Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Infighting amongst our fans

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's a bit 1970s to suggest that you shouldn't swear in front of Women anyway isn't it? And as for "don't swear in front of my girlfriend" well, that belongs to history as well!
Respect is out of ‘fashion’?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Absolutely. Was definitely at the Gerry Ryan tackle game, plus the 5 penalties plus others. i can’t remember there being lots of tedious bell-endery back and coked up gob-shites then so no, I didn’t complain.
Did you go to the 1-0 to us when on loan Barry Butlin scored after a couple of minutes. We were queuing outside!

also when palace had a VW Beetle that used to go up and down the wings ( with rollers for wheels) so the pitch was flat for our ex manager to run down the wing

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did you go to the 1-0 to us when on loan Barry Butlin scored after a couple of minutes. We were queuing outside!

also when palace had a VW Beetle that used to go up and down the wings ( with rollers for wheels) so the pitch was flat for our ex manager to run down the wing
I don’t remember the Barry Butlin game, or Barry Butlin for that matter. But the Beetle certainly rings a bell.

Edit: Just looked up Barry and he was on loan for 5 games two years before my first game.

As an aside, the Beetle reminds me of a contraption the Albion had named “The Whale”. I think we borrowed it from SCC to mop up waterlogged pitches. Same era.

Last edited:

Molango's visa

Molango's visa
Sep 7, 2007
London, UK
I don't know if I have merged two incidents into one, but I remember them occurring in the same game. That Leyton Orient game where the guy ran on the pitch (to get at the ref, or was he going for an orient player...?) and was stopped by Wilkins(?). I remember that guy, prior to this, getting into an argument with other fans in the north stand because they got fed up with his constant haranguing of our own keeper.
I went to school with him and last saw him a few years ago. He's had a few "moments" but I think he's calmed down a bit now, being 66 years old.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'd rather people didn't use that language in public but it's very old fashioned to view it differently depending on gender. See also - Opening doors for people.
That’s still the same. I open doors for people and they open them for me. It’s called manners.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Indeed, didn't see any ID checks at all as we went through the turnstiles.
We were going through the turnstiles about an hour or so before kick off and just as we were about to be searched one of the Brighton stewards instructed “no more checks, let’s just get them in”. I imagine if you went before this cut off you got checked, everyone after probably didn’t.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
We were going through the turnstiles about an hour or so before kick off and just as we were about to be searched one of the Brighton stewards instructed “no more checks, let’s just get them in”. I imagine if you went before this cut off you got checked, everyone after probably didn’t.
There were ID check in the queue (not at turnstyle) about 40min before KO... but it was pretty slack. My son and I didn't get asked.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
This ID check thing is a farce.

As I saw it, the early arrivals had 5 min thorough searches and ID checks. These were mostly older and coach passengers.
The later arrivals, trains and younger spectators, we're rushed through fast track.

Yes, of course it makes sense.

One of the regulars behind us that we have got to know over the years will occasionally and suddenly explode into extremely loud expletive filled rants when he can't contain his frustration any longer.

A few months ago, just as there was a pause and it went quiet he shouted at the top of his voice 'Ref you really are a complete f***ing useless caaaant'.

He then looked around, and followed it up with 'Oh, I am sorry everyone, but it was that cant in the Black that made me say it' :lolol:

Where abouts? Haha think I know exactly who that is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Me too, but the idea that one should particularly open doors for a lady is old-fashioned sexist nonsense.
If you say so. I still appreciate it when someone does it for me, and always say thank you. As I said, it’s manners.
Good manners are never old fashioned.

RustyKent

Jun 2, 2014
Herne Bay

I rember the Butlin game well, as I was inside and saw the goal. We appeared to be in a crowd of Brighton fans, but when Butlin scored all hell broke loose. There were loads of Palace in the away end with blue and white, they attacked us whilst we were celebrating, which was very confusing. The police managed to separate the fans as the late Brighton fans entered.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It's a bit 1970s to suggest that you shouldn't swear in front of Women anyway isn't it? And as for "don't swear in front of my girlfriend" well, that belongs to history as well!

In the spirit of Christmas, my good lady wife called me a f***ing twat yesterday for eating a box of lindt I was supposed to be wrapping up. She never went to Roedean.

Jimmy Grimble

This is another one of those threads which really reveals the likely average age of NSCers.

(Not meant negatively before anyone thinks it’s meant as a dig.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here