Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** iPhone 5S/5C/6 !? **

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Updated to the new software on iPhone 5 today....it's a bit girls colour wise tbh

D

Deleted member 18477

32gb 5c delivered today. still restoring from old 3gs but looks/feels good. Desperate for my Otterbox defender case coming from USA; should be here by tuesday apparently. :)

What made you go for the 5c? Extra storage more important than the latest model i take it for you?

Im still debating which one to go for!

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
What made you go for the 5c? Extra storage more important than the latest model i take it for you?

Im still debating which one to go for!

Yep. 3GS battery going, lots music stored, out of contract, and new phone going in robust case. Didn't want to fork out over £200 up front for 5s either, and EE business offered good deal on this BHA coloured one..
Compared it to a 4/4s last night and consensus was much better. Nice robust feel to it.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
9 million units sold over the first weekend. Another of modern life's phenomena that completely baffles me. Not knocking anyone for owning/buying one, but why the desperate sense of urgency to acquire a step upgrade ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
9 million units sold over the first weekend. Another of modern life's phenomena that completely baffles me. Not knocking anyone for owning/buying one, but why the desperate sense of urgency to acquire a step upgrade ?

It's mental isnt it? How does this fair with previous luanches and does it look like Apple are the daddy again (I thought some other phone/phone company overtook them)?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It's mental isnt it? How does this fair with previous luanches and does it look like Apple are the daddy again (I thought some other phone/phone company overtook them)?

Previous launch was 5 million, but China was a separate launch date. Factor in China and you are looking at 7 million units for comparison.

screen-shot-2013-09-23-at-7-06-05-am.png

Guess where most of them went ?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Popped into a Carphone Warehouse on the way to work on the off chance, expecting nothing but got a 32gb 5s in Space Grey. It's like my 5, but in grey. Who knew?

The Touch ID sensor is very impressively implemented though. Even the Apple haters in the office were genuinely wowed at how it works.

We'll soon be thinking back to the day when people either had unprotected phones or swiped and entered a PIN and think of it as old-fashioned.

If I a 4S or older I would have upgraded like a shot but I've got a 5 and had planned to hang on until the 6 comes out. What made you decide to go for the 5S when there seems to be minimal difference between it and the 5? Does the better processor make that much difference? Is it really worth upgrading for the fingerprint scanner?

D

Deleted member 18477

Anyone know what the availability of the iPhone 5s is like in the apple shop in Brighton recently?

Looking to buy a 16gb in gold...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here