** iPhone 5S/5C/6 !? **

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Having had android for few years and iPhones last 2 years can say without any doubt that android is a better user experience . So many things beats iphone on . Next phone will go back to the dark side for sure,

Having also used android for 2 years and iOS for 2, I can say without doubt that android is a terrible user experience. So many things iOS beats android on. :jester:

Seriously though, it might have just been htc but the android phone I had was shit. Endless problems.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Apple's live event kicks off at 6pm tonight.

Doubt they will have many/any surprises for us due to the many leaks we've had.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
An Otterbox Defender for my 3gs. Just about the best you can buy (for builders) i think.

All the time.

Quite. Mines been in bucket of wallpaper paste amongst other things, and is with me on site every minute of every day. It's immaculate when case is off/being changed.

At the end of the day, it's a functioning smartphone that gets me on the net, and pick up emails etc. The case keeps it doing that, and also makes it that less attractive to thieves. That it syncs across all my Apple stuff at home without issue is also a primary concern. Looks are not.
If i can get the same case for a 5c, then i'm in.

Same here. What case do you have? I bought one and its awful!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd ask on this already phone-based one.

I'm with 02 and will swap to HTC One (just fancy a change). Three is considerably cheaper than O2 and even at the cheaper price provides me with unlimited data usage compared to O2's 1gb (which I can quite easily use).

So, three would tick the boxes for me, but is anyone here with them? I've just always natually gone with O2 but seems silly if three appears to be such a better deal.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd ask on this already phone-based one.

I'm with 02 and will swap to HTC One (just fancy a change). Three is considerably cheaper than O2 and even at the cheaper price provides me with unlimited data usage compared to O2's 1gb (which I can quite easily use).

So, three would tick the boxes for me, but is anyone here with them? I've just always natually gone with O2 but seems silly if three appears to be such a better deal.

I was with three until a year ago and I had no problems with them. I only changed as I got a better deal elsewhere. I found their mobile data no problem at the Amex unlike now with t mobile. But that was before the expansion so that may have changed.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Three are the only company I've ever seriously considered pursuing legal action against - I'm not even kidding. Three are great if:
1) You want to not have any signal, ever
2) received three weeks worth of texts on some idle tuesday
3) None of your text to send and
4) None of your calls to connect.

The internet was quite good on it though.. but as a provider. Woeful.

I'm sure people won't want to hear this as I'll be called another wanker with an apple product but I have an iPhone 5 now and it's basically brilliant. I have all my emails, can skype/video call, text, browse the net using 3G or wifi, listening to podcasts, and carry around my fairly substantial music library and it's never gone wrong, broken, frozen etc

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

I have got the HTC one on three. The phone, in my opinion, is fantastic and I''ve never had any problems with the service on three.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

To make it as simple as possible, there are two options and probably the only two networks worth using, if you use large amounts of data:

Three:
Great internet speeds (in town/city centres), good prices (£16.00 p/m for 'the one plan' which includes tethering) and plenty of stores around to go into if you need some easy help. No roaming charges for minutes/texts/data.
Awful customer service (on the phone), best prices mean you're tied into a 12/24 months contract and most importantly, little/no signal in rural areas.

Giffgaff:
Great signal coverage (on o2 network), PAYG, truly unlimited (no tethering), no contract, good cash back schemes. Cheap at £12.00 p/m no contract PAYG.
Tough customer service (ask a question online and get s response within 48 hours), no tethering, speeds not as fast.

I'm sure there are plenty more pro's/con's for both networks, the above is all I can think of in 2 minutes!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Wow. Thanks for all the feedback. Certainly something for me to think about.

I think I really want unlimited data as it just frustrates me to be walking around with (basically) a computer in your hand and feel slightly tied down with browsing/downloading.

albionite

May 20, 2009
To make it as simple as possible, there are two options and probably the only two networks worth using, if you use large amounts of data:

Three:
Great internet speeds (in town/city centres), good prices (£16.00 p/m for 'the one plan' which includes tethering) and plenty of stores around to go into if you need some easy help. No roaming charges for minutes/texts/data.
Awful customer service (on the phone), best prices mean you're tied into a 12/24 months contract and most importantly, little/no signal in rural areas.

Giffgaff:
Great signal coverage (on o2 network), PAYG, truly unlimited (no tethering), no contract, good cash back schemes. Cheap at £12.00 p/m no contract PAYG.
Tough customer service (ask a question online and get s response within 48 hours), no tethering, speeds not as fast.

I'm sure there are plenty more pro's/con's for both networks, the above is all I can think of in 2 minutes!

Just moved over to Three and have to say their coverage is on par with vodaphone in rural areas. Not used customer services yet so have that to look forward to, but any down side is worth it for £8 cheaper a month for all you can eat data.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Just moved over to Three and have to say their coverage is on par with vodaphone in rural areas. Not used customer services yet so have that to look forward to, but any down side is worth it for £8 cheaper a month for all you can eat data.

Do 3 now use 2g network when in rural areas or is it still 3g only?
I have considered 3 a few times due to speeds/tethering, however I live out in rural Glos so signal isn't the best.

That said, if I lived back in Brighton, I'd be with 3 as I think 4g is coming to Brighton within the next 12 months?

albionite

May 20, 2009
I have considered 3 a few times due to speeds/tethering, however I live out in rural Glos so signal isn't the best.

That said, if I lived back in Brighton, I'd be with 3 as I think 4g is coming to Brighton within the next 12 months?

You could always try their 1 month rolling contract to find out if they are any good in your area. They use the O2 network now and not orange so coverage has improved vastly.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
5S with 'Touch ID Sensor'...

ja8uvabe.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is the new iOS7 going to be released today? I keep seeing different articles sometimes saying 'autumn/fall' and others saying september 10th. Others say beta and other testings are out early.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is the new iOS7 going to be released today? I keep seeing different articles sometimes saying 'autumn/fall' and others saying september 10th. Others say beta and other testings are out early.

Public release is likely to be a few days before the new phone hits the shops - something like the 17/18th.

I live 10 miles outside of Cambridge, pretty rural (although not Glos rural!), and I practically never have 3G signal - but the 2G signal (or it might be 2.5G) is decent enough and plenty fast enough to live stream music (from Google Play, SoundCloud, etc.) and stream YouTube videos.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports