Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich fan here - looking forward to Saturday

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Fortunately, we found out that you're an idiot that knows nothing about football.

Or we put in a fantastic performance against a good team, missing a few key players. If we can steer clear of injuries and suspensions, I think we can compete in this league.

The spine of our side was never as bad as our lowly league position last season, however our revived attacking options don't mean we are the finished article either.

Top of the league, enjoy it while it lasts.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Or we put in a fantastic performance against a good team, missing a few key players.
Which positions were they missing?

If we can steer clear of injuries and suspensions, I think we can compete in this league.
I hope that's an understatement. We've got some real depth across most of it. It's the two central positions where we seem to have least cover, I wonder how Crofts is getting along.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Which positions were they missing?

I hope that's an understatement. We've got some real depth across most of it. It's the two central positions where we seem to have least cover, I wonder how Crofts is getting along.

Murphy, Berra, Bialkowski (on the bench after compassionate leave) we look like we may have more depth than them.

Our left side, could still be a weakness. Kaz is already on four bookings, as well as on fine form. Bong had added a new dimension to the team going forward and whilst we have capable deputies defensively, if he wasn't available we may not have the same options going forward. Also you can never have enough goal scoring options. A couple of blanks from our strikers and people will be fretting again.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is this clown is going to troll the message board of every team we play this season?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Is this clown is going to troll the message board of every team we play this season?

:lolol:

DarrenBHAFC said:

Brighton fan here in peace.

Some on here appear to have a bit of a chip on their shoulders. Is it because you have a superiority complex?

Half of your team will be wandering around like premier league Charlie big bollocks players whereas the Albion players have the hunger and the fight in them still.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I didn't realise Hull haven't beaten us at home since the 60's!

And I still remember big spending "progessive" Hull City winning 1-2 in the sixties. Amongst the every Saturday dross of the Third Division back in the late sixties, just two opposing teams stood out. Hull City and QPR with Rodney Marsh.

It still took Hull longer than us to reach the top flight.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I didn't realise Hull haven't beaten us at home since the 60's!

I am sure we lost at home to them mid or late seventies 1-2? I think it was the only time I saw billy bremner play- maybe I'm making that up???

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I am sure we lost at home to them mid or late seventies 1-2? I think it was the only time I saw billy bremner play- maybe I'm making that up???

He was listed in the Hull City line-up in the programme for the match at the Goldstone on September 10 1977. Don't know if he actually played, but the result was a 2-1 win for Brighton.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

He was listed in the Hull City line-up in the programme for the match at the Goldstone on September 10 1977. Don't know if he actually played, but the result was a 2-1 win for Brighton.
Thanks for that.. Fairly sure he did play. Really interested in how my mind works.. I couldn't remember to book a flight to Edinburgh yesterday, but can remember details from a nothing match in the mid-seventies!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here