Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich fan here - looking forward to Saturday

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Losing away from home to a team who are top of the league, does not automatically mean you are actually not very good.
I didn't say it did. We could preform well, lose by a single goal, and come away thinking we're a good side. Or we could be outplayed for the whole game, lose by 2 or 3, and think we're not very good. I think the start has flattered us a bit, and I'm not confident about Saturday.

Moaning about something that has not even happened says far more about you.
Oo, this sounds intriguing professor, tell me more. Or, maybe you can see that I was not actually moaning at all, but just expressing concern. If you paid attention, you'd know I don't moan about our club much.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
After 4 visits to Ipswich and one whole point in return I'm giving it a miss this time even though it is localish for me.

Guaranteed three points for the Albion at 2-0

seabass1

Aug 1, 2011
Horsham
Looking forward to the usual delay on the train at Manningtree station ??? But otherwise Portman Road is one of my favourite away days despite the recent results and Albion performances. I just wish the designated 'away' pub got some decent ale in
Why not go into Town? Loads of pubs and not a problem to get into ! :drink::drink:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Law of averages say we are due to blank soon. Lets hope for a 0-0 here then. Would be a great result for us.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
To do well in the Championship, you need strikers who are going to get you 15-20 goals.
Ipswich.....Murphy/McGoldrick/Sears/Pittman. ( Estimate....total.....45-50...could be more )
Brighton....Hemed/Baldock/O'Grady/Zamora ( Estimate....total.....22-25...could be less )

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Last season we lost to the rubbish sides and played really well against the good sides. If it's the same this season then we are in for a cracker on Saturday.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Be good to have some competition. Our position is slightly deceptive because we've played shit teams so far.

1) Forest...decimated by injuries to most of their more influential players ( Reid, Assombolonga, Cohen etc )...get them back....pressing for top 6.
2) Fulham..when defence sorted and possible new striker......top half....very good approach play 2nd half v us....outside play-off bet.
3) Huddersfield....good hard-working Championship side....may struggle without Smithies and if they sell Butterfield...but expect them to stay out of trouble....Vaughan and Wells will get goals
4) Blackburn...loss of Gestede massive and Rhodes out injured helps. Looked a bit one-dimensional. Big side physically. May struggle but depends on next 8 days and Bowyer's future.
There are no shit teams at this level and its too early to pass judgement like that. Lets see where we are after we've played Ipswich, Hull and Wolves.

ArnoldLayne

Jan 19, 2015
1) Forest...decimated by injuries to most of their more influential players ( Reid, Assombolonga, Cohen etc )...get them back....pressing for top 6.
2) Fulham..when defence sorted and possible new striker......top half....very good approach play 2nd half v us....outside play-off bet.
3) Huddersfield....good hard-working Championship side....may struggle without Smithies and if they sell Butterfield...but expect them to stay out of trouble....Vaughan and Wells will get goals
4) Blackburn...loss of Gestede massive and Rhodes out injured helps. Looked a bit one-dimensional. Big side physically. May struggle but depends on next 8 days and Bowyer's future.
There are no shit teams at this level and its too early to pass judgement like that. Lets see where we are after we've played Ipswich, Hull and Wolves.

A view on who we have faced

1) Brentford.....outplayed us for the first 20 minutes of the season then totally fell away. Probably good time to play them. Didn't look anything like as potent as last season
2) Sheff Wed....big strong team who played good stuff and went ahead. Matias looks class player. Fell away second half and hoofed it. Will do better than last season
3) Burnley....good team. Confident, knocked it about but nothing up front. Will make play offs
4) Preston...probably deserved more against us. On top first half, we were on top second half...wonder goal decided it

ArnoldLayne

Jan 19, 2015
Some Mick McCarthy comments on Brighton game and in particular Chris Hughton

“I don’t give a flying one whether they put us as favourites or whether we’re top, whether we’re not, it’s all bollocks. It’s all great for the media, it’s wonderful.

“You know what’s nice for us? We’re top and our fans saw us win away from home. Then we’ve got to go to Donny, we’ve got to play Brighton and none of them are easy. It’ll all be forgotten if we get beaten in any of them.”

Next week sees a top of the table clash against the second-placed Seagulls at Portman Road with the Sussex side - who are behind the Blues on goal difference - managed by McCarthy’s close friend and former Republic of Ireland team-mate Chris Hughton.

“I can’t wait to see Chris, he was one of my pals in the Irish team,” he said. “We were some of the ones that came over on Sunday afternoon and stayed in the hotel right early on when Eoin Hand was the manager, we were players together.

“I have the utmost respect for him as a man, as a former player, as a manager and he’s one of those guys I’ve remained close to, I spoke to him this week. He’s a really good pal.

“We played in the European Championships in 1988 when Ruud Gullit went over [to the flank] and he took care of him. I was so delighted to see the back of him, Chris took care of him.”

However, he says the match isn't about the two managers: “It’s not about me and Chris, is it? He’ll know full well about me and I know about his team. We’ll watch them all week in terms of our analysis and he’ll do exactly the same.

“I’m delighted he’s doing well, he’s a bit like me. I didn’t do all the coaching with Tottenham, but he got his job, he did well, then he got the tin tack, then he did well again. I’m glad he’s doing well again because he’s a lovely fella.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here