Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Insulate Britain protests

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
So just to clarify , Watford Zero is wrong the CITY is growing since BREXIT and we haven't lost any of its 'business' or jobs to EU countries ....

Maybe you should look into it, form your own opinion.

You don’t have to follow the ramblings of some random pontificating about stuff he doesn’t know anything about on the internet.

The truth is out there.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
So just to clarify , Watford Zero is wrong the CITY is growing since BREXIT and we haven't lost any of its 'business' or jobs to EU countries ....

You are Michael Heaver and I claim my 5 gbp

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
You are Michael Heaver and I claim my 5 gbp

If I knew who he was I think it might probably be the biggest insult of my life and I am 65. I just saw UKIP and stopped reading.

I am not confirming the fact I want cunny to confirm what i asked is true but he seems reluctant to...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Maybe you should look into it, form your own opinion.

You don’t have to follow the ramblings of some random pontificating about stuff he doesn’t know anything about on the internet.

The truth is out there.

don't be shy you have said a lot in the forum so it should be easy for you to say yes and back it with a few headline figures

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
My advice is be careful not to vote for parties who's elected members only purpose is to enlarge their bank balances (and their friends), and politicians who don't care if children go hungry, cut Nurses pay (even if they saved their life) and happily see people drown in the channel aren't going to give a fig if your house is insulated properly

problem being that, despite starting off with the noblest of intentions , once seated at the top table it is far easier just to toe the line and take what's being given , the only alternative is a landslide spill of biblical proportions .......we could go back to 15 years ago or so and debate the house flipping scandal under Browne......are they really any different...?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
You lot are mental! How the f**k did this end up arguing about Brexit :facepalm:

I honestly reckon some people think about Brexit every second of every day :lolol:

More to the point, there are many people who suffer from Brexit every second of the day. Obviously you are not one of them...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Any Brexit benefits please expand and put on the Brexit thread. To date all we're had was is a VAT reduction on tampons and something about pork exports to China, so this news would be welcome especially as UK left the EU with a no deal on services..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They reckon that every year the amount of extra Arctic ice that melts slows the Gulf Stream to the extent that it might be permanently stopped or drastically diverted.

Have you seen the film 'The Day after Tomorrow'?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
problem being that, despite starting off with the noblest of intentions , once seated at the top table it is far easier just to toe the line and take what's being given , the only alternative is a landslide spill of biblical proportions .......we could go back to 15 years ago or so and debate the house flipping scandal under Browne......are they really any different...?

Do you mean the disaster caused by sub prime lending in America, which was quickly addressed by the actions of Gordon Brown (albeit this being a global financial crisis its effects were felt long after the initial event and Brown received no recognition or credit for his actions), and that has been backfilled in the minds of everyone as a crisis caused by Brown by the relentless baiting of him in the media, an easy exercise owing to Brown's weird face and peculiar mannerisms, and that resulted in a tory government that used austerity to 'rebalance' the economy so that nobody can now buy a property unless they already have one to sell, or a bank of mum and dad to tap up? Or do you mean some American Browne I've never heard of?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
don't be shy you have said a lot in the forum so it should be easy for you to say yes and back it with a few headline figures

1) pretty sure I say less on this forum than you and other empty vessels eh?
2) compared to the doomsayers predictions of the effect of Brexit on the city and its business the city and its associated services are positively thriving, vacancies are up, pay is up, MA is up, new markets have been created (eg with new trading relationship with Switzerland).
3) if you can show, mass redundancies, pay cuts, partial or complete market closure, catastrophic collapse of order flow be my guest, you won’t find it.
4) as per EUs extension of clearing continuing in London, anyone with a shred of understanding would appreciate the difficulties connected to the EU seeking to replicate the UK financial services structures.
5) even if they had an endless supply of money, battalions of stormtrooper style lawyers, agreement on what countries would benefit from the transfer of business, they are years and years away, (that’s assuming the city stands still).

So there it is, as most rational people knew, on this side of their strategic responsibilities the EU is suffering from small dick syndrome. They just need to get used to having a big leathery union jacked corey being slapped into their face every day.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Do you mean the disaster caused by sub prime lending in America, which was quickly addressed by the actions of Gordon Brown (albeit this being a global financial crisis its effects were felt long after the initial event and Brown received no recognition or credit for his actions), and that has been backfilled in the minds of everyone as a crisis caused by Brown by the relentless baiting of him in the media, an easy exercise owing to Brown's weird face and peculiar mannerisms, and that resulted in a tory government that used austerity to 'rebalance' the economy so that nobody can now buy a property unless they already have one to sell, or a bank of mum and dad to tap up? Or do you mean some American Browne I've never heard of?

He received no credit because he and Labour was part of the problem, his Chancellor has already apologised.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2011/sep/26/ed-balls-sorry-labour-failures

Notwithstanding this catastrophic shit show, I suspect you will have forgotten the financial abortion of circa 300bn on PFI which taxpayers got royally f*cked over on.

So, aside from plunging the country into penury, calling a fellow labour supporter racist, he was great.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Notwithstanding this catastrophic shit show, I suspect you will have forgotten the financial abortion of circa 300bn on PFI which taxpayers got royally f*cked over on.

And after they took power in 2008, it took the Tories 8 (eight) years to stop using the PFI initiatives they had introduced into Whitehall through John Major in the 90’s. ****ing shocking.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
And after they took power in 2008, it took the Tories 8 (eight) years to stop using the PFI initiatives they had introduced into Whitehall through John Major in the 90’s. ****ing shocking.

believe they did under Hammond.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
He received no credit because he and Labour was part of the problem, his Chancellor has already apologised.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2011/sep/26/ed-balls-sorry-labour-failures

So, aside from plunging the country into penury, calling a fellow labour supporter racist, he was great.

and look who's in charge now, the architech of the crash

sunak.jpeg

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Not that I am a Tory.

So you keep claiming Rob, but you are more than happy to work for one of their donors and reap the rewards of the contracts that come from them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here