Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Injuries

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
It didn’t look like Evan turned his ankle completely, he’s 18 so there’s hope, bench maybe.
I think we need to be focusing on a right back in the summer, Velts is over 30 and Lamptey sadly can’t be relied upon.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It didn’t look like Evan turned his ankle completely, he’s 18 so there’s hope, bench maybe.
I think we need to be focusing on a right back in the summer, Velts is over 30 and Lamptey sadly can’t be relied upon.
I agree.

I’m not sure Offiah is the answer either.

But it’s more than the right back position. Left back is a massive issue, no one is pushing Pervis for the place. We don’t have a player like him. Potter tried to purge us of full backs and wingers as he likes central players on the flanks. We could end up with two or three new fullbacks this summer in my opinion, especially if Karbo’s permanent option is taken up by Fortuna Düsseldorf which is likely given his superb form.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’m going full Ostrich, ignoring any negative gossip and revelling in the win for the coming week.

The best way to enjoy these Albion salad days.

Only looking at team sheets an hour before the next KO.

A recipe for happiness.
The other recipe would be to remember.

Welbeck is fit.
&
Despite Veltman being greeeeat, we are better with Groß at right back, Mac Allister and Caicedo double pivot with a different #10.

What a time to be alive!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The other recipe would be to remember.

Welbeck is fit.
&
Despite Veltman being greeeeat, we are better with Groß at right back, Mac Allister and Caicedo double pivot with a different #10.

What a time to be alive!
Yes. We've missed Mac Allister deeper alongside Caicedo since Lallana has been out. Yesterday's enforced change, with Groß dropping to full back and Enciso taking up the '10' role meant we got the band back together.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Did I read in the week that Lallana is back in full training? That would be a massive positive.
Moder looks to be back to fullish training too. We shouldn’t rule out a return in May. The club are clearly taking it very slowly with him but what’s the point in saving him for next season if he is fit and able to play this one?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Full back is an issue.

We only have 3 senior full backs and 2 are (presumably) injured.

You'd imagine Gross will fill in at right back. But I wonder, with a week to practice it, 3 at the back becomes more tempting for RDZ.

You could put together a worst case scenario team like ...

--------Sanchez
----Webster Dunk Colwill
March Gross Caicedo Estupinan
----MacAllister Mitoma
--------Welbeck

Far from shabby, but I can see why he likes March and Mitoma so high up, so I'm guessing a 4 more likely, you could revert this to a back 4 with Webby filling in at right back

Lots of options, I still think Gross at right back, Enciso starting is probabe if Veltman doesn't make it

In any case, players like Undav, Enciso, maybe Ayari have a great chance of getting on the pitch at Wembley
Change our entire system and go to a formation we’ve never played in a cup semi final against a good team? Can’t agree, not to say that’s a bad line up but its better off sticking to a system that’s tried and tested.

It’s quite bizarre of Naylor to put out they are both ruled out, is he some kind of medical mystical mastermind who has diagnosed and given time frames already?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Reckon Groß will start at RB, good news in that it means we pair Mac and Moises with (probably) Julio in front of them (he’s earned a start). De Z likes a back 4.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Reckon Groß will start at RB, good news in that it means we pair Mac and Moises with (probably) Julio in front of them (he’s earned a start). De Z likes a back 4.
This is my guess. Enciso deserves the opportunity unless a swift return for Veltman

Jimmy Grimble

Was there any word on Webster?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
He’s right though - I noticed him slacking right off after the goal 100%. Glad he’ll be having words and Enciso will learn from it…
Not sure he was slacking off but he was looking for fouls that would never be given and we lost possession 3 times because of it. I thought he should have been taken off and another midfielder (or defender) on to put in some more energy .....

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Full back is an issue.

We only have 3 senior full backs and 2 are (presumably) injured.

You'd imagine Gross will fill in at right back. But I wonder, with a week to practice it, 3 at the back becomes more tempting for RDZ.

You could put together a worst case scenario team like ...

--------Sanchez
----Webster Dunk Colwill
March Gross Caicedo Estupinan
----MacAllister Mitoma
--------Welbeck

Far from shabby, but I can see why he likes March and Mitoma so high up, so I'm guessing a 4 more likely, you could revert this to a back 4 with Webby filling in at right back

Lots of options, I still think Gross at right back, Enciso starting is probabe if Veltman doesn't make it

In any case, players like Undav, Enciso, maybe Ayari have a great chance of getting on the pitch at Wembley
I think you could be right.
Gross at right back would be targeted by United I think. Webster has played right back too and so we could revert to a back four when we don’t have the ball.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Change our entire system and go to a formation we’ve never played in a cup semi final against a good team? Can’t agree, not to say that’s a bad line up but its better off sticking to a system that’s tried and tested.

It’s quite bizarre of Naylor to put out they are both ruled out, is he some kind of medical mystical mastermind who has diagnosed and given time frames already?
mind games....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here