[Albion] Injuries

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I think you could be right.
Gross at right back would be targeted by United I think. Webster has played right back too and so we could revert to a back four when we don’t have the ball.
RDZ will not randomly switch to a back 5 in one of our most important games of the season.

You say Gross will be targeted by Man U, Gross is fantastic at right back because March supports him, people may disagree but I think we are a better team (especially going forward) with Gross at RB than Veltman.

We are the favourites, we need to go there and take the game to them like we do everyone else, sod who they might target.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Obviously would rather Veltman was fit but if it means Gross goes to right back and Mac Allister and Caicedo are the double pivot, it could be a positive for us. Enciso’s recent performances mean he comes into the equation as a starter in the 10 role.

Welbeck starting instead of Ferguson is no drop off either - would be a massive bonus to have Ferguson available on the bench though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He didn’t rule them out whatsoever. Naylor is a muppet for running with that sensationalist guessing headline. Obvs chances are they won’t play but he’s 100% doing 2+2=5
Cough cough…

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
On the club website today :
Asked in his press conference on Friday afternoon, Roberto De Zerbi revealed that no one been completely ruled out for Sunday's game.

"The situation with their injuries is not clear yet. We have another two days and we have time to understand and analyse the decision. Jason Steele is available, but I don't know if he's 100% fit."

Bit of ‘keep them guessing’ going on here I think !

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Vicente when he left, said he was fit and wanting to play but Gus wouldn’t pick him and he didn’t know why. That was a bit weird.
So fit and wanting to play that, after leaving us, he never played another professional game.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Squad now going to be tested. Welbeck will miss games. Several players looking close to their endurance limits. Lots out now especially in attacking positions.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Squad now going to be tested. Welbeck will miss games. Several players looking close to their endurance limits. Lots out now especially in attacking positions.
I’m not sure Welbeck is injured. Undav looked like he was coming on even before Welbz went down.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Looking at the positives, I expect us to see a bit more of the likes of Anyari, Buonanotte and Gilmour in the coming weeks as well the continual improvement of Enciso who I thought was good again today which is exciting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports