** iPhone 5S/5C/6 !? **

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So Bozza, when is it out? Ie when is the iPhone 5 gonna be available cheaper? ;)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So Bozza, when is it out? Ie when is the iPhone 5 gonna be available cheaper? ;)

You can pre-order the 5C from the 13th, available on the 20th.

You can get the 5S on the 20th - no pre-ordering. This is completely bizarre and I can only guess it's to ensure queues outside Apple stores that morning.

The 5 is being discontinued so cheap ones will only be those that people want to clear out.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You can pre-order the 5C from the 13th, available on the 20th.

You can get the 5S on the 20th - no pre-ordering. This is completely bizarre and I can only guess it's to ensure queues outside Apple stores that morning.

The 5 is being discontinued so cheap ones will only be those that people want to clear out.

Thanks...

Also, I assume these new iPhones have the same adapter thing as the 5? I know people had to change all their add ons from the 4 to the 5....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm struggling to decide if the champagne coloured phone looks naff or not. What do others think?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
To make it as simple as possible, there are two options and probably the only two networks worth using, if you use large amounts of data:

Three:
Great internet speeds (in town/city centres), good prices (£16.00 p/m for 'the one plan' which includes tethering) and plenty of stores around to go into if you need some easy help. No roaming charges for minutes/texts/data.
Awful customer service (on the phone), best prices mean you're tied into a 12/24 months contract and most importantly, little/no signal in rural areas.

Giffgaff:
Great signal coverage (on o2 network), PAYG, truly unlimited (no tethering), no contract, good cash back schemes. Cheap at £12.00 p/m no contract PAYG.
Tough customer service (ask a question online and get s response within 48 hours), no tethering, speeds not as fast.

I'm sure there are plenty more pro's/con's for both networks, the above is all I can think of in 2 minutes!

I live in a rural area and Three is the only one that works here. :shrug:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm struggling to decide if the champagne coloured phone looks naff or not. What do others think?

It's the only colour to go for.

How else will casual observers know you've spent a ridiculous amount of money on a phone that is only slightly different to the one before?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The picture which says 'blazing fast' and 'console graphics' is of the 5C, which has the same A6 chip as the iPhone 5.

so it doesnt have the 64bits? i need the 64bits one.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Very disappointed. Having changed to the Galaxy S4 after having iPhones or about 6 years I was hoping this would tempt me back, I'll be ticking with my S4.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I cant help but think Apple have got their pricing way out for the 5c. A nexus 4 16GB is now £199 on google play, that is a fantastic deal....

I have one in my hand, my brother just bought it and gave it to me for a couple of days to try it out, to see if i prefer it to an iphone. It's still android, therefore woeful to use, it's also unsecure. I'll give you an example, I downloaded an App for it that was supposed to be a better 'keyboard' than the google one. I installed it, and then the phone was awash with advertising, the chrome Internet browser had its default search engine reset to some nefarious one, the home page was also changed. Three separate apps then appeared on the desktop, one for music downloads, one for movie downloads and one for betting. This is my problem with google android, it is not monitored, it's not secure, you can end up with a any sort of malware/intrusions, just by downloading what appears to be a legitimate app for the google play store. And this is supposed to be the pure google product, you might have thought at least this one had some sort of protection. Oh well, I shall give it back to my brother, he likes having to muck about with stuff to get it to work.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's the only colour to go for.

How else will casual observers know you've spent a ridiculous amount of money on a phone that is only slightly different to the one before?

You're quite right. Otherwise I'd have to ostentatiously and exaggeratedly use the fingerprint recognition button time and time again which will not only get tedious for my friends but for me as well. Much easier to place my phone on the pub table and sit back with a 'look at my sh1t' smirk on my face.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Well, that whole announcement was very MEH. I wanted to be convinced to stay with iPhones but price and lack of interesting changes (interesting to my needs) have completely convinced me to switch.

Luckily I'm not too fussed about lack of camera ability to HTC One seems to be the choice.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well, that whole announcement was very MEH. I wanted to be convinced to stay with iPhones but price and lack of interesting changes (interesting to my needs) have completely convinced me to switch.

Luckily I'm not too fussed about lack of camera ability to HTC One seems to be the choice.

Does it come down to the price then? Because the HTC One does not have any better features than the iPhone does it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports