Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich fans still moaning about Tomasz and FFP

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The more people that dislike us, the better we are doing....That's football, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if we were the most disliked club by other fans in the country....Nice guys don't win...simples!!!

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Either I am missing something here, or just being plain stupid. The Amex is a money making machine, we have the nine highest season ticket sales in the country, which im only guessing is probably the highest in the championship. So if we are going on FFP, surely we are on a totally different playing field than Ipswich Town?

There probably isn't that much in it as Ipswich charge more for a season ticket than we do. Their cheapest adult ticket is £493, as opposed to £425 and they go up to £1,061 compared to our top price of £625. They sold 13,370 tickets last season so assuming that their average price is around £750 (halfway between the top and bottom end prices), their season ticket revenues would be roughly the same as ours.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
There probably isn't that much in it as Ipswich charge more for a season ticket than we do. Their cheapest adult ticket is £493, as opposed to £425 and they go up to £1,061 compared to our top price of £625. They sold 13,370 tickets last season so assuming that their average price is around £750 (halfway between the top and bottom end prices), their season ticket revenues would be roughly the same as ours.

You sure that's our top price??....What about the 1901 club, what do they pay a season for the West Stand middle tier.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
You sure that's our top price??....What about the 1901 club, what do they pay a season for the West Stand middle tier.

It's our top price standard season ticket as per the club website. 1901 is hospitality isn't it, rather than a normal season ticket? No idea what the full break down is, but the club website states that prices start from £18 + VAT per week (£1,123 p.a. inclusive of VAT). The bottom rate at Ipswich is £65 + VAT per match, assuming a 23 game league season that's £1,794 inclusive of VAT.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
and what about the concerts, trade-shows, wedding fairs, Christmas parties, school proms, pies, religious festivals and tours at the Amex?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I am very much in line with your thinking chippy. After their show of bitterness last year, I am willing to give them as much grief as anyone else. A banner as you suggested would be lovely.

I think the majority of Town fans were embarrassed by that banner at the Amex last season. Try to keep things in some type of perspective.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The more people that dislike us, the better we are doing....That's football, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if we were the most disliked club by other fans in the country....Nice guys don't win...simples!!!

Federer is a nice guy, so was Sampras, their trophy cabinets could hardly be described as empty.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
and what about the concerts, trade-shows, wedding fairs, Christmas parties, school proms, pies, religious festivals and tours at the Amex?

What about them? I imagine Ipswich hold similar events at Portman Road, but income from non-football operations that aren't related to the club isn't counted for the purposes of the financial fair play regulations anyway.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
What about them? I imagine Ipswich hold similar events at Portman Road, but income from non-football operations that aren't related to the club isn't counted for the purposes of the financial fair play regulations anyway.

O yes it is.... how can any event held at the Am ex be not related to the club..... did you just make that up?

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
O yes it is.... how can any event held at the Am ex be not related to the club..... did you just make that up?

No, it's not. How is a tool fair, or a Jehovah's Witness conference related to Brighton & Hove Albion in any way, shape or form? I'd suggest you read the regulations before asking if I've made things up.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
No, it's not. How is a tool fair, or a Jehovah's Witness conference related to Brighton & Hove Albion in any way, shape or form? I'd suggest you read the regulations before asking if I've made things up.

Surely the income the club receives from these events IS pertinent to our allowed budget? It's a valid form of income that the club generates regardless of who pays it into our coffers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here