Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interest in FA Cup Final DVD's?

I currently have my hands on a little video goldmine and the owner is happy for me to offer them on DVD with all profits going to A&K. I'm currently converting them as we speak but wanted to gauge interest so I know how many to burn. It will probably be a 4 or 5 DVD set and contains the following :-

TVS highlights of the Semi Final v Sheff Wed (1 hour in total - about 20-25 minutes actual highlights as well as interviews with Melia & Robinson)

Complete Grandstand coverage including full build up. (This was when BBC cared about football - I think coverage started at 11am. It includes goals from the Replay win at Newcastle and Man City at home. David Icke before he went loopy reporting from the hotel. A Question of Sport special. Travel to the game on the helicopter. A review of the season with Mark McGhee singing after winning the Cup Winners cup. Lots of viewers requests for favourite sporting moments - Bob Beamon, Man U v Benfica 1968 etc. And loads, loads more. (I'm watching it as we speak!). And, of course, the match itself in full.

/cough/ Full coverage of the replay

Moving swiftly on,

Finally - full coverage of the 1984 FA Cup win over Liverpool.

A tidy little haul, I'm sure you'll agree. As I said, I'm converting them at the moment which will take a while. Until I work out how many disks will be needed, I can't really price it but I would guess we are looking at about £15 - £20. I will take out the cost of postage, packing and DVD's and the rest will go to Alive & Kicking. This rare footage needs preserving so what better way than to spread it about and help the club at the same time.

All I want now is a rough estimate of how many people would be interested as there will be a lot of DVD burning involved. I will post full details when I finish converting and have a stock to work from.

PS - Just had Savel of the Season on, one of which was Eric Steele on loan at Cardiff - yet more nostalgia!

Re: Re: Interest in FA Cup Final DVD's?

Crawley Boy said:
They own the copyright then do they?

There is always one. I am fully aware of the copyright issues. These are not commercial videos - they are recorded straight from TV. I am not profiting and I am preserving a piece of history.

Strange you didn't feel the need to point this out on other threads about much more recent games such as the Play Off Final which are being offered for the profit of the seller.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Wow! Sounds great. It sounds like good value to me and I'll definitely take one.

Unless of course Crawley Boy reports me to the police.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Re: Re: Re: Interest in FA Cup Final DVD's?

The Great Cornholio said:
There is always one. I am fully aware of the copyright issues. These are not commercial videos - they are recorded straight from TV. I am not profiting and I am preserving a piece of history.

Strange you didn't feel the need to point this out on other threads about much more recent games such as the Play Off Final which are being offered for the profit of the seller.

I think if you read it it says profits going to A&K if i actually sell any.

Last edited:

six_yard_punisha said:
Wow! Sounds great. It sounds like good value to me and I'll definitely take one.

Unless of course Crawley Boy reports me to the police.

I wonder how many recorded videos he has - it is illegal to keep them in theory. :lolol:

I will never sell anything that is still on sale or for my own profit. I'm sure there are far worse copyright infringements than preserving 22 year old footage of Grandstand. If it makes people feel better, I'll remove the replay DVD as you can buy that on DVD! :lolol: A big sacrifice, I know.

BTW - Boys in the Old Brighton Blue on in the background as the cameras wait for the boys to get on the heliicopter - As I speak! Marvellous scenes I haven't seen for 22 years. :clap2: :clap2:

Edit - Bobby Robson presenting Young Player of the Year to - IAN RUSH! :eek: God, I feel old. :lolol:

Last edited:

I also now have permission to name the owner of these gems - a Big Up to :-

ERNEST!!!!!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I always said he was a fine chap! :lolol: Seriously, this is much appreciated - I'm sure not many people at the time had the ability to record the whole coverage so this is fairly rare and needs preserving.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:clap2: i'm interested

can't pay until the end of the month mind

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Dunno what the quality of your footage is like but I also have the video recording of the TV coverage. Love the bit with the jack russells on the pitch. So if it could be of any use let me know.

Braders7 said:
:clap2: i'm interested

can't pay until the end of the month mind

Won't be ready for a while - I'm converting at the moment and will then have a lot of burning to do. I will order some DVD cases when I know how many disks will be in each set - I can get a case that holds 4 DVD's for 20p or 6 DVD's for 40p.

I'll post full details when they are ready- I just wanted rough numbers so I know how many DVD's and cases to order.

The quality so far is excellent BTW. Considering the videos are 22 years old, it is outstanding..

I hadn't remembered how much Tony Grealish looked like he should be in Lord of The Rings. Scary stuff! :lolol:

Apart from the poor quality of David Coleman's presenting, this all shows how downhill BBC coverage has gone as well as the reputation of the FA Cup. All the build up with people wearing rosettes. (Michael Fish & Jan Leeming supporting us!) It was a big event then - almost a joke now with reserve teams.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Yes Please!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here