair Play Result is based on the club's profit or loss before tax with the exception of:

• Investment in Youth Development (as defined in the Elite Player Performance Plan)
• The profit affecting element of the purchase, sale and depreciation of fixed assets excluding players (e.g. a club's stadium)
• Investment in a club's Community Scheme
• Promotion related bonus payments

A club is also entitled to apply to the Financial Fair Play Panel to have certain exceptional items excluded from the Financial Fair Play Result in a particular year. Such as (but not limited to):

• Career ending injury costs
• Bad debts from other clubs
• Losses sustained from a major sponsor defaulting

Looking at that, I don't see anything that indicates the income from hosted events at the stadium isn't included. Buying or selling a ground, or the loss of value of a ground, doesn't count, investing in schemes doesn't count, but profit from hosting events aren't ruled out by this article.

Full regulations here: http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/01/80/54/10/1805410_DOWNLOAD.pdf
FFP Regulations pdf said:
BREAK-EVEN REQUIREMENT
Notion of Article 58 – relevant income and expenses
1 Relevant income is defined as revenue from gate receipts, broadcasting rights,
sponsorship and advertising, commercial activities and other operating income,
plus either profit on disposal of player registrations or income from disposal of
player registrations, excess proceeds on disposal of tangible fixed assets and
finance income. It does not include any non-monetary items or certain income
from non-football operations.

annex X from pdf said:
k) Expenses of non-football operations not related to the club
The expenses (and income – see part B(1)(k)) of non-football operations
which are clearly and exclusively not related to the activities, locations or
brand of the football club may be excluded from the calculation of relevant
expenses.

As you can see, by being held at the stadium it is related the club.

See also: http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
When can I get my Seagulls credit card? Probably a shitearse MBNA one with a nice crest stuck on it and a wee fraction of my impending debt mountain heading into tony's coffers.

Or how about BHA loans? Extortionate interest available to anyone with kneecaps, arranged on a handshake with the jocular Charlie Oatway, but if you miss payments Bob Booker comes round and threatens you in a soft, low voice, before getting a mute El-Abd to break your kneecaps, while Noone keeps his peepers open for the rozzers.

Portsmouth advertised their own financial services company on their website even as they were descending into administration (the first time). If satire hadn't already died when Kissinger was awarded the Nobel peace prize, it would have breathed its last then.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Think you may have to sing "where's you Kuzczak gone?" when they come for a visit, plus a nice banner saying "there are some things money can buy, goalies are one of them".

Yes yes yes. Let's do it. Wouldn't normally lower myself to that level, but got to say Ipswich fans are really starting to get on my tits.

I thought what actually HAS happened is that, a few years ago, Tony Bloom started up a property development business and has used his profits to fund the stadium and other activities at the Club.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes yes yes. Let's do it. Wouldn't normally lower myself to that level, but got to say Ipswich fans are really starting to get on my tits.

This is silly. It was a handful of fans amongst them, who do not represent the majority. To extrapolate the banner as being the viewpoint of all Town fans is frankly bonkers.

What perhaps should be of concern is why are some of our fans trawling the Internet to find posts to which they find the need to start hand wringing about.

It is as if people WANT to be offended.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
On the Ipswich forum TWTD, their fans are moaning about us and cannot believe they have been out muscled by us, following Paul Jewel doing an interview about Kuszczak being at Portman Road. They also seem to think we will be going against the financial fair play rules.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=20973

Part of the deal was being able to live in Brighton, rather than the dirty shithole commonly known as Ipswich

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here