Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interest in FA Cup Final DVD's?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yup, one over here please. Something to show the grandkids in 2025.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Easy 10 said:
Yup, one over here please. Something to show the grandkids in 2025.

You'll be laughed at like we laughed at those who had betamax.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
One for me please

OK - I get the message. Lots! :lolol: Please bear with me as this will take a long time. I'm going to experiment with 2 DVD burners simultaneously which will hopefully half the time but we are still looking at 200 DVD's to be burnt. I will make an executive decision and leave out the replay as there won't be much demand. I think I can have the build up on 1 disk, the game on another, Extra Time and the Semi on another and the Liverpool one on a 4th. This will make a nice 4 disk set and at £15, should clear approx £11-12 a piece for A&K. I will do the replay if requested but it won't be part of the boxset.

I'll order the disks later - I'll probably use the new Tuffdisks which are supposed to be 20 times more scratch proof. Unless requested, I will use DVD-R disks which are supposed to work in 96.1% of DVD players.

I'll post a new thread when they are ready (several weeks probably).

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
One for me too please

I've got the original on Betamax and the VHS version from the club shop, so a DVD will complete the set.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Count me in for at least 1 copy when they are done. I might have solved the dilema of what to get my Dad for Fathers Day too, although I need to check if he has joined the modern era and got a DVD player yet.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
One for me, too - and if you need covers laser printed in colour, give me a shout and it can be arranged.
:clap2:

Put me down for a copy TGC, fantastic work! Are you also doing a Wolves game then?

If you are interested in extending your project a little, I have other games from the 83 cup run: the 3rd round Newcastle (20mins, MOTD), 4th round thrashing of Man C (20mins, MOTD), 6th round Norwich (25mins, TVS) with amazing scenes of the Goldstone heaving with 30k inside, also a bizzare preview programme involving interviews with Dora Bryan, Jean Bamber and Jimmy Melia's model girlfriend, plus interviews with club stalwarts like Glen Wilson. Quality not great as it's already a copy, but I'm happy to lend it to you if you want to be more "completist" on the 83 cup run.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
The Great Cornholio said:
I currently have my hands on a little video goldmine and the owner is happy for me to offer them on DVD with all profits going to A&K. I'm currently converting them as we speak but wanted to gauge interest so I know how many to burn. It will probably be a 4 or 5 DVD set and contains the following :-

TVS highlights of the Semi Final v Sheff Wed (1 hour in total - about 20-25 minutes actual highlights as well as interviews with Melia & Robinson)

Complete Grandstand coverage including full build up. (This was when BBC cared about football - I think coverage started at 11am. It includes goals from the Replay win at Newcastle and Man City at home. David Icke before he went loopy reporting from the hotel. A Question of Sport special. Travel to the game on the helicopter. A review of the season with Mark McGhee singing after winning the Cup Winners cup. Lots of viewers requests for favourite sporting moments - Bob Beamon, Man U v Benfica 1968 etc. And loads, loads more. (I'm watching it as we speak!). And, of course, the match itself in full.

/cough/ Full coverage of the replay

Moving swiftly on,

Finally - full coverage of the 1984 FA Cup win over Liverpool.

A tidy little haul, I'm sure you'll agree. As I said, I'm converting them at the moment which will take a while. Until I work out how many disks will be needed, I can't really price it but I would guess we are looking at about £15 - £20. I will take out the cost of postage, packing and DVD's and the rest will go to Alive & Kicking. This rare footage needs preserving so what better way than to spread it about and help the club at the same time.

All I want now is a rough estimate of how many people would be interested as there will be a lot of DVD burning involved. I will post full details when I finish converting and have a stock to work from.

PS - Just had Savel of the Season on, one of which was Eric Steele on loan at Cardiff - yet more nostalgia!

Sign me up please TGC! Would gladly pay £20 for one of them :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here