Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich fans still moaning about Tomasz and FFP

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh well, with SCC having gone up, I guess ITFC will be this seasons pantomime villain "rival". Bless.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Like the comment "Brighton have signed Wayne Bridge on a season long loan that cannot be cheap"

I believe this translated would read " I would have loved Wayne Bridge to come here but clearly Brighton is more alluring. But he must have gone for the money yer thats it money" :cry::cry::cry::hilton:

Jewell is just getting his excuses for failure in early.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think the whole new stadium, 10th highest season ticket sales, massive corporate facilities, stadium concerts and conferences, er...pie sales, has passed them by.

Oh well :wave:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He's also the man who's Wigan team gave one of the best performances I've ever seen against the Albion as the went 3 (or was it 4) up against us in about 20 mins the season they walked the league. I think he's a reasonable manager if not a great one.

I've never like Ipswich though so I am loving the fact that they can't get to grips with us being more attractive to players than them at the moment.

That was one of the most disheartening games I've seen:(

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Is that for all employees of BHA or just playing staff El P?

Total employees, there is no breakdown in terms of costs, but comparative numbers are

For 2011:
Players 51 (In 2008 45): This included youth players
Admin & Mgt 64 (2008 39)
Part time 389 (2008 172)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
In related news - at the Patcham High School prom held at the Amex last night a couple of students turned up in a tractor.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He's also the man who's Wigan team gave one of the best performances I've ever seen against the Albion as the went 3 (or was it 4) up against us in about 20 mins the season they walked the league. I think he's a reasonable manager if not a great one.

I've never like Ipswich though so I am loving the fact that they can't get to grips with us being more attractive to players than them at the moment.
I think they were 4-0 up within half an hour. That was a very good team, he's taken a couple of the key players from it to Ipswich in Bullard and Ellington, probably on very big contracts (don't tell the Ipswich fans!) to rather less effect.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Total employees, there is no breakdown in terms of costs, but comparative numbers are

For 2011:
Players 51 (In 2008 45): This included youth players
Admin & Mgt 64 (2008 39)
Part time 389 (2008 172)

Thanks.

IfieldBlue

Apr 17, 2012
Looks like Town are the new Palace then? This thread and 'Bannergate' seems to be a re occuring trend.....

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Fascinating that Ipswich fans are talking about the sensible approach being taken by their club - after the years of splashing cash in search of promotions that never came they seem totally lacking in any sense of irony?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Think you may have to sing "where's you Kuzczak gone?" when they come for a visit, plus a nice banner saying "there are some things money can buy, goalies are one of them".

I am very much in line with your thinking chippy. After their show of bitterness last year, I am willing to give them as much grief as anyone else. A banner as you suggested would be lovely.

Peterrhodes

Aug 18, 2009
London
Keeping the grammar correct etc might point out that unlike town we don't keep it in the family.

'money can buy a lot of things, reversing inbreeding isn't one of them'

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Either I am missing something here, or just being plain stupid. The Amex is a money making machine, we have the nine highest season ticket sales in the country, which im only guessing is probably the highest in the championship. So if we are going on FFP, surely we are on a totally different playing field than Ipswich Town?

albionite

May 20, 2009
Not sure why a thread about Ipswich is still going, do we really care about them?
Ok the banner pissed a few of us off, but it was only a small number of fans that made the banner and most of the other Ipswich fans were embarrassed
.We are on a crest of a wave at the moment and something we should enjoy after all the years of hurt, but we should be careful who's toes we step on on the way up as we will lose the friends we have on the way down that we made while fighting for our new stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here