insults -voluntary code to stop them?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RedRob

come the revolution......
Mar 2, 2013
Pyongyang
Fascinating how you now put a different and rather more personally flattering slant on everything, once things are pointed out. Of course I have come across insults before, by the way. You still maintain this arrogant veneer that some people need to be insulted at times, because you need to drive home a point - it needs you to do it to show others how unacceptable they are. Perhaps it might be you that is unacceptable. I am fully aware what the passive voice is, and of course you did not mean yourself at all, did you? All very convenient.
Please read my writings again and think first - I am not calling you arrogant because you disagreed with me at all - that is your right and is precisely what a forum should be about - I am saying to you that is sheer arrogance to state that some people need to be told(with insults) how unacceptable they are.

...'Hastings', old chum, we(BHA) are largely a club supported by arrogant middle-class fans - sad, but true. This is why 'we' are generally not liked by the fans of other clubs, i.e. not exactly 'on their Christmas card list'!

I'm on your side, mate - but you are not going to change NSC.

Jan 30, 2008
Fascinating how you now put a different and rather more personally flattering slant on everything, once things are pointed out. Of course I have come across insults before, by the way. You still maintain this arrogant veneer that some people need to be insulted at times, because you need to drive home a point - it needs you to do it to show others how unacceptable they are. Perhaps it might be you that is unacceptable. I am fully aware what the passive voice is, and of course you did not mean yourself at all, did you? All very convenient.
Please read my writings again and think first - I am not calling you arrogant because you disagreed with me at all - that is your right and is precisely what a forum should be about - I am saying to you that is sheer arrogance to state that some people need to be told(with insults) how unacceptable they are.
are you a vicar:rolleyes:
regards
DR

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
M
...'Hastings', old chum, we(BHA) are largely a club supported by arrogant middle-class fans - sad, but true. This is why 'we' are generally not liked by the fans of other clubs, i.e. not exactly 'on their Christmas card list'!

My, that's a high horse you have there. Were we arrogant at Gillingham and Withdean or is this a more recent thing?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

I think I have already said that I knew what the standard of some replies would be, but thanks for the comment. But one should not be afraid to say so.

RedRob

Mar 2, 2013
Pyongyang
M

My, that's a high horse you have there. Were we arrogant at Gillingham and Withdean or is this a more recent thing?

....Ok - that was a bit of a generalisation - but not without foundation. We weren't exactly complimentary about their area of Kent, were we?

Some of the stuff posted on here is stunningly pompous. I think this forum is up it's own arse....& I'M A FAN. I wonder what it would look/read like to a neuteral?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
To the Hastings Gull: Sir, you seem to be perfectly reasonable, articulate chap - you are therefore doomed to be abused on this godforesaken excuse for a fans' forum.

(Please feel free to have read through the abuse that I got.....for what?)

Maybe for suggesting that this site is full of:

right wing teenagers

right wing middle class reactionaries

small minded 'never been out of Sussex' types

Cowards

The stuff some posters on here subject their fellow fans to is outrageous - would they butt into someone else's conversation at the bar in a busy pub on a saturday night & abuse them?.....I think not.

Don't waste you time.....I don't!

Oh,......& h*ppia OUT!

It's not full of those types, it is just that they are noisier than others. Empty vessels make the most sound, as an old hove park teacher used to say.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
To the Hastings Gull: Sir, you seem to be perfectly reasonable, articulate chap - you are therefore doomed to be abused on this godforesaken excuse for a fans' forum.

(Please feel free to have read through the abuse that I got.....for what?)

Maybe for suggesting that this site is full of:

right wing teenagers

right wing middle class reactionaries

small minded 'never been out of Sussex' types

Cowards

The stuff some posters on here subject their fellow fans to is outrageous - would they butt into someone else's conversation at the bar in a busy pub on a saturday night & abuse them?.....I think not.

Don't waste you time.....I don't!

Oh,......& h*ppia OUT!

You missed out working class far right wingers-------Burke out:moo:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Missed any BUSES lately ? My FRIEND Norman who does the 700 said he LEFT behind a RIGHT tosspot on Saturday :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Well you can tell your friend NORMAN that he had a fist vigorously SHAKEN at him on Saturday. SHAKEN.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
are you a vicar:rolleyes:
regards
DR

Actually, no I am not. I was (a very small) part of an organisation which had to deal with escalating catastrophe when peoples preferred insults to rationale debate, attempts at compromise and tolerance of each others' views.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I could not agree more and some of the comments are quite sad. Yes, they do say more about the poster, and that is what is so sad. Yet, some of the more abusive posts presumably come from the same folk who would otherwise expect to be taken seriously, when Paul Barber reads NSC comments. For me the most poignant was the chap who wrote in to say that he knows, as do I, good people who do not contribute to NSC because they just can't be bothered with the inane responses they get. Fortunately, the majority are decent folk who contribute massively to this great forum and do not feel the need for sarcastic and unpleasant replies.

The last thing this forum needs is yet another holier-than-thou bellend, so if the occasional insult puts you off posting then all the better I say. I'm sure theres a wall somewhere that isn't planning to insult you, why not go spend some time with that?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Actually, no I am not. I was (a very small) part of an organisation which had to deal with escalating catastrophe when peoples preferred insults to rationale debate, attempts at compromise and tolerance of each others' views.

You mean your job was answering the phone in the complaints department of TalkTalk :tantrum:

RedRob

Mar 2, 2013
Pyongyang
The last thing this forum needs is yet another holier-than-thou bellend, so if the occasional insult puts you off posting then all the better I say. I'm sure theres a wall somewhere that isn't planning to insult you, why not go spend some time with that?

...The insults you have to fend off on this site are (almost) enough to put one off wanting to support The Albion!, as you don't really want to believe your own fans are more hostile to you than the average p*lace fan.

Shame on you, young sir :nono:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I hope you will allow an oldie a moment's self-indulgence! I have just dodged the dreadful showers in Alexandra Park, Hastings and spoken to some super people, who were friendly and affable. I could not help but contrast that with some of the NSC respondent's contributions these last couple of days which are quite offensive to others. Yes, the situation at the Albion is causing stress and strain, but nonetheless, it would be really good if we could all avoid insults aimed at others:

They are invariably unpleasant.
They are almost certainly unnecessary and unsubstantiated.
With the degree of anonymity afforded by such a forum, I suspect that they in any case don't represent the "real you".
The insults display an element of unwelcome arrogance - calling others a xxxx simply because they hold a different view, does not reflect well on respondents.
By all means put your view across with vigour, and, yes, you may find it hard to see the opposite opinion, and there is nothing wrong with saying so, but it does not follow that he/she is a xxxxxxxx

I have read many erudite comments on here this morning, far better than I could put together, and long may it continue, but please let us all avoid wild insults that serve absolutely no purpose.
Many thanks for your patience!

What a load of complete nonsense.

If you don't like the atmosphere or language on this forum then you can leave. I'm struggling to see exactly what gives you the right to expect others to follow your outdated 'code'.

Jan 30, 2008
ok, are you an agony aunt from a national newspaper
regards
DR

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
...The insults you have to fend off on this site are (almost) enough to put one off wanting to support The Albion!, as you don't really want to believe your own fans are more hostile to you than the average p*lace fan.

Shame on you, young sir :nono:

You make me embarrassed to be an albion fan mate, grow a pair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports