Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

innovative ideas that might just help

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Goldstone to Hove Town Hall would get my support.We've got to do SOMETHING, and Iagree that a town centre demo, rather than an A23/A27 one would be more practical and have more impact.

Sorry, I was tired last night !

Maybe we could start at the three different ends of Brighton and Hove and all arrive en masse in front of the pavillion? 20 odd thousand all arriving in The Steine at the same time with loads of colour and noise.

It could encourage more to join in as the marches move in from the North, East and West? Would also get the message over to the maximum number of local residents.

Last edited:

The Famous Grouse

Dec 9, 2003
Im up 4 anything!!! U Just tellme where n when..im ment to b at college but 2 many letters and emails being sent
:eek: If we print loads and hand them out town centre to b signed..that would get loads who up 4 it??

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We can't send Prescott anything nasty in case it prejudices his decision, not to mention negative publicity, but what about sending him something nice?

How about everyone orders a bunch of flowers and send them to his office, or, if you're in London, buy a cheap bunch and leave them outside the entrance to Downing Street. The resident press will notice the growing pile of flowers and flock round, wondering if someone important has died.

You could always include a card, saying something like

"With deepest sympathy over the death of Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club, or at least it will be if we don't get our new stadium at Falmer"

It would be funny to see loads of florist's vans turning up with a little something for Two Jags, and any press present would love it. Plus if they did get loads, they'd send all the flowers in the end to local hospitals, so everyone's a winner!

If you want to donate a few quid to the cause, there are surely worse ways to do it. www.interflora.co.uk or call them for same day delivery.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I suggested ages ago that maybe we could hang the falmer flag from the Humber Bridge before the Grimsby game? Im in Hull and would be quite happy to organise any march/demo in Prescott's constituency.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Blue and white flowers of course ;)

Think of it as a kind of valentine's message for Two Jags.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Posted this in another thread, when the demo is organised then you know what to do:

Meridian TV:

Contact Us
For general comments or queries this is the first place you should call.

Telephone: 023 8022 2555
Fax: 023 8071 2081
Minicom: for the hearing impaired 023 8033 0561
Email: dutyoffice@meridiantv.com

AND THIS!:

Got a Scoop?
If you think you've got a story that we should know then pick up your phone. All you need to do is contact the newsroom which covers your area.

Maidstone:
01622 882 244
Newbury:
01635 522 322
Southampton:
02380 222 555

Or email your tip to news@meridiantv.com

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Humber Bridge is about 1.6 miles long and at one time was the largest bridge in Europe so the flag flying underneath that would be ace.
You can walk over the bridge so how about getting everyone to line up on it and drop the flag down? From the riverside you would just see blue and white lining the bridge and a massive Falmer for all flag. Would be great and would be bound to get coverage in Hull Daily Mail, I could tip them off, get some people down etc.

What does everyone think?
I will organise it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
edna krabappel said:
We can't send Prescott anything nasty in case it prejudices his decision, not to mention negative publicity, but what about sending him something nice?

How about everyone orders a bunch of flowers and send them to his office, or, if you're in London, buy a cheap bunch and leave them outside the entrance to Downing Street. The resident press will notice the growing pile of flowers and flock round, wondering if someone important has died.

You could always include a card, saying something like

"With deepest sympathy over the death of Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club, or at least it will be if we don't get our new stadium at Falmer"

It would be funny to see loads of florist's vans turning up with a little something for Two Jags, and any press present would love it. Plus if they did get loads, they'd send all the flowers in the end to local hospitals, so everyone's a winner!

If you want to donate a few quid to the cause, there are surely worse ways to do it. www.interflora.co.uk or call them for same day delivery.

Love this idea. We need to get mass take-up for it to work though. Half a dozen bunches wouldn't cut it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
True, post it in a separate thread to generate further attention?

I just think it's a non-violent, non threatening, mildly humourous way to catch people's eye and just maybe generate a bit of publicity.

And more importantly, it's different, i can't recall anyone ever doing a Great Interflora Protest over anything before. People in London can pick up a bunch of carnations for £2 in Tesco or at a garage.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Excellent idea to send the flowers, though agree it would need a huge take up.
Again, great idea for the march to the town halls. Not sure about figures of 20,000 turning up at this short notice on a wet Sunday. Would be very happy with anything over 2,000.
Anyone up for a 24 hour picket of the town hall?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
See separate Flower organising committee post below!

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Has anyone set up an online petition yet? It's easy to do and I can get one online in a few minutes if no-one else has.

anyone know?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Gareth Glover said:
I would go to London but we need numbers. How many would go at short notice to London Sunday. Locally we could get thousands and thousands out.

How many from Brighton? Or how many people to support our cause? Maybe Sunday is short notice, but think how many we could get on a march in London with other supporters. A "Fans United March if you like, even if not this weekend.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Turkey said:
I've suggested this to the Charlton fans who are at Chelsea this weekend.

can we not give abramovich a call? after all he dug deep for another club, we just want some publicity

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Haven't posted in ages - BUT I AM INCENSED

How about this for the march - and I will drive back to Sussex from Bristol regardless

We congregate at Goldstone site-. I have never stepped foot there before but it makes a point. Walk down through Hove past town hall and into Brighton and onto seafront.

If the press want a picture opportunity, Albion fans, Falmer posters and a sinking West Pier provide a very relevent comparison.

As for Wycombe - I reckon the idea of having so many fans there without tickets is genius. The roads in and out of there ground are terrible anyway and it proves a massive point, just outside of London too - just bring your radios. Crowd congestion away from home by the PROVINCIAL CLUB!!!!!!!!

Flowers though guys - how much do we want to play up the gay image? and im not spending any money on an MP!!!

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
As a very simple idea just get intouch with anyone you know with or without an interest in football and get them to write to the email address. I've just emailed 15 mates and they are all keen to help, everyone knows about the shit we have been through and should be happy to lend a hand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here