The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
The iWatch is coming

apple iwatch 02.pngapple iwatch 04.png

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I have always put my iPhones in a case, and as such always charge a premium when I sell mine on. Scratches reduce the resell value. Simples.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Interesting article, Darren. It does make more sense than a 4s/5C/5s marketing because of the lightning port. The only issue with moving to a full 5 product launch is the size. I know a number of people who haven't moved from their 4/4s because they don't like the size of the 5.

10th September is going to be interesting.

D

Deleted member 18477

Really interested in the spec of the iphone 5c... i always put a case on my phones anyway as im always picking it up and putting it down on a desk and drop it occasionally as well so not bothered so much about the look of the back/sides of phone.

Any details out there on spec of iphone 5c?

iphone 5s rumoured to have a new A7 processor and will replace iphone 5 on shelves... so will iphone 5c have the A5 of the 4s or A6 of the 5? Cant see it having the A7.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can someone just tell me what day NSC will be closed? That's all I really need to know.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
10th September

Thanks. I wonder if we might expect a two day shutdown this time around, starting on the 9th September.

In tribute to the magnitude of the occasion, amongst other things.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Either apple are saving any major changes until the iphone 6 or they are running out of ideas.
Certainly won't be upgrading to the 5s on the basis of that report.
More excited about the software upgrade to be honest.

D

Deleted member 18477

Thanks. I wonder if we might expect a two day shutdown this time around, starting on the 9th September.

In tribute to the magnitude of the occasion, amongst other things.

It's probably a good idea. David Cameron is expected to announce a special 2 day bank holiday weekend for the 9th and 10th September...

D

Deleted member 18477

Either apple are saving any major changes until the iphone 6 or they are running out of ideas.
Certainly won't be upgrading to the 5s on the basis of that report.
More excited about the software upgrade to be honest.

Depends what phone you currently have... i wouldnt upgrade if i had an iphone 5 or maybe even a 4s...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's probably a good idea. David Cameron is expected to announce a special 2 day bank holiday weekend for the 9th and 10th September...

Just a hunch that I have :wink:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Really interested in the spec of the iphone 5c.

Any details out there on spec of iphone 5c?

iphone 5s rumoured to have a new A7 processor and will replace iphone 5 on shelves... so will iphone 5c have the A5 of the 4s or A6 of the 5? Cant see it having the A7.

Same here, I'll almost definitely be going for the 5C over the 5S.

There's conflicting reports (rumours) as to whether the 5C will have the internals of a 4S or 5.

I'm thinking the C will have the internals of the 5.
Apple have confirmed that they are continuing the iPhone 4/S line due to constantly good sales and discontinuing the 5 (presumably) to be directly replaced by the 5C with the top-end model being the 5S.

The 5S is almost guaranteed to have an improved display, processor, casing materials, camera and introducing the finger-print scanner.

I'm guessing the 5C will share a mixed bag of components between the 4S and 5, not include the finger-print scanner and no camera upgrade.

D

Deleted member 18477

Same here, I'll almost definitely be going for the 5C over the 5S.

There's conflicting reports (rumours) as to whether the 5C will have the internals of a 4S or 5.

I'm thinking the C will have the internals of the 5.
Apple have confirmed that they are continuing the iPhone 4/S line due to constantly good sales and discontinuing the 5 (presumably) to be directly replaced by the 5C with the top-end model being the 5S.

The 5S is almost guaranteed to have an improved display, processor, casing materials, camera and introducing the finger-print scanner.

I'm guessing the 5C will share a mixed bag of components between the 4S and 5, not include the finger-print scanner and no camera upgrade.

Sounds good enough for me! I can't say I'm bothered about a finger print scanner and the camera's these days are pretty decent anyway - can't say I'm a happy snapper who takes thousands of photos!

What will draw me in is the price... If its not actually that much lower then I may go iPhone 5s. But if the iPhone 5c is quite a bit cheaper then I may purchase... I'm looking to get back to apple from a Samsung galaxy s3 which is good but I personally love iTunes and the apple operating system - use my iPad mainly when at home.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I also can't really see why apple would make a handset identical to the iphone 5 as a budget model but with poorer build quality, when the iphone 5, with incredible build quality, already exists. I'd expect them to discontinue the 4/4S models, introduce the 5C as a low-end model (less powerful, less features than the iPhone 5), keep the iphone 5 as a mid-range model, and then have the flagship 5S as the top-of-the-line model. Having the 5C with the same spec as the 5 doesn't make sense, people would just buy the 5.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Sounds good enough for me! I can't say I'm bothered about a finger print scanner and the camera's these days are pretty decent anyway - can't say I'm a happy snapper who takes thousands of photos!

What will draw me in is the price... If its not actually that much lower then I may go iPhone 5s. But if the iPhone 5c is quite a bit cheaper then I may purchase... I'm looking to get back to apple from a Samsung galaxy s3 which is good but I personally love iTunes and the apple operating system - use my iPad mainly when at home.

Same again, I don't need the best camera on the market or a finger print scanner. I also temporarily switched to the S3 earlier in the year and after 6 weeks or so trying to adapt to it, it was back on eBay and sold never to be seen again.

Guessing the price brackets for the 2 new phones are:

5S - From £529 (moving into the same price-band the iPhone 5 is currently in)
5C - From £319 (moving into the same price-band the iPhone 4 is currently in)

wowza the plastic back on that 5C looks :eek: terrible...

I like it! Brings me back to the original iPods!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Same again, I don't need the best camera on the market or a finger print scanner. I also temporarily switched to the S3 earlier in the year and after 6 weeks or so trying to adapt to it, it was back on eBay and sold never to be seen again.

Guessing the price brackets for the 2 new phones are:

5S - From £529 (moving into the same price-band the iPhone 5 is currently in)
5C - From £319 (moving into the same price-band the iPhone 4 is currently in)

I like it! Brings me back to the original iPods!

But would you not prefer an iPhone 5 over a plastic 5C (which looks like it will scratch to pieces)? considering they would probably cost around the same ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here