Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Introducing The Tunnel Club...

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Bordering on obsessive.
There are always tales of punch ups in the tunnel and I can't imagine any club wanting those scenes getting on youtube.
I wonder whether they've got curtains or they're made from the glass that can be switched to black (can't remember the word i'm looking for)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I hope Steven does a mean prawn sandwich.
4427BCE7-0815-43E3-B247-91F65504F6E8.jpeg

It’s the marmite bread signature dish that would attract me (with seaweed butter). Possibly the best bread I have ever eaten.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Brighton must have one of the highest, if not the highest, “premium season tickets” to regular season ticket ratios. Anyone know how many 1901, Dug Out, Tunnel Club, Executive Box tickets we have in total?
By my reckoning, there are around 1800 such seats in the West stand middle tier, 400 west stand lower, 400 east stand and around 300 in the SW corner. Plus there are 21 boxes which seat 10, apart from one which seats 20. I think the Dugout is maybe another 40. Of course not all seats/boxes are sold to season ticket holders. Plus there is the Amex lounge in the SE corner which can seat up to 100, but as far as I know, no season ticket are sold for that area. So in total just over 3000 season tickets I'd estimate.

Is this the Tunnel Club, in the unsalubrius surroundings of the Kent side of thr Blackwall Tunnel, that I used to frequent a long time ago to enjoy pub rock bands like Blues'n' Trouble , Wilko Johnson and Sussex legends the Drivers???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
All a bit WANKY, isn't it ?

Whats the obsession with some fans to get "up close" with the players ? Reminds me of the insufferable DILBERTS who crowd the Liverpool / Chelsea / Man City coach (delete as applicable) when it arrives at the Amex, just to catch a GLIMPSE of some disinterested herbert sporting giant headphones scuttling from the bus to the door, phone in hand, almost wetting themselves to get a blurry pic of 'whoever'.

I mean christ. Go in and get a drink, you'll have 90 minutes watching them soon anyway ya SADDOS

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Its a shame this, like (as I understand it) the dugout is not available at all for match to match purchases. Sure it'd cost a bomb but I'd happily fork out the money one time for the experience. No chance in hell of me paying for this for a whole season though (even if I could afford it).

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
If the sales from this kind of match day experience keep the ordinary ticket prices lower then I'm all for it. It's definitely something I'd turn my nose up but would probably enjoy it for a one off experience just for the novelty.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Fair enough not really for me, probably will make us a load of money. Not an authentic football experience in my personal opinion, not something I’d desire, but if that’s your thing then fine. Can we please have some outdoor toilets next.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Not for me either. Now if they had a premium experience where you could get whisked in and out of the ground on a 1901-branded monorail without having to brave the whims of Southern Fail then I might be interested…

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I'll see what Wembley has to offer on Sunday. Got invited by a friend to one of the corporate lounges on the half way line for the match with apparently a free bar and 5 course meal before the game, and food and free drinks after it. Will report back once I've had my prawn sandwiches.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'll see what Wembley has to offer on Sunday. Got invited by a friend to one of the corporate lounges on the half way line for the match with apparently a free bar and 5 course meal before the game, and food and free drinks after it. Will report back once I've had my prawn sandwiches.
Same! It’s my first time corporate at a football match, I do wonder just how good the quality will be (and more importantly how much I can make use of the free bar before they become openly judgemental).

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Same! It’s my first time corporate at a football match, I do wonder just how good the quality will be (and more importantly how much I can make use of the free bar before they become openly judgemental).
If it's anything like my experience at the cricket at Hove, you'll have to be actively falling over before anybody cares enough to be even vaguely judgemental.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
There’s quite a few Guardian readers ..
Being a Guardian reader, I wouldn’t be at all interested in the Tunnel Club. An essential integral part of my match day experience is queueing for the loos in WSU at half time….. and then there’s all those stairs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here