Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Introducing The Tunnel Club...

Sorry, it's a no from me. This epitomises everything that is wrong with the game today. Souless, corporate fleecing. "Look at me, look at how much money I can spend to get a selfie from near to the tunnel." It is wrong, it is plastic, corporate greed. Yet another step away from the fanbase that stood on terraces and kept this club going when it was on its arse back in the bad old days. As we approach a cup semi-final, have we really become such a money obsessed leech of a club that we feel we need to do this? I know we have to adapt if we are going to maintain a position in this league, but f*** it seems like we are becoming everything I hate about modern football.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
I was invited into a corporate box for one home game but I hated it. I couldn't wait for the final whistle so i could go and join my mates for after match Harvey's under the stands. I wont be doing it again.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I've always been a bit wary of one way glass...

I once ate at a nice restaurant in Darwin (Oz!) where the men's urinals were very clear one-way glass. On t'other side, about a metre away from one's privates, were couples enjoying their outdoor dining experience. Oz outback humour 🤦‍♂️😂. Anyone else been there?

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Sorry, it's a no from me. This epitomises everything that is wrong with the game today. Souless, corporate fleecing. "Look at me, look at how much money I can spend to get a selfie from near to the tunnel." It is wrong, it is plastic, corporate greed. Yet another step away from the fanbase that stood on terraces and kept this club going when it was on its arse back in the bad old days. As we approach a cup semi-final, have we really become such a money obsessed leech of a club that we feel we need to do this? I know we have to adapt if we are going to maintain a position in this league, but f*** it seems like we are becoming everything I hate about modern football.
I totally understand where you're coming from, and this isn't for me at all. Can't imagine anything I'd less enjoy at the Amex...but I don't think it's fair to be so harsh on the club. They have to operate in a way that's financially sustainable in an insanely unsustainable league - if this helps with that, potentially gets more sponsorship, enables season ticket prices to have minimal increases, goes in some way towards supporting the work of AITC, contributes towards flex in the wage structure of players, brings in more revenue so more staff from the local community can be employed or paid more...well...I'm all for all of that.

And that's probably why it's happening because we have a pretty unique leadership team. It's incredibly unlikely this is being done so Tony Bloom can take out £250k a year from it into his bank account. But frankly, even if that was the reason it was happening I'd be fine with it considering what he's put in. So while I don't particularly love the idea of it, I do love the idea of how it'll enable the club to at least stand still as costs escalate, potentially it'll enable them to keep growing, and all with no impact at all on my own enjoyment or experience or expense. If people want to pay for it good luck to them - that doesn't diminish anyone else though.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I have been in 1901 several times and think it is excellent. Whilst I do sometimes think it is something I should have considered would not do now because have equally good view from East Upper and after so many years there we know everybody round us. Hospitality is a big part of football now and think Albion have the balance right and do it well. Appreciate we are getting great football but my only objection is increase revenue goes on players and senior staff and very little on fans.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Same! It’s my first time corporate at a football match, I do wonder just how good the quality will be (and more importantly how much I can make use of the free bar before they become openly judgemental).
When someone enquires on the day whether this is your first corporate experience that’s an indicator that you’ve only got 5 pints left

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
1) blame greedy players and agents. Dunky will be due another contract increase soon you’d expect
2) fans want to try and keep our best players / pay higher wages - the club needs to generate income.

Doesn’t bother me, won’t affect my match day experience in any way

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Bordering on obsessive.
There are always tales of punch ups in the tunnel and I can't imagine any club wanting those scenes getting on youtube.
I wonder whether they've got curtains or they're made from the glass that can be switched to black (can't remember the word i'm looking for)
For me, that would be the only attraction. A close-up view of the 'You Need 7' if they are ever called into action.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Each to their own. Bound to be popular for special occasions and with the tourists but I can't help but feel this level of voyeuristic access to players is a bit creepy.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
If it's anything like my experience at the cricket at Hove, you'll have to be actively falling over before anybody cares enough to be even vaguely judgemental.
I did the spurs game at Wembley in hospitality, and we were hanging and it was clear we supported Brighton no one gave a damn.

It was OK but give me the cheap seat anytime.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Ah, we’ve come a long way from the Goldstone, haven’t we…

“Our most immersive hospitality experience, The Back Passage Club, is opening for the start of the 1995/6 season!

“Members will have an exclusive window into the matchday experience, with only a small area of concrete run-off separating the overflowing urinals from the horsemeat burger grill. Not only this, but we’ve partnered with Maeve and Doris from Peacehaven Chippie to provide dubious-looking saveloys for special evening games.

“Albion's head dogsbody Bob Smith said, “The Back Passage Club experience will give fans a chance to really wade deep into the Albion experience, and leave with a lasting impression on their shoes. Nothing beats the sensation of biting into an undercooked flange of grey-ish meat-based product while surrounded by fellow fans taking a lager-fueled piss.”
those urinals were something else eh....?? half time carnage :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
£8,950 a season plus £2,500 member fee.

Minimum signing up period is three years.

More expensive than The Tunnel Club I went to in Hamburg a few years ago, and that lasted about 30 seconds :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here