Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Infighting amongst our fans

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Firstly - racism is unacceptable, at any level. If identified then a long ban should follow.
However, bad language e.g. c**t, whilst overused by those with serious IQ issues, has been part of football (and working class society) since time began. My response to "women and children nearby" is - it's Palace away, what the hell do you expect? If you don't want your 11 year old or your girlfriend to be exposed to that then don't take them to Palace away. It really is that simple.
It's a bit 1970s to suggest that you shouldn't swear in front of Women anyway isn't it? And as for "don't swear in front of my girlfriend" well, that belongs to history as well!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
This makes sense.

The guy was calling for a steward for ages. He was shouting so loudly you thought there was a medical emergency in the stand.
Mad with so many albion away stewards in place. Standing, watching. Didn't see them move, but perhaps they have to rely on the home stewards to intervene? Not sure why they're there if that's the case though.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No need to tell the stewards that someone is chucking out racist abuse? wow.
Never been one for running and snitching, personally. A swift punch in the face sounds like a quicker, more effective kind of justice to me.

Also, what is a steward supposed to do? Can they honestly remove someone from the ground based on someone else saying that this person shouted something racist? What if he denies it? What’s stopping anyone claiming someone has suited something racist if they want them ejected?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Never been one for running and snitching, personally. A swift punch in the face sounds like a quicker, more effective kind of justice to me.

Also, what is a steward supposed to do? Can they honestly remove someone from the ground based on someone else saying that this person shouted something racist? What if he denies it? What’s stopping anyone claiming someone has suited something racist if they want them ejected?
I guess all that's coming out in the wash, as the accused was removed and no other 'evidence' was collected.

el punal

I’m 52 years old and been to 58 different grounds watching Brighton from 1985

Never really saw much fighting amongst our own fan base, yes there were different groups from different areas that went home and away but never really saw fans turning on each other.

Everyone came together, and looked out for each other.

Lots of reports recently of in fighting, punch ups with fellow fans

What are your thoughts and experiences of fan base today and that of days gone by ?
Mrs.Punal and yours truly went to the Palace games on a regular basis back in the 1970s. The was no in-fighting then, there was enough going on to keep you occupied with the Palace lot instead. On one notable occasion we were standing on the White Horse Lane terrace, behind the goal to be precise. To the right of us were the Brighton mob and on the left were Palace. Suddenly everything turned to rat shit - bricks, bottles, stones, coins went over our heads from both the left and right side. We were in the eye of the storm, so to speak, as nothing fell on us. Dangerous days back then compared to today’s powder puff posturing.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

So you think the ideal solution to racism and discrimination is to punch the prejudice out of people?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dangerous days back then compared to today’s powder puff posturing.
Exactly were it not for the Met 'holding everyone back' the entire game should and probably would pass without incident.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Point proven. Did you go to Palace when it was really bad in the 70s/80s and complain about it then?
Absolutely. Was definitely at the Gerry Ryan tackle game, plus the 5 penalties plus others. i can’t remember there being lots of tedious bell-endery back and coked up gob-shites then so no, I didn’t complain.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's a bit 1970s to suggest that you shouldn't swear in front of Women anyway isn't it? And as for "don't swear in front of my girlfriend" well, that belongs to history as well!
Excuse me mate. Please don’t swear before my Mrs.

oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t realise it was her turn.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Post Covid away fans has changed significantly to Stone Island, CP7 types (old and young) who are quire aggressive but not particularly threatening.

That said CPFC away really is becoming a nightmare these days, behind me someone called the linesman a f***ing coon and repeatedly used the C word which to me is fine however there were females and younger fans near by.

And before all you PC experts say why didn't you report him, not for me thanks given how aggressive he was and on the Met Police march back to the station the weed stink nearly made me high as a kite.
You should report it to the club, surprising how well they can pick up scummers like that through CCTV

No need to do it on the day now.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
And as for "don't swear in front of my girlfriend" well, that belongs to history as well!
Im sorry, I didn’t realise it was her turn.

Edit, sorry, I see I was beaten to it.

One of the regulars behind us that we have got to know over the years will occasionally and suddenly explode into extremely loud expletive filled rants when he can't contain his frustration any longer.

A few months ago, just as there was a pause and it went quiet he shouted at the top of his voice 'Ref you really are a complete f***ing useless caaaant'.

He then looked around, and followed it up with 'Oh, I am sorry everyone, but it was that cant in the Black that made me say it' :lolol:

North Stand?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here