Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Incorrect season ticket refund amount

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nothing yet received. The Albion are not the worst at giving refunds in my experience (that honour goes to a Greek hotel who are keeping my deposit), but they're in the bottom 3.

How many refunds have you required from the club?
Did they give you a specific date for you refund?
Has that date expired?

I have every faith my refund will appear.
But what's probably more heartening for Messrs Bloom and Barber, if I doesn't I have the up most confidence that it will arrive soon after I email them.

I'm not sure what else they are supposed to do, in these unprecedented times.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
How many refunds have you required from the club?
Did they give you a specific date for you refund?
Has that date expired?

I have every faith my refund will appear.
But what's probably more heartening for Messrs Bloom and Barber, if I doesn't I have the up most confidence that it will arrive soon after I email them.

I'm not sure what else they are supposed to do, in these unprecedented times.

What a load of nonsense.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
What is?

I'm just curious as to how the club have become ranked in your bottom 3 for giving refunds.

By not refunding me in the time scale indicated. By making me chase the refund. If you're interested, top of the list are organisations like See Tickets who manage to do what you'd expect - refund promptly and smoothly when the entertainment paid for is not delivered.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
By not refunding me in the time scale indicated. By making me chase the refund. If you're interested, top of the list are organisations like See Tickets who manage to do what you'd expect - refund promptly and smoothly when the entertainment paid for is not delivered.

When were you told you would receive your refund?
I think my email said words to the effect of 'by the end of this week'.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

This is an unprecedented event. The club have to refund approx 22,000 people. It looks as though the ticketing system only allows them to refund individual matches, so that is over 100,000 refunds to process. Given they've also got to work out reductions etc for the donations some people will have made, and work out new direct debit payments for people who pay via that, its not exactly a simple process.

All it would take is a simple email to supporter services saying you'd not received your payment and your fan number and I'm sure they'll update you within a couple of hours on what is happening. When I contacted them regarding the direct debit not changing for June as they originally said it would I got an email back pretty quickly explaining what was happening. You are hardly being made to jump through hoops to get the refund, just have a bit of patience.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
This is an unprecedented event. The club have to refund approx 22,000 people. It looks as though the ticketing system only allows them to refund individual matches, so that is over 100,000 refunds to process. Given they've also got to work out reductions etc for the donations some people will have made, and work out new direct debit payments for people who pay via that, its not exactly a simple process.

All it would take is a simple email to supporter services saying you'd not received your payment and your fan number and I'm sure they'll update you within a couple of hours on what is happening. When I contacted them regarding the direct debit not changing for June as they originally said it would I got an email back pretty quickly explaining what was happening. You are hardly being made to jump through hoops to get the refund, just have a bit of patience.

You don't think this was unprecedented for everybody? All I am saying is that some have done have done it faster and better than the Albion. People tend to be much more forgiving of the Albion that any other commercial business, fair enough that you feel that way. I haven't for some time. Bad fan and all that. Will expect a lengthy ticking off from Paul Barber.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You don't think this was unprecedented for everybody? All I ama saying is that some have done have done it faster and better than the Albion. People tend to be much more forgiving of the Albion that any other commercial business, fair enough that you feel that way. I haven't for some time. Bad fan and all that. Will expect a lengthy ticking off from Paul Barber.

You must have missed my question.

By what date did the club inform you they would refund the money back you?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
You must have missed my question.

By what date did the club inform you they would refund the money back you?

Stand or Fall and all that, some people just can’t wait to have a dig at the club.

Wouldn’t it be funny if SiJ turned out to be a DD payer!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You don't think this was unprecedented for everybody? All I am saying is that some have done have done it faster and better than the Albion. People tend to be much more forgiving of the Albion that any other commercial business, fair enough that you feel that way. I haven't for some time. Bad fan and all that. Will expect a lengthy ticking off from Paul Barber.

I really hope you aren't a member of one of our gyms as your head might explode. I have been through a week's worth of planning meetings coming up with hare-brained schemes to try and communicate to our customers and ensure we collect the correct reduced amount on the correct day knowing full well if we get it wrong for a handful of people, they will be spouting off on social media, comparing it to a standard refund in full for a one off ticket. They won't see the hundreds of man hours hacking systems to make them do something they were never designed to do.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Surely there aren’t 22000 STH paying lump sum ? I assumed most pay by DD and therefore aren’t getting a cash refund.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Do you pay by DD ? If so, that would contradict the e Mail we all received saying we would be refunded for 2019/20 through DD 2020/21.
Yep. I only contacted them as last month, I received an email showing that they wanted to reimburse me more money than I was due. I currently pay for three season tickets, for me and for my two sons. A few emails went back and forth and a final one arrived that finally made sense, and at the end of it, it informed me that I would receive payment back into my account sometime mid June.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yep. I only contacted them as last month, I received an email showing that they wanted to reimburse me more money than I was due. I currently pay for three season tickets, for me and for my two sons. A few emails went back and forth and a final one arrived that finally made sense, and at the end of it, it informed me that I would receive payment back into my account sometime mid June.

Well, that’s odd. That’s certainly the way I think it should be working.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well, that’s odd. That’s certainly the way I think it should be working.
Me too. But yet. I'll have a look back and quote some of it.

Here it is:

As part of the your MyAlbion Digital account, you all need to have a different e-mail address in order to log online and access onto your ticketing info. Nothing else has been changed a part of that as I can see that all DD payments are under your bank account. Hence you will get a total refund of*£356.58 onto your bank account by middle of June.

So the club knew that I was paying by DD and yet stated that I'd receive a refund.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here