insults -voluntary code to stop them?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If people result to insults they receive an infraction. Multiple infractions will trigger a posting restriction. Multiple posting restrictions become a complete ban.

Strong and vigorous debate is welcome, insults are not.

If you see an insult it, report it using the triangle below the post and allow a moderator to take action. Do not respond in a similar vein as you are likely to be warned as well.

RedRob

come the revolution......
Mar 2, 2013
Pyongyang
If people result to insults they receive an infraction. Multiple infractions will trigger a posting restriction. Multiple posting restrictions become a complete ban.

Strong and vigorous debate is welcome, insults are not.

If you see an insult it, report it using the triangle below the post and allow a moderator to take action. Do not respond in a similar vein as you are likely to be warned as well.

...Is an insult not in the eye of the beholder? Does it not depend how 'thick skinned' one is....?

Some on here(the IN crowd?) get away with more than others......

Jan 30, 2008
...The insults you have to fend off on this site are (almost) enough to put one off wanting to support The Albion!, as you don't really want to believe your own fans are more hostile to you than the average p*lace fan.

Shame on you, young sir :nono:
are you and Hastings gull in the same room pleasuring each other:facepalm:
regards
DR

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
What a load of complete nonsense.

If you don't like the atmosphere or language on this forum then you can leave. I'm struggling to see exactly what gives you the right to expect others to follow your outdated 'code'.

Very sad response if you think that asking folk to avoid unnecessary insults is outdated. I am not expecting anyone to follow any code - this is nonsense, as you know. I am purely asking that folk do not insult each other. I don't object to the atmosphere, whatever that means, in the slightest and really enjoy NSC. We could turn matters on their head, and say why should others follow the code, which you seem to accept, whereby they have to suffer abuse for voicing their opinions?

RedRob

come the revolution......
Mar 2, 2013
Pyongyang
Well, i've just re-read all HG's posts - & tho' not a religious man, I think he might just be 'the second coming'!

so, just in case, "forgive me father for I have sinned...." :bowdown:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I hope you will allow an oldie a moment's self-indulgence! I have just dodged the dreadful showers in Alexandra Park, Hastings and spoken to some super people, who were friendly and affable. I could not help but contrast that with some of the NSC respondent's contributions these last couple of days which are quite offensive to others. Yes, the situation at the Albion is causing stress and strain, but nonetheless, it would be really good if we could all avoid insults aimed at others:

They are invariably unpleasant.
They are almost certainly unnecessary and unsubstantiated.
With the degree of anonymity afforded by such a forum, I suspect that they in any case don't represent the "real you".
The insults display an element of unwelcome arrogance - calling others a xxxx simply because they hold a different view, does not reflect well on respondents.
By all means put your view across with vigour, and, yes, you may find it hard to see the opposite opinion, and there is nothing wrong with saying so, but it does not follow that he/she is a xxxxxxxx

I have read many erudite comments on here this morning, far better than I could put together, and long may it continue, but please let us all avoid wild insults that serve absolutely no purpose.
Many thanks for your patience!
Obviously you didn't go to football in the days of the terrace.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Obviously you didn't go to football in the days of the terrace.

I can't quite see the point that you are making, other than to say that there was bad language -you are quite right in that. Does this make insults on NSC acceptable? is this what you mean?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I hope you will allow an oldie a moment's self-indulgence! I have just dodged the dreadful showers in Alexandra Park, Hastings and spoken to some super people, who were friendly and affable. I could not help but contrast that with some of the NSC respondent's contributions these last couple of days which are quite offensive to others. Yes, the situation at the Albion is causing stress and strain, but nonetheless, it would be really good if we could all avoid insults aimed at others:

With the degree of anonymity afforded by such a forum, I suspect that they in any case don't represent the "real you".
The insults display an element of unwelcome arrogance - calling others a xxxx simply because they hold a different view, does not reflect well on respondents.
By all means put your view across with vigour, and, yes, you may find it hard to see the opposite opinion, and there is nothing wrong with saying so, but it does not follow that he/she is a xxxxxxxx

I have read many erudite comments on here this morning, far better than I could put together, and long may it continue, but please let us all avoid wild insults that serve absolutely no purpose.

If we wanted to read drivel I would buy the Daily Mail

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Fascinating how you now put a different and rather more personally flattering slant on everything, once things are pointed out. Of course I have come across insults before, by the way. You still maintain this arrogant veneer that some people need to be insulted at times, because you need to drive home a point - it needs you to do it to show others how unacceptable they are. Perhaps it might be you that is unacceptable. I am fully aware what the passive voice is, and of course you did not mean yourself at all, did you? All very convenient.
Please read my writings again and think first - I am not calling you arrogant because you disagreed with me at all - that is your right and is precisely what a forum should be about - I am saying to you that is sheer arrogance to state that some people need to be told(with insults) how unacceptable they are.

You ARE calling me arrogant because I disagree with you. To precis one part of our discussion, you've commented that my saying that sometimes a point has to be driven home with an insult is 'sheer arrogance' and gives me an 'arrogant veneer'. You also previously said there were contradictions in my post. There weren't. You can see that but you won't admit it so you resort to waffle and more insults (which is rich!).

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You ARE calling me arrogant because I disagree with you. To precis one part of our discussion, you've commented that my saying that sometimes a point has to be driven home with an insult is 'sheer arrogance' and gives me an 'arrogant veneer'. You also previously said there were contradictions in my post. There weren't. You can see that but you won't admit it so you resort to waffle and more insults (which is rich!).

My friend, you are rather off-track with this. Of course, I am saying that you have an arrogant veneer about you, as you set yourself up to say that a point has to be driven home with an insult -you seem to be rather confused with your use of the capital letters for emphasis. Why do you need to drive a point home with an insult if necessary -what is so superior about your view? Perhaps it is you that might be wrong and the point might not need to be driven home?! Had you thought of this?
Again, read through all the posts - I could not post what I did and then fling an insult myself. Where have I insulted you? To say that you have an arrogant veneer and give a reason for it, is hardly an insult, you know. I appreciate you might think it is all waffle, but I think, with the greatest respect, that you do not quite understand the point I am making.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Am I still allowed to call you lot a bunch of soft southern shandy drinking poofters them?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Am I still allowed to call you lot a bunch of soft southern shandy drinking poofters them?

At your age, granny, you should be utterly ashamed of yourself! On a more serious note, and I do appreciate that your post is tongue in cheek, there is a difference between an insult and political correctness, though one could clearly argue the opposite. To answer your question, I suspect that the use of the word "poofter" these days would be construed as an insult. Perhaps it boils down to the intent behind the use of the word? Anyway, sorry, as I am sure that the last thing you want is to get all deep about what you wrote!

We can all find people sheltering from the weather in parks drinking tennants super but is that how you want the whole of society to conduct themselves:facepalm: Very strange post.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
...Is an insult not in the eye of the beholder? Does it not depend how 'thick skinned' one is....?

Some on here(the IN crowd?) get away with more than others......

I would agree with that totally.

One moderator, in particular, has a habit of insulting anyone who doesn't "tow his line" and generally seems to abuse his power as a "mod" by throwing insults at certain posters who does not conform with his opinions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports